Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Make out Spots

Default Re: Make out Spots

Quote Originally Posted by Redskins/General View Post
    Gen/64 if you will go to the opposite end of Irma's to the East and eat at McNelley's you won't even go back to Irma's, that's a guarantee!! It's 3 story building, eat on the 2nd floor, 3rd floor is closed until 5 in the evening and the first floor is too noisy. Do you know what that building was originally??????????????????????? It was the original Boulevard Cafeteria and you entered where Irma's is on the North side!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I knew that, I have just been introduced to Irma's. Myson lives over there in the North (sorry) side of town and we started meeting him and his beauty Queen over there for dinner. I'll try McNellie's next week.....

From where to make out to making burgers. yeppers, we're officially old

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    From where to make out to making burgers. yeppers, we're officially old
    And both activities promptly make me want to take a nap. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Okie View Post
    When I was a kid, I always heard about going to the "Submarine races" and going out to Lake "Hold her closer (Overholser)." Do/did such places actually exist? I confess to some smooching in the car but it was generally around the corner from my house back in the trees - and I always had an eye out for some ax murderer intent on hacking up young lovers.

Not to dampen this horny little thread (and I haven't read it all) but a lover's lane murder did happen in Norman. Two OU students were making out west of town near the flats and were shot, either in the 60s or 70s. A deputy sheriff was suspected because he had always bushwhacked front seat lovers in that area, had driven up many times, used his flashlight and ran kids off.

In the 90s the suspect, I think Gilman or Gilmore, was brought to trial. I don't remember the results but I wonder if anybody else recalls it.

As far as make out spots, in Woodward it was Experiment Lake, where you could park, listen to the frogs and look at the ***** willows. What a great name for those activities, I mean Experiment Lake, not ***** willows. In OKC when I lived there from '61 to '67 the drive in on NW Highway seemed to be the spot.

Experiment Lake seems like an appropriate, although less romantic, name, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Silliman View Post
    [/B]

Not to dampen this horny little thread (and I haven't read it all) but a lover's lane murder did happen in Norman. Two OU students were making out west of town near the flats and were shot, either in the 60s or 70s. A deputy sheriff was suspected because he had always bushwhacked front seat lovers in that area, had driven up many times, used his flashlight and ran kids off.

In the 90s the suspect, I think Gilman or Gilmore, was brought to trial. I don't remember the results but I wonder if anybody else recalls it.

As far as make out spots, in Woodward it was Experiment Lake, where you could park, listen to the frogs and look at the ***** willows. What a great name for those activities, I mean Experiment Lake, not ***** willows. In OKC when I lived there from '61 to '67 the drive in on NW Highway seemed to be the spot.
    The killing was late 60's early 70's. The guy they suspected all along was brought to trial and acquitted. Looking to find more info. Some say a cop did it.

Ahem. Well, I was a McGuiness Girl until I got pregnant at 16 (not at a make out spot!!). Because we got married, I got kicked out and ended up a pregnant teen at the alternative school. Emerson. Back in the day, there wasn't anyplace else for pregnant/married teenagers. So here I was, close to a straight A student, honestly a very "good" girl surrounded by druggies and delinquents and a whole group of people that, frankly, scared me! Think throwing a kitten in with pitbulls. They never did anything unkind but I am sure they thought I was pretty much an alien. My belly sticking out about two feet went a long way to buying me some space - blessedly. I'd wanted to be a doctor and had tanked up on a lot of extra hours so it was not hard to graduate a year early (I was supposed to graduate in 1976). I was determined to finish before the baby came (and you should have seen me waddle across the stage to get my diploma). Husband and I were married 24 years and had three kids so it worked out pretty well. All the kids are doing great.
    All three kids by the same?????????????????????????

Kidding.

You need to get on the Drive-in NW Expressway. We need you

Quote Originally Posted by papaOU View Post
    All three kids by the same?????????????????????????

Kidding.
    Yes, I was true blue and they all look like his side of the family! The greatest blessings of my life and more than any mom deserves.

Hmmm... let's see. My boyfriend who later became my husband, was older, so we just made out in his house or my room.

However, when I went to college we would go neck (or whatever) down in the park just SE of the Dorms in Norman.

