Prunepicker Guest

Default Baseball!

Is there a greater sport?

NO!

Dodger Baseball!

2. Default Re: Baseball!

I can't think of a better sport.

Why?

A team can be down 20+ runs in the bottom of the ninth with two outs, but until that third out, there is still a chance.

And extra innings... play until someone wins.

Tigers!!

Default Re: Baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by so1rfan View Post
    Unless its the 11th inning of an All-Star game.

That was really bad that they called that game a few years ago. That rule is one of my favorite things about the sport. My other favorite thing, Thirsty Thursdays.

I'm merely a casual fan. I really don't follow one team. I have typically watched STL, and the Cubs, I pay attention to the Braves too. Thats really only because of WGN, and TBS showing games as a kid.

I need to find a team to attatch to, preferably an NL team. Any suggestions?

Prunepicker Guest

Baseball Rocks!

Nothing has the excitement of Baseball!

You're tellin me!

That's excitement!

The Boston Red Sox are my team, I also follow the Cubs and Rangers. In most of our "big" vacations a baseball game (or some other sporting event like the F1 race at Indy a couple of years ago) is on the agenda. On our honeymoon six years ago (a driving one to Chicago) we went to a Royals-Indians game in KC, Cards-Giants game at the old Busch, and a Cubs-Cards game on July 4th at Wrigley. Last year we went to a Red Sox-Astros game in Houston and a Mets-Astros game at Shea. Going to try and get back up to Boston for a Sox-Yankees game this year. I also have MLB Extra Innings so I can watch the Red Sox and other games

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    The Boston Red Sox are my team..
    I'm a die-hard Dodger fan, and have been since '55. The Bosox have been
    my American league team since Yaz.

Yeah, Williams was playing in the 50's, but since he wasn't on my team I
    didn't pay much attention to him. Too sad...

I'm ready for baseball to. Can't wait. My NL team is the Cards and my AL team is the White sox (go south siders). Being fans of those two teams mean I HATE THE CUBS!

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by so1rfan View Post
    I can't think of a better sport.

Why?

A team can be down 20+ runs in the bottom of the ninth with two outs,
    but until that third out, there is still a chance.

Tigers!!
    You are so right. About 10 years ago Prunette and I were in Arlington.
    The White Sox were pounding the Rangers like a drum. We were in the
    cheap seats in right field behind the bull pin. At any rate, we decided to
    leave. The score was 13 to 2, White Sox. As we were walking toward the
    exit we kept hearing the crowd roaring louder and louder. By the time we
    made to home the Rangers had scored 8 runs! We found some seat on the
    3rd base side and waited. The excitement was like a million volts of
    electricity running through us. About 30 or 40 minutes later the game
    ended. The Rangers lost 13-12. But it was sooooooooo exciting!

Baseball Rocks!

10. Default Re: Baseball!

[/QUOTE]I need to find a team to attatch to, preferably an NL team. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

The Pirates are always taking new fans, there are a few qualifications though

1. You must be very loyal... If your not it just won't work out.
    2. Your gonna have to get used to losing. ( it just makes it that much greater when u actually win. )
    3. If you have a favorite player he will probably get traded so never get too attached to any one player.

If you can handle those then welcome to the bandwagon!!

Prunepicker Guest

L'il Wayne,

4. You're nutz!

12. Default Re: Baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    The Boston Red Sox are my team, I also follow the Cubs and Rangers. In most of our "big" vacations a baseball game (or some other sporting event like the F1 race at Indy a couple of years ago) is on the agenda. On our honeymoon six years ago (a driving one to Chicago) we went to a Royals-Indians game in KC, Cards-Giants game at the old Busch, and a Cubs-Cards game on July 4th at Wrigley. Last year we went to a Red Sox-Astros game in Houston and a Mets-Astros game at Shea. Going to try and get back up to Boston for a Sox-Yankees game this year. I also have MLB Extra Innings so I can watch the Red Sox and other games
    Sox fan here as well. Saw a couple of games at Fenway a couple of years ago. Simply amazing. Can't wait to get back.

And Opening Day should be a national holiday.....

13. Default Re: Baseball!

I'll be the first to admit that unless you have some kind of attachment to a team (love em, hate em, favorite player, you know the bat boy etc) baseball on television can be boring (just like any sport).

But there is nothing like going to a game and watching it in person. There is always that game within the game, the chess battle between pitcher and batter. The moves and percentage plays that the manager makes. The sound of a ball when it snaps into the catchers mitt to end an inning, or the crack of the bat when you instantly know that ball is gone.

