Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One of the oldest chinese restaurants in moore for sale

Default One of the oldest chinese restaurants in moore for sale

Kits off 12th and eastern is looking to sell, they plan on retiring, the owners of the silver leaf shopping center doubled there rent, so instead of moving they just want to retire, sad to see them go, they have great eggrolls, we usually do take out once or twice a month from them.

Default Re: One of the oldest chinese restaurants in moore for sale

Aww this makes me sad! I get takeout from there all the time. They've got the best beef lo mein in town and I LOVE their fried cauliflower.

Wow, I remember eating there for lunch in High School in the 80's.

That shopping center just needs to be bulldozed.

my wife works for the family dollar there, they have been having problems with the new owners on fixing things. the whole shopping center will be out of view once a new smaller one will be built from blockbuster to the gas station.

the only few things good about that shopping center is that they still have the gyros restaurant, and sweet celebrations bakery, and kits.

That sux...Our normal takeout place cause of the excellent gravy chicken

I went to Kit's on Saturday for takeout & asked the owner about them selling. He said that after 23 years of being there, they were tired & ready for a break. He said there are no immediate plans to close, they've just got the place up for sale. I told him about this thread & he told me to get on here & tell people that they're still there so come in and eat!

thats what i said about them looking to sell, and retiring, i still plan on eating there until they close, great owners and good food. Its just sad that they are going. Support our kits, even if you never been, give them a try, try the eggrolls, very good, and that red sauce is great if you dine in, the sauce is at the table

Is it clean?

I went to Chinese food place the other day on the south side near 59th and Penn and saw a cockroach run across the floor. Have not ate there since.

well most of the time we get it to go. We have ate inside a couple times, never seen a roach, Its dark inside the restaurant, so cant really tell you if its spotless, the table has always been clean along with the booths, now i never used there bathrooms, so i cant tell you on the cleanliness of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bunchakids View Post
    Is it clean?

I went to Chinese food place the other day on the south side near 59th and Penn and saw a cockroach run across the floor. Have not ate there since.
    Had a good sized cockroach on our table at the northside Ted's 3 years ago...Damn things are nearly invincible so I don't hold one against any restaurant

Now if I saw a cockroach family vacationing I may pass on another visit

As far as dining in at Kit's...Definitely more of a takeout place as they look kinda shocked when you tell them it's not to go

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Damn things are nearly invincible so I don't hold one against any restaurant
    You're a much more forgiving person than me! Quite a few years ago a friend & I went to the Othello's campus corner location & when they brought out our food, about 20 cockroaches swarmed our table. They acted shocked when we refused to pay and told us that the roaches were only there because the exterminator had made his monthly visit that morning & "spraying drives them out." Since then I haven't been able to even see the Othello's sign without getting sick to my stomach.

Back on topic though, I always get food from Kit's as takeout. Haven't actually eaten inside there in years, but every time I'm there to pick up my to-go order it's been clean.

oh noes! i grew up in moore and ate at kit's at least once a week, and in high school my daily diet consisted of an eggroll and a small order of fried rice. every day. for 3 years. you'd think i'd be sick of the place after that, but not so much at all. i've lived on the northside for the past 12 years, and i still drive down to moore a couple of times a month when i want chinese take out. long story short, this sort of breaks my heart.

I don't know what all the broohaha is over this dump closing! I ate there once and thought the food sucked. IDK maybe I'm pickier than most people, I just don't see what the big deal is.

Aren't 90% of all chinese restaurants dumps?

no, they're generally smaller than dumps, more like dumplings

they things that i get from kits, is there eggrolls, and fried cawliflower, to me its pretty good, and i worked my share of chinese restaurants as a teen, i use to work at hunans, panda hunans, and gin wei. The eggrolls at kits are really good to me compared to the rest, there bigger and stuffed, i wathc them in the kitchen when they prepare, and they are very good on hygen, i watch for the handwashing and the prep clean up and kits is good at it.

ahhh..yes,..nothing more delicious than truly authentic chinese food in oklahoma

so delicious and authentic..the buffets have jello, ice cream, onion rings, french fries, pizza, fish sticks, tater tots, cookies, cake.

so authentic that all of the wait staff, and cashiers are oriental, but all of the cooks in the back hiding are mexican.

not that i have anything against any race,.i love and admire all cultures

but to get my point across effectively, whens the last time you went to a mexican restaurant and seen all asian chefs in the back?

ill answer that question for you..never.

I've been a Kit's customer for over 15 years. They have always had the best combos for the $$. It's sad that they have acquired so much competition the past 5 years. A family-owned and operated business. They did tell us the last time we were in that they were trying to sell the business but nothing was said about retirement. They need to remodel and are in what we think is a bad location now. They are still our favorite and we'll continue eating there as long as they are open.

Wow I will miss kits, I am 26 years old as for as long as I can remember we ate Kits, we never went anywhere else for Chinese food when I was growing up, and the thing that i loved about them was that their buffet did NOT have all that American food crap like others, it was just their Chinese food. I hate to see them go. Great family running that place.

i ate there saturday for lunch, the owner said they are still looking to sell, they are planning on moving out of state. the buffet looks like is closed for good, but still you can dine there with the nemu they have and take out

Quote Originally Posted by mireaux View Post
    ahhh..yes,..nothing more delicious than truly authentic chinese food in oklahoma

so delicious and authentic..the buffets have jello, ice cream, onion rings, french fries, pizza, fish sticks, tater tots, cookies, cake.

so authentic that all of the wait staff, and cashiers are oriental, but all of the cooks in the back hiding are mexican.

not that i have anything against any race,.i love and admire all cultures

but to get my point across effectively, whens the last time you went to a mexican restaurant and seen all asian chefs in the back?

ill answer that question for you..never.
    You don't have to be Asian to cook good Asian food. Techniques can be taught to you. Also, going into ANY Chinese/Asian restaurant, you will not be getting authentic Asian food, plain and simple. Many of the ingredients are inaccessible in America (sichuan peppercorns were trade blocked until 4 years ago). As a result, Chinese food at all restaurants has been highly adapted. My understanding, however, is that if you ask at some Chinese places, they can get you some pretty good off-the-menu stuff. I lived in China for a year and haven't eaten Chinese food in America since because it is SO sweet.

I know you all know that stuff basically - my point is - who cares if it is authentic as long as you like it?

um about the asian staff in a mexican restaurant, i guess you never been to ripley mississippi

Did Hong Kong Wok off of 12th and Telephone ever move or reopen somewhere else? I loved eating there back in the late 90s early 2000s but a few years ago some pancake place was in the building.

Thread Information