Widgets Magazine

Thread: KRMG starts simulcasting on FM

Default KRMG starts simulcasting on FM

Yesterday, KRMG started simulcasting on 102.3fm in the Tulsa area.

This is a trend of some station owners (Bonneville & Cox) to add an FM simulcast to their heritage news/talk stations, presumably because many people don't bother listening ot AM radio at all anymore.

The coverage of (soon to be) KRMG-FM is fairly decent in areas where KRMG-AM isn't the greatest (north of tulsa).

Here is their coverage area:
    http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat...atus=L&hours=U

Default Re: KRMG starts simulcasting on FM

I wish that KTOK would start simulcast their programing on FM, I think it will do good in OKC, maybe when the new 99.7 move-in comes on the air, Clear Channel will buy it and put the simulcast of KTOK on it.

I doubt it chances our it is another religious station coming to OKC.

I wish Tyler media would buy 99.7 and move Jack FM on there. It would be a lot better signal strength.

actually soonerman, i think that would great idea for them, but if they do that, what you think would take over the 97.3 frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by theparkman81 View Post
    actually soonerman, i think that would great idea for them, but if they do that, what you think would take over the 97.3 frequency.
    Maybe the Classic hits station out of Chickasha could buy the frequency and move from 105.5 to 97.3 and extend thier signal a little bit. After all 100.9 Bob FM out of Wichita Falls which is like Jack FM has a translator on 105.5 in Lawton. Other than that maybe 97.3 could simulcast with 103.7.

That would be great if KOOL 105 moves to 97.3, maybe some competition with KOMA, but I don't know if they would beat KOMA in the ratings. but that's just my guess.

Well I would think if they move Kool to 97.3 and thier transmitter to Chickasha maybe Kool could pump out maybe 50,000 watts. I don't think it would interfere with 96.9 with Kool being in Chickasha. I'm also wondering does KOMA play 80's tunes?

Sorry to hijack the thread.

KOMA doesn't play 80's tunes, they are more of the 60's and 70's.

10. Default Re: KRMG starts simulcasting on FM

I think it would be cool to have an FM talk station here in Oklahoma City. Maybe not a simulcast of another station, but a whole new local talk show station. WKY was actually doing pretty well when they pulled the plug, but with FM the sound would be clearer. I love the syndicated shows, but love local talk the best.

[QUOTE=SoonerQueen;210295]I think it would be cool to have an FM talk station here in Oklahoma City. Maybe not a simulcast of another station, but a whole new local talk show station. WKY was actually doing pretty well when they pulled the plug, but with FM the sound would be clearer. I love the syndicated shows, but love local talk the best.

I agreed, Oklahoma City needs a talk station on the FM, something new, yeah I think it should be a mix of local and syndicated, but mainly local talk, the day that WKY switch formats, I just shook my head, I just didn't understand why they did that, because I thought they were doing pretty good.

Thread Information