Widgets Magazine

Thread: Choctaw Fires....

1. Default Choctaw Fires....

Horrible, horrible news out of Choctaw.... 23rd and Choctaw.. it's crazy. Huge fires.

Fire engulfing many subdivisions and threatening the high school.

Winds aren't subsiding. I hope you are all okay!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Choctaw Fires....

Absolutely horrible. There are fires everywhere, but these are very bad. Sad to see people losing homes and businesses.

3. Default Re: Choctaw Fires....

We got multiple threads on wildfires!

I live near 10th and Choctaw Rd. The fire came within less than 1/4 mile of my house, but everyone is OK here. I really feel for those who lost their homes. There is some utter devastation around here. Here is a pic from near my neighborhood:

10th and Choctaw Rd:

5. Default Re: Choctaw Fires....

I pretty much have seen that everywhere there and what even more amazing is that the trees isn't actually fully burnt down. Okay, so all the grass, weeds, leaves is burned, but the trunks and limbs of trees is still there.

The trees in that picture, clearly they've been on fire. Are they dead? If so, will the city chop them all down?

I dont think the trees are dead. Usually they are pretty hardy when it comes to fires. All of the undergrowth and brush and dead organic buildup will burn and make space for new growth and vegetation while the tree I think will survive.

Some will survive, some won't. A year from now, the uninhabited areas that burned will be absolutely stunning.

Visual appeal of inhabited plots is more directly tied to when, or whether, someone rebuilds on the plot. But for the open spaces, whether you give it up to god or shout out praise science like a talking otter, fire is to turf like Proactiv is to a teen's chin.

Thread Information