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again. Ohhhhhhhh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come."

YouTube - Field Of dreams "James Earl Jones"

I love baseball but as a life long Reds fan (you can probably tell my age just from that fact) I have not had much to cheer for in the past 20 years. I still love to go to a game get a beer and just chill. I have been to games in Pittsburgh (the old 3 Rivers to see the big red machine in the late 70's) New York (the old Shea) Arlington (old and new, saw Bo Jackson hit a homer off of Nolan Ryan and if I had not had that 4th beer I could have caught that ball) Minneapolis (Kirby Puckett may he rest in peace) San Diego and St Louis (the old Busch several times. By far the best baseball fans around) I found that the best way to really enjoy baseball is to take each at bat as a mini game in itself.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    ... saw Bo Jackson hit a homer off of Nolan Ryan...
    I saw Nolan Ryan strike out the first 8 Milwaukee batters. He was hot!
    Then Ron Deer hit a double of him and Ryan suddenly turned cold. They
    pounded him like a drum. What a sad night!

Lord Helmet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Baseball Rocks!

Nothing has the excitement of Baseball!
    excitement and baseball are mutually exclusive. snore.

17. Default Re: Baseball!

basketball > baseball though

just my opinion

MadMonk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    excitement and baseball are mutually exclusive. snore.
    Ever played? Just curious.

The Milwaukee Brewers are always taking new fans, there are a few qualifications though

1. You must like beer! It makes losing easier to handle.
    2. Nobody shows their games around here, so don't expect to actually see them play.
    3. Be prepared to be hassled by Cubs fans. Anyone can be a Cubs fan, it takes a special kinda person to root for Milwaukee.
    4. Be understanding. A lot of people don't even know Milwaukee has a baseball team.
    5. Must like beer.
    6. Don't expect to see them play in the World Series.
    7. Even though you won't recognize any names on the team, that's okay, you can still root for them.
    8. On the odd chance one of their games is shown on TV, you must grill some brats and consume massive quanities of beer. (see rule #1)
    9. You must hate Bud Selig, he is the anti-christ.
    10. Don't expect to see another Milwaukee fan in the state. I think there's only 3 of us.

If you can deal with this, welcome to "The Brew Crew"

Quote Originally Posted by LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08 View Post

just my opinion
    Officiating ruins basketball for me, I just can't stand the inconsistency at all levels. I use teams that I have no rooting interest as the judge, it still sucks. I grew up going to Abe Lemmon era OCU games and Waymon Tisdale and I were freshman at OU at the same year so I loved Billy Ball and the up/down game. It is football on hardwood anymore and the refs can't decide if they are going to let you beat the crap out of each other and not call it or call it if you breathe on someone. It just takes the fun out of watching for me.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08 View Post

just my opinion
    You misspelled it. It's basketdull!

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Ever played? Just curious.
    I have, and for years. Couldn't make it to the Majors. I'd even played for
    the Yankees. Well, maybe not.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker34 View Post
    The Milwaukee Brewers are always taking new fans, there are a few qualifications though...
    The Dodgers Rock!

24. Default Re: Baseball!

The Milwaukee Brewers are always taking new fans, there are a few qualifications though

1. You must like beer! It makes losing easier to handle.
    2. Nobody shows their games around here, so don't expect to actually see them play.
    3. Be prepared to be hassled by Cubs fans. Anyone can be a Cubs fan, it takes a special kinda person to root for Milwaukee.
    4. Be understanding. A lot of people don't even know Milwaukee has a baseball team.
    5. Must like beer.
    6. Don't expect to see them play in the World Series.
    7. Even though you won't recognize any names on the team, that's okay, you can still root for them.
    8. On the odd chance one of their games is shown on TV, you must grill some brats and consume massive quanities of beer. (see rule #1)
    9. You must hate Bud Selig, he is the anti-christ.
    10. Don't expect to see another Milwaukee fan in the state. I think there's only 3 of us.

If you can deal with this, welcome to "The Brew Crew"

Wow way to completely copy off of me

you my friend are whats known as a biter in which u have all the qualifications

1. no originality
    2. likes to copy

welcome to the biter club

Don't expect to see another Milwaukee fan in the state. I think there's only 3 of us.
    I was in the market for a new ballcap last year, and eventually settled on a Brewers cap--one of the main reasons being that I knew I would probably never ever see anyone else wearing a Brewers cap around town.

(And so far, I've been right.)

Thread Information