Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campus Corner...Why or why not visit?

Default Re: Campus Corner...Why or why not visit?

I would probably go there more. I heard the Greek Restaurant is going to go out of business soon. The owners are wanting to go back to Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    I would probably go there more. I heard the Greek Restaurant is going to go out of business soon. The owners are wanting to go back to Greece.
    Greek House? The article in the student newspaper said that the owners are looking for someone to buy the place....and they will teach the buyers how to make everything and operate the restaurant. So it's not really closing down or anything, just change of ownership

nguy0231 Guest

tea cafe is now at the old new place...and i think the passionberri may be in the works somewhere down in campus corner..i just like to see alot of these dessert places like the bubble tea and fresh yogurt places..i would like to see more ultra lounges down in campus corner to have a place to go to instead of going to bricktown like skky or something

4. Default Re: Campus Corner...Why or why not visit?

goodeggdiningWho wants to see an @ironstarrbbq in Norman?
    about 3 hours ago from web
    From the Good Egg Group on Twitter. Slam dunk if this happens! Get an Iron Starr to Norman and a Blu to OKC and my life is complete.

the old Harold's space facing Boyd seems like it would be perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by john60 View Post
    the old Harold's space facing Boyd seems like it would be perfect...
    I agree, great space and can be made bigger if you can get the adjacent space to the north with access to the parking lot. An Iron Starr/Cheever's type place would be a big hit at this location.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    From the Good Egg Group on Twitter. Slam dunk if this happens! Get an Iron Starr to Norman and a Blu to OKC and my life is complete.
    It appears Mallen was right, Iron Star on campus corner. Other end of the building from In The Raw. Man I hope this happens, I will be very happy.

Also, supposedly a Chipolte is going into the bottom of the Boomer Theater.

Quote Originally Posted by FlounderinDC View Post
    It appears Mallen was right, Iron Star on campus corner. Other end of the building from In The Raw. Man I hope this happens, I will be very happy.

Also, supposedly a Chipolte is going into the bottom of the Boomer Theater.
    Wow, interesting. That will be two similar burrito places on the same street but both can do well in Campus Corner.

Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions. We have started work on our second Iron Starr location, which will be in the former Harold's Outlet space...very exciting. We are pushing to get open by September 1st, so cross your fingers.

Very cool indeed Tuck! Are you guys keeping dark wood thats in the store?

Very cool. With two successful restaurants maybe this is the start of a revitalized University Blvd. Now the parking lots north of Boyd House just need to be developed to really get things going.

Tuck, I was having a bad day until I heard this! Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ouguy23 View Post
    Very cool indeed Tuck! Are you guys keeping dark wood thats in the store?
    The wood in the store now is actually a very blonde color. We are going with dark floors and a bit lighter color for the tables. We are very happy with the design and space.

14. Default Re: Campus Corner...Why or why not visit?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions. We have started work on our second Iron Starr location, which will be in the former Harold's Outlet space...very exciting. We are pushing to get open by September 1st, so cross your fingers.
    Holy crap, for real?! That's amazing! I'll be keeping an eye out!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    The wood in the store now is actually a very blonde color. We are going with dark floors and a bit lighter color for the tables. We are very happy with the design and space.
    Please consider some outdoor seating on the sidewalk in front of the building. If you end up using the existing doors that leaves a lot of space for several tables and chairs w/ umbrellas. Louie's just recently added outdoor seating and it has been a big hit (when the weather is nice of course).

So glad to see two popular restaurants on University and hoping it spurs additional development. I worked on a master plan for this corridor several years ago now and it would be great to see more happen in this area, the northern 'gateway' to OU: http://www.okctalk.com/norman/14169-...us-corner.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Some things I would like to see happen in Campus Corner eventually:

1. Small hotel, possibly run by OU, located on University.
    2. Parking garage built where there is surface parking on University with retail space, maybe a bookstore like Border's or Barnes & Noble as an anchor.
    3. Better landscaping and more trees planted along Asp and University, and improve the sidewalks with street parking north of White.
    4. Develop the surface lot by Freebirds and La Luna.
    5. Develop more student apartments along Asp and University above retail/restaurant space.
    6. Renovate the Boomer Theatre back into a theatre/live music venue (it is currently offices)
    Much of that sounds like the strip at OSU.

Thread Information