And now... there is this oil field road next to Cimarron (sp) Pottery or whatever it is called now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
    Hmmm... let's see. My boyfriend who later became my husband, was older, so we just made out in his house or my room.

However, when I went to college we would go neck (or whatever) down in the park just SE of the Dorms in Norman.

And now... there is this oil field road next to Cimarron (sp) Pottery or whatever it is called now.
    Keep up the good work......We need to know of other places in case of emergencies....Correct PaPa? ECO?...

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    Keep up the good work......We need to know of other places in case of emergencies....Correct PaPa? ECO?...
    I guess..........
    Never had that problem...........
    Saving myself for the woman I would marry........

Not sure who that would be.............
    I sampled often.............

Been married twice and haven't found the right one yet.

Being from Capitol Hill and a true Redskin my standards are really high.

> Being from Capitol Hill and a true Redskin my standards are really high.

Let's see, that'd be ....

a. pulse
    b. audible breath sounds
    c. aw, who we kiddin' the above works

8^)

> Being from Capitol Hill and a true Redskin my standards are really high.

Let's see, that'd be ....

a. pulse
    b. audible breath sounds
    c. aw, who we kiddin' the above works

8^)
    Ha!Ha! Keep it up and I'll tell about your surgery.......KELVINA!!!!

That's MS KELVINA to you

8^)

That's MS KELVINA to you

8^)
    One thing that seperates is the fact that our dates were above ground!!

I swear, some people are waaayyyyy too proud of their shovel ownership.

I swear, some people are waaayyyyy too proud of their shovel ownership.
    Oh........but if my true identity were know.........but I can let them gain even just a clue.........

I see this thread and I keep remembering 104th and Western just to the west of Western on 104th....can't do that anymore, traffic is too fast......man, my favorite story in life is when my girlfriend (my wife of 43 years now) and I decided to go and park...I had a '63 Impala two-door hard-top. We rolled the windows down, slid the front seat back....(beautiful night) listening to KOMA 1520 on the AM dial.....Just about the time I started to kiss her a cow stuck it's head inside the car and began to bellow out very loud. Scared ME so bad I threw the car in gear and spun the tires and just about ripped that poor old cow's head off. Decided to park at the house.....Those were the days. To park in the desolete country now you would have to go to Purcell....

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Lake Holdercloser has been my cruising lake for over 35 years. When ever it
    rains you can bet that the dog and I are going to be cruising and listening
    to jazz, drinking coffee and snacking on milk bones. Yes, I eat milk bones.
    I'm a bassist.

As far as "the dip" is concerned, it was done away with several years ago.
    And as far as you never checking in... yeah, right! I'll bet you never
    checked out the lake just north of the Route 66 bridge.

Give us a break!
    "5 Mile" or County Line Road north of 39th Street at the burned out bridge was the party place. I grew up riding motorcycles on the north side of the river where 50th turns into a dirt road so I knew many of the places to pull off the road behind trees to where you couldn't be seen from the road. Saw the ranger searchlight flash by many times but they never stopped. It is now closed off and is the Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge.

This may have been previously discussed, if so,sorry. Does anyone remember the "Arena" and where it was located?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    "5 Mile" or County Line Road north of 39th Street at the burned out bridge was the party place. I grew up riding motorcycles on the north side of the river where 50th turns into a dirt road so I knew many of the places to pull off the road behind trees to where you couldn't be seen from the road. Saw the ranger searchlight flash by many times but they never stopped. It is now closed off and is the Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge.
    Loved that place. One of the reasons they made it a wildlife refuge was because the roads always got in bad shape and they decided just stop traffic. I don't think you can get there in a vehicle going north from 39th. That backwater was some good fishing as well.

I think the area at the end of 5 Mile now has the turnpike going through it.

Man, I forgot about this thread.....ECO started a revolution when she started this thread....It was quite the topic at the next meeting after this one hit the board. any of you "Newbies" read this thread yet????

Oh, I forgot about this thread. It faded out while we were on vacation. Sigh... Good times.

Oh, I forgot about this thread. It faded out while we were on vacation. Sigh... Good times.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Easy girl, memories can come back.......(I hope)..........

Thread Information