Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Exotic Cars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default OKC Exotic Cars

I saw two Lamborghinis today within an hour on North May Ave. between Memorial Rd. and NW 164th. I thought I was in Beverly Hills for a second. And a few weeks ago I saw an orange Lamborghini at Avanti. That's more than I'm used to seeing in Dallas or Austin.

Default re: OKC Exotic Cars

i think i saw that orange one downtown a couple months ago... it's a diablo, right? -M

3. Default re: OKC Exotic Cars

yeah mmm, it's a diablo.

MadMonk Guest

I've seen them too. One orange one and one white. I saw them within days of each other a couple weeks ago.

There are a lot more exotics in OKC than people would think.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    There are a lot more exotics in OKC than people would think.
    Yep, quite a bit actually. Plenty in Edmond too. I used to work out at Gaillardia, oh the stories I could tell........

7. Default re: OKC Exotic Cars

True, my neighbor has a Black Gallardo Lambo ... he doesn't take it out very often though.. it's his baby.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

I worked part time (shows, auctions) for the Lotus dealer downtown in the late 80's, there are people who have a whole bunch of stuff in garages and warehouses that rarely gets out of them. A well known Bricktown property owner had something like 13 Shelby Cobras (not Shelby Mustangs) at one time back then.

My son saw that orange Diablo in bricktown a few months ago. Apparently my reaction was not quite what it should have been. It looked like a car to me. Obviously, I am not a big car buff like most 17 year old boys are. But I have to say the BBC show Top Gear has become a must see show for me. Even a non-car person like me can appreciate it.

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    My son saw that orange Diablo in bricktown a few months ago. Apparently my reaction was not quite what it should have been. It looked like a car to me. Obviously, I am not a big car buff like most 17 year old boys are. But I have to say the BBC show Top Gear has become a must see show for me. Even a non-car person like me can appreciate it.
    Top Gear is a great show!

The orange one is the Gallardo. I have seen a black, green and orange Gallardo and a white Mucielago. But my favorite cars I have seen around town are the Ferrari's. I have seen a red 360, silver 360, red 430, black 430 and a gray 575. I have also seen a Maserati quattroporte and Ford Gt. These are big buck cars and it is great to see them in OKC. Oh yeah I forgot to mention I saw a Spyker (very rare).

One of the houses on the north side of Gallardia has one, along with a Porche and some other exotic car.

Quote Originally Posted by gsan View Post
    The orange one is the Gallardo. I have seen a black, green and orange Gallardo and a white Mucielago. But my favorite cars I have seen around town are the Ferrari's. I have seen a red 360, silver 360, red 430, black 430 and a gray 575. I have also seen a Maserati quattroporte and Ford Gt. These are big buck cars and it is great to see them in OKC. Oh yeah I forgot to mention I saw a Spyker (very rare).
    I saw a yellow Spyker in photos on a friends phone, it belongs to his father in law, the friend has a wickedly fast Viper as well.

Here's what it looks like. http://blog.wired.com/cars/images/20...der_x_0390.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    A well known Bricktown property owner had something like 13 Shelby Cobras (not Shelby Mustangs) at one time back then.
    I think he still has them because he also has the 1970 GT500 Shelby that used to belong to my best friend. When that friend was in town a year or so ago, one of our other buddies thought it might be fun to go visit the guy who bought the Shelby and ask about it. We went to that guy's club and called him over to our table. My friend pointed to our buddy and said, "This is the guy who sold you that 1970 Shelby." The owner said, "Which one?" My friend yelled a little louder, "The 1970 Shelby!" The owner again said, "Which one?" Again my friend yelled, "The 1970 Shelby!" I leaned over to my friend and said, "He saying that he has more than one 1970 GT500 Shelby. He wants to know which one you're talking about." My friend said, "Oh...the orange one." The owner said, "Oh, I love that car! It's one of my favorites" and the conversation went on from there.

