Widgets Magazine

Thread: WTF is up with Tulsa's meth lab problem?

Default WTF is up with Tulsa's meth lab problem?

DEA, National Clandestine Laboratory Register

The link provided is the site of the U.S. Department of Justice and it lists, in alphabetical order of Oklahoma counties, the addresses at which meth labs have been discovered by law enforcement agencies. If you examine the site, note that Tulsa houses a majority of the state's detected meth labs. Additionally, you may notice how most of the counties listed are located on the eastern-half of the state, near Tulsa.

I know Oklahoma has an alarming meth problem, as acknowledged by Oklahoma's campaign against meth, Crystal Darkness. However, I did not realize how geographically-concentrated the problem seems to be. I'm not an expert in statistical analysis and I'm not aware of any discrepancies that may alter the aforementioned data, but it really seems Tulsa is a hotbed for meth production.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Default Re: WTF is up with Tulsa's meth lab problem?

it's no secret that tulsa is the crime capitol of oklahoma.

That list shows meth labs that have been discovered. Could it be that OKC has just as many labs, but we're just not finding them as well as Tulsa is doing?

4. Default Re: WTF is up with Tulsa's meth lab problem?

Wow, that's impressive. Finally something Tulsa is beating OKC at.

Quote Originally Posted by TaoMaas View Post
    That list shows meth labs that have been discovered. Could it be that OKC has just as many labs, but we're just not finding them as well as Tulsa is doing?
    I initially considered that as a variable, but I don't understand how to reconcile such a vast difference in numbers between the eastern and western halves of the state. The majority of discovered meth labs are located in the eastern half of Oklahoma and that number seems to increase the closer one gets to Tulsa.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

There was a story in the Tulsa World about this and apparently there is a loophole in the laws regarding the sale of cold meds in Missouri. Tulsa is a lot closer to Missouri so until Missouri fixes the laws on cold meds Tulsa is seeing a resurgence of Meth labs.

It's a proximity issue.

well what else is there to do in tulsa, people get bored, some people take up bingo to pass the time other do meth labs, problem solved, now lets fix it.

Nice.

It's no mystery why you get so few posts from people from Tulsa.

9. Default Re: WTF is up with Tulsa's meth lab problem?

Probably something to do with the name of the site being "OKC" talk.

But what do I know.

Thread Information