Widgets Magazine

Thread: Which Wich?

1. Default Which Wich?

Go, it's great....

2. Default Re: Which Wich?

I'm actually going today so I will report. If it's like the one in norman Im sure I'll be pleased

3. Default Re: Which Wich?

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    I'm actually going today so I will report. If it's like the one in Norman I'm sure I'll be pleased
    The food is, so you will be.

Default Re: Which Wich?

They have one in Edmond now? I love the one in Norman. Please do a food review in the Food Court section of this site and post the location. I'll have to check it out soon!

Norman reviews:

http://www.okctalk.com/norman/8306-w...en-norman.html

5. Default Re: Which Wich?

They opened Sunday and they are in the remodeled plaza on Bryant by 2nd, the same one as Panda Express and Qdoba

Its good stuff. Had an Italian sandwich called the grinder, great sandwich. The Mr. Pibb in the fountain (no Dr. Pepper) was the only drawback.

I went there for lunch today. I had the Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich. It was great. I also had a strawberry milkshake/smoothie with it, and it was great.

I also talked with the owner, and he is a really cool guy. This place probably will put Planet Sub across the street out of business.

8. Default Re: Which Wich?

i was in there for lunch today too. Had a buffalo chicken sandwich with provalone and red peppers.

While it was really good, I don't remember the sandwiches being that small from my norman days. For the same price it seemed like I could get more for my buck at subway, quiznos, or spicy pickle. Also it was very slow, but nothing another hired hand couldn't solve.

All in all I will be back, but probably not during lunch.

9. Default Re: Which Wich?

Awesome. I'm moving back up that way so I will have to give it a try.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

I'm off tomorrow, I may try to swing by there and try it out!

I ate there for lunch today.

It was packed at 11:20am. I had to wait until 11:45 till I got my food and left. It was $10.18 for the sandwich, chips, and drink. I liked Jersey Mike's better for the price. Waay to expensive if you ask me. It was good, but not worth the price. I would eat there again, but not very often because of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC4me View Post
    I ate there for lunch today.

It was packed at 11:20am. I had to wait until 11:45 till I got my food and left. It was $10.18 for the sandwich, chips, and drink. I liked Jersey Mike's better for the price. Waay to expensive if you ask me. It was good, but not worth the price. I would eat there again, but not very often because of the price.
    So what I'm hearing...you're not a big fan of the PRICE?

Yea, the food was OK, but too expensive for what you get. Its a neat place though. Its worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC4me View Post
    Yea, the food was OK, but too expensive for what you get. Its a neat place though. Its worth checking out.
    The prices are average cost of sandwich between $5 AND $6 which to me is not expensive. The bread is great tasting and for the price I think it is rather reasonable. Down here in Dallas, the place is always packed. I highly recommend because it is good quality for the price.

I didnt think it was expensive at all especially compared to Quizno's and City Bites. That said, I get water and dont get chips.

I wasn't impressed at all. I will not be returning. There are other Sandwich places that are much better!

What was your complaint? I think the place is great.

Their cookies are freshly baked! I love them!

The food (well, the cookies were good, but I'm not going there just for cookies) the prices, the service. It was all bad.

The sandwiches were much smaller than other places and cost just as much, maybe more. There was nothing special about them. The bread was just ordinary. The toppings, while a large selection were just so-so in flavor. Nothing to make my mouth wow like other sandwich places.

We went late in the evening and there weren't many other people there yet we still waited for a LONG time for 4 sandwiches and a couple shakes.

Eh- just not good.

So what other sandwich places do you enjoy, which you think are better?

Jimmy Johns, Panera Bread, Jersey Mikes and Quiznos are all better. Of course, IMO. Everyone has different tastes.

Thread Information