Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Exotic Cars

Default Re: OKC Exotic Cars

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
    Nice! One of my best friends' dad used to have a BMW convertible like that, but i think it was the older model like they had in a James Bond movie. It was a fun car!
    They have used a few BMW's in Bond movies, in The World Is Not Enough (1999) was pretty much the introduction of the limited manufacture Z8 (2000-2003, 5,703 units, $128,000). They used the Z3 which was the predecessor of my car in Goldeneye (1995).

BMW Z8

BMW Z3

Quote Originally Posted by gsan View Post
    Metro-

I have attached a sweet ride you can that you can drive on the weekends. Throw your collar up, put on your Raybans and parachute pants and listen to the Thompsan Twins. Aussie Motoring
    Sounds good man, I'll rock it 80's style.

Thumbs up Re: OKC Exotic Cars

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post

BMW Z8

BMW Z3
    the Z3 is the one i was thinking of, both are nice though

BMW's are maintenance nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    If you can afford a Z8, you're not worried about the cost of maintenance. (That leaves me out, btw.)

My mom has never had any problems with her BMW

7. Default Re: OKC Exotic Cars

No they're not. No more so than comparably priced (insert other brand here) cars.

They're also put together by some fanatical people. In a good way.

8. Default Re: OKC Exotic Cars

ogts... we've missed you!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    Yes, I saw them a lot in and around Gaillardia when I lived in Oklahoma City. Gaillardia is the home of Oklahoma City's leisure class. Those people don't work for a living, most are wealthy trust fund babies, trust fund middle agers, trust fund seniors, most who have never known so much as how to push a lawn mower. I bet Metro could tell lots of stories from behind the walls and gates.
    I know of 3 people who have made there money pushing the lawnmower. Have you ever heard of Total Envirmoment? The owner lives in Gaillardia. He started by pushing a lawnmower.

As for exotics I work in Edmond and we are next door to one of those "warehouses". Over the past week they have started the detailing business back up and it is business as usual....

Gallardo, Spyker, 3 Ferraris, BMW Z8, 2 Bentleys, Aston Martin, Maserati, a 1936 Cord convertible, Mercedes McClaren, the new Nissan GTR, and others...

Quote Originally Posted by okc_bel_air View Post
    ... a 1936 Cord convertible...
    Sweeet! You can keep the others. I'll take the Cord.

11. Default Re: OKC Exotic Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    ogts... we've missed you!
    You're aiming too high and don't lead the target so much...I'm slow.

The parts are cheaper for my Z4 than my Mazda RX-7 was. Not that I have had to get any yet, but priced online.

I do my own maintenance for everything I can, my Triumph has only been in the shop for one recall and they used mine to see how long it would take when scheduling others, about 30 minutes. In fact the only time we have had a car in the shop (6 years) was my wife's Escape for warranty work. My F-150 never was in 90,000 miles, the RX-7 wasn't (80,000 miles by me, traded with 170,000 miles). I don't anticipate anything out of the ordinary based off the BMW owners that I have known.

If you are uptight and anal about anything and everything and take to the shop for every little "weird" event then I would imagine it could be bad, but then the people that I have known like that have had "trouble" with pretty much everything they own, not just vehicles.

I've seen two Lamborghini's in the last 4-5 days in OKC. I saw a white one coming off Broadway Ext. at NW 63rd heading west into Nichols Hills. I was also riding my scooter in Bricktown last night and saw a black one parked at Mickey Mantles. I also caught this old 80's model Porche 928 that has been converted to an electric Hybrid at the old Physicians and Surgeons bldg. on Shartel between 11th and 12th. Good thing I had my iPhone.

I've seen a lot too. As I pass them on the highway. What's the point in paying all that money for a fast car to drive the speed limit in Oklahoma?? I don't get it. The stryker was pretty - please move.

Corvette's are the worst. They drive slower than the mini vans on Lake Hefner every morning.

I prefer the old muscle cars. Give me a '71 Cuda or '69 Mach anyday over one of the new models of overpriced plastic.

I totally agree, Corvette's are the worst, nothing like a middle aged guy with a mid-life crisis driving slower than a soccer mom. Definitely not a cool car.

Good thing that I didn't buy the Vette I was looking at instead of my BMW
    but then I don't think I can be accused of driving too slow most of the time.

I totally agree, Corvette's are the worst, nothing like a middle aged guy with a mid-life crisis driving slower than a soccer mom. Definitely not a cool car.
    Not a cool car?????Well maybe if your a middle aged guy with a bald head and a pony tail,and your driving as slow as a soccer mom, than yeah it's not cool! But I sure do like the Corvette Zo6! 505 HP!!

still not cool, IMO. kmf seems to agree. Corvettes are overrated and not any better than a 16 yr old girl driving a Mustang. For less money, you could get :

http://www.lotuscars.com/elise.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/1336397707.html

still not cool, IMO. kmf seems to agree. Corvettes are overrated and not any better than a 16 yr old girl driving a Mustang. For less money, you could get :

Lotus Cars USA: 2008 Lotus Elise

1994 Acura NSX Sport

The only problem with a Lotus is that, if you plan to carry even your laptop with you, your girlfriend has to hold it on her lap. There's no way you can make that "cool". lol Now, if you're into riding alone all the time...sure a Lotus is a very fun car. This post is not meant to defend Corvettes, btw. I'm just saying that a Lotus is very much a specialty item.
    Regarding the Porsche 928 that was converted...that's just wrong. What's the point?

Lotus Cars USA: 2008 Lotus Elise

1994 Acura NSX Sport
    yep. first thing we've agreed on in a long time. so it must be true!

I love Lotus cars but I don't fit in the new ones, I can in a Corvette. The new Proton (Malaysian made) Lotus cars are very tiny, they make a Honda S2000 seem large. I fit in the old Lotus made cars back when there was a dealership in OKC, drove quite a few of them.

Corvettes have come a long, long way...they are a heck of a car for the money in the used market. I was looking at C5 Convertibles in the low 20's before I found my Z4 for quite a bit less. They are also much more reliable than a Lotus, I found an older Esprit in Del City for sale when I was looking but just couldn't bring myself to see it as anything other than a toy, a BMW or Corvette can be an everyday driver.

Do Miatas count as an exotic car?

^^^NO Bunty! LOL

Related post here.....

Does the OKC state fair.. include a car show this year? It doesnt seem to be listed on the state fair website.

There is a Bently floating around Midtown. I've seen it twice in the past two weeks.

Thread Information