Widgets Magazine

Thread: Looking for photos of old restaurants and stores

1. Default Looking for photos of old restaurants and stores

As part of our expansion of Welcome to OKCHistory.com we're trying to compile a history of restaurants and stores no longer with us. If you have photos you're willing to share, email me at steve@okchistory.com.

Default Re: Looking for photos of old restaurants and stores

Is this going to be for a book that will be coming out soon?

3. Default Re: Looking for photos of old restaurants and stores

No. Actually we were just going to post them online at Welcome to OKCHistory.com.
    I guess I could always go back and ask folks if they'd be interested in letting be used in a book. But our book project list is pretty much full for the next few years (though things can always change).
    The Skirvin book is set to come out later this year.
    -Steve

Steve, I have Numerous Pictures and Memorabilia for TG&Y and other retail outlets...But, I'm dumber than a rock about sending things on the internet. I'm actually going to go to a computer school this week in Dallas...I'lll make sure that they teach me how to do this or, PM me and I'll make you copies of this stuff and mail it to you.

An old restaurant that was an icon for OKC has been mentioned a few times in various threads....it was Pulliams Bar-B-Que Place on 8th and Lottie....I'm alking about the building behind the house that all you could buy was ribs or Brisket with Bread...You stood up around the wall to eat, there was a limited selection of soft drinks available and I (as a young kid) remember watching Mr. Pulliam put the meat or carcass in an old free-standing bathtub to marinate in his "Special" sauce before he cooked the meat...My dad would always take his deer meat over there and have it cooked and would ALWAYS let me go. Not too many years ago Mr. Pulliam's daughter attempted to open a Bar-B-Que Joint using the original recipe. But, the ambiance just wasn't there. She does however have the original Sauce recipe....Nobody or business will ever match that sauce...

Thread Information