Default Re: OKC Exotic Cars

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    I think he still has them because he also has the 1970 GT500 Shelby that used to belong to my best friend. When that friend was in town a year or so ago, one of our other buddies thought it might be fun to go visit the guy who bought the Shelby and ask about it. We went to that guy's club and called him over to our table. My friend pointed to our buddy and said, "This is the guy who sold you that 1970 Shelby." The owner said, "Which one?" My friend yelled a little louder, "The 1970 Shelby!" The owner again said, "Which one?" Again my friend yelled, "The 1970 Shelby!" I leaned over to my friend and said, "He saying that he has more than one 1970 GT500 Shelby. He wants to know which one you're talking about." My friend said, "Oh...the orange one." The owner said, "Oh, I love that car! It's one of my favorites" and the conversation went on from there.
    He came up to me at the Bricktown carshow one year and said "I have one of those too", referring to my Grand National. I'd already heard that his was a GNX though. Very similar in appearance but only those who paid up to $50K over sticker price became owners of the 547 GNXs that were built.

Yea Ive heard people talk about an orange one and a white one. A couple months back I saw a red Ferrari down here in norman

17. Default re: OKC Exotic Cars

There is a silver Aston Martin I've seen running around downtown. Not sure the model, it literally roared past me...then I had to change my drawers.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    There is a silver Aston Martin I've seen running around downtown. Not sure the model, it literally roared past me...then I had to change my drawers.

I saw that Aston Martin parked downtown a while back. I had stopped to snap a quick pic of it to show my wife, when suddenly a young guy in a suit came flying around the corner on a skateboard. He zoomed up to the Aston Martin, stopped quickly, and picked up his skateboard. I said to myself, "If he opens the trunk to that thing and tosses his board in the trunk, I'm going to shoot myself." Lucky for me, he was just taking a short break to admire the car and was soon on his way towards Bricktown. lol

I see them all of the time but I only live about a mile from Gallardia

saw a guy get on a lambo pretty hard going down the hefner speedway a couple of saturdays ago, it was fun to watch

He sold the last one of his Cobras (the AC version, not the Mustangs) at the collector car auction in 1991. Now he may have picked up some other pieces along the way in the 18 years since.

There is also someone who was an Aston collector back then, I don't know if he still collects them.

21. Default re: OKC Exotic Cars

saw the aston martin at la bagutte the other day with a lot of not so everyday mercedes.
    today saw a black lambo near the capitol building. a guy at my gym has a bentley and for a few weeks the nissan dealership on xpresswy and county line had a beige bentley sittin out. someone must have bought it. also seen the orange lambo you guys keep mentioning, plus some pretty ferraris and a maserati. pretty cool to me.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer Mercedes Benz to all the Italian stuff. However, I've seen a light blue Ferarri in the wooded hills between Edmond and OKc a few times. Also an Aston Martin Volante parked outside a house on N. Penn. And a white Rolls coming out of that Gallardia compound. Also a Rolls Corniche at the tall hospital on S. Western and one on N. May & Wilshire. I see nice cars all the time in Tulsa too. Bentleys, Rolls, Lambos, Ford GT's, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ronronnie1 View Post
    And a white Rolls coming out of that Gallardia compound.
    Yes, I saw them a lot in and around Gaillardia when I lived in Oklahoma City. Gaillardia is the home of Oklahoma City's leisure class. Those people don't work for a living, most are wealthy trust fund babies, trust fund middle agers, trust fund seniors, most who have never known so much as how to push a lawn mower. I bet Metro could tell lots of stories from behind the walls and gates.

Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    Yes, I saw them a lot in and around Gaillardia when I lived in Oklahoma City. Gaillardia is the home of Oklahoma City's leisure class. Those people don't work for a living, most are wealthy trust fund babies, trust fund middle agers, trust fund seniors, most who have never known so much as how to push a lawn mower. I bet Metro could tell lots of stories from behind the walls and gates.
    Well, well, well, our little uppity friend shows up to express her, I mean, his displeasure with people who drive Lamborghinis from behind the walls and gates of Gaillardia (even got a nice diss in there to metro). Why am I not surprised? I guess we can't all be latte sipping, volvo driving, vegetarian eating, uppity snobs. Me thinks the real issue is--JEALOUSY.

Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    Not very many "trust fund babies, or trust funders" if you ask me after working out there for several years. Most people out there worked pretty darn hard for their money and became successful at it and liked to enjoy their money. Celebrities, local business owners (who employ many locals). Now yes, I could tell quite a few stories from working out there, celebrities, big spenders, nice car collections, helicopters, etc...... I'll leave it at that

Thread Information