Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma's strong presence in aviation evidenced again.

Default Oklahoma's strong presence in aviation evidenced again.

http://www.newsok.com/boeing-awards-...adlines_widget

The following is positive news for Tulsa:

Boeing awards contract to Tulsa manufacturer
    The Associated Press
    Published: April 20, 2009

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Boeing Co. has awarded a contract to repair and overhaul thrust reversers on the company's 737 next-generation planes to a Tulsa aerospace manufacturer.

Executives from Nordam Group announced the contract on Monday. They say the contract likely won't have an immediate effect on the company's employment numbers but that it's possible that jobs could be added later at Nordam's repair division in Tulsa.

Nordam Chief Executive Officer Bill Peacher says the awarding of the contract bodes well for the company's business.

Under the three-year deal, Nordam will provide service bulletin work for aircraft thrust reversers on about 2,200 Boeing 737 next-generation planes. Nordam spokesman Brian Beair says there are two thrust reversers in each of two engines on each plane.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Default Re: Oklahoma's strong presence in aviation evidenced again.

Absolutely fabulous.

I grew up in OKC and never really considered that it had such an aviation-rich history/tradition. My husband worked for the FAA for a hundred years and his dad did before him. That really opened my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Okie View Post
    Absolutely fabulous.

I grew up in OKC and never really considered that it had such an aviation-rich history/tradition. My husband worked for the FAA for a hundred years and his dad did before him. That really opened my eyes.
    Well, if you consider the +/- 20,000 people (excluding military) that are employed at Tinker in addition to x (x = FAA employess in OKC), you'll find our aviation sector of employment is huge. I substituted x as a variable because I don't know how many people in OKC are employed with the FAA. However, the point that aviation is important to OKC is demonstrated clearly when one examines the numbers (and variables).
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

I'm very glad to hear...since I have family and friends who work at Nordam and Boeing, I wish those 2 the best.

Oklahoma does have a lot aviation co. Does anyone remember Helicomb?

Thread Information