Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lowe's purchases more land in Edmond

Default Lowe's purchases more land in Edmond

According to google maps the store will be located North of 33rd on Kelly near Petra.

Lowe’s Home Centers Inc., doing business as Lowe’s Home Center, from Jemsite Development LLC, 2401 N Kelly Ave., Edmond, $16.245 million.

Default Re: Lowe's purchases more land in Edmond

Holy crap...thats odd - very close to their existing store, but also close to Home Depot. Seems an odd location, as that area is more industrial that commercial.

The article says "N" Kelly. Petra is located at 2101 "S" Kelly. This would be the existing Lowe's on N Kelly.

4. Default Re: Lowe's purchases more land in Edmond

Would that be the third Lowe's in Edmond?

Quote Originally Posted by so1rfan View Post
    Would that be the third Lowe's in Edmond?
    yes

The just opened the other one - back in the fall I think. Really seems odd they would open one this soon - unless Lowe's owns something else they would put there?

7. Default Re: Lowe's purchases more land in Edmond

To build one there would be solely to pull customers away from the Home Depot on Broadway. This also puts a Lowe's in between the Edmond HD and the Quail Springs HD.

Lowe's buys land all the time, sometimes they build, sometimes they sell it. I know they had plans for one in Sand Springs (as did HD) but those plans are on hold.

It would be interesting but it is still a head scratcher.

It makes sense because once the Broadway/Memorial interchange is complete, a lot of traffic heading 'home' to Edmond will be going north on Kelly.

I do not think they have purchased the land yet, but Lowes is actively looking at land in Norman around the Hwy 9 / US-77 interchange.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It makes sense because once the Broadway/Memorial interchange is complete, a lot of traffic heading 'home' to Edmond will be going north on Kelly.
    I'd almost think that the broadway interchange completion would mean more poeple back on broadway - 3 lane all the way...seems really odd in this climate and since their other store isn't even really a known commodity yet - the times I've been there, its been fairly empty.

I suppose if they build it and it fails, they can just get a bailout...

Not a new Lowe's. This is the existing one on Kelly that was just built. The store was likely built by the developer and now Lowe's just bought the property after the store was built.

You have to be ****ting me. Edmond does NOT need two Lowe's stores, let alone THREE.

Edit: I just checked, and this is indeed the one at Covell/Kelly. For some reason, Google Maps (and other map apps possibly?) shows 2401 S Kelly, even if you enter 2401 N Kelly.

Thread Information