Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 131415161718

Thread: Old car or trucks you have...show`em or tell`em!

Default Re: Old car or trucks you have...show`em or tell`em!

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    That is it. I love the flat roof and wrap around windows.

While I was growing up, my dad's hobby was restoring old cars & building street rods (street, not hot). Everytime he'd buy a new project car, we'd always end up with 1 or 2 extra for parts. My favorites were a 1953 Chevy, 2 door sedan...fully restored, powder blue & white. Was so pretty. The fun car that we took to all the car shows was a 1939 Chevy, pink with the pink panther on the back. My first car was a 1965 Mustang that my dad & I restored...I loved that car, but alas, it wasn't a good choice to get me to & from college.

I realize this isn't a forum to post for sale items but I'll just direct you to PM me if you're by chance interested in a 1935 Oldsmobile, 4 door (all suicide), all original complete with fender skirts, purchased by us from the original owner. This vehicle hasn't been restored yet, but it's in great condition and has always been stored indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    I knew a woman in Norman who owned one...Hattie Mayfield...husband was a dentist there...she drove it around for years and always had a cigarette holder since she smoked a lot...hair a bun in the back--quite elegant lady though...
    Is this the same Hattie that never missed OU games?

Quote Originally Posted by grantgeneral78 View Post
    Is this the same Hattie that never missed OU games?
    Yes! Her husband was a dentist...and she had two sons--one was a dentist also, another was a Medical Dr., both in Norman, she lived on Boyd Street...

Yes! Her husband was a dentist...and she had two sons--one was a dentist also, another was a Medical Dr., both in Norman, she lived on Boyd Street...
    I love that little old lady she has the best storys to tell, is she still around?

Quote Originally Posted by grantgeneral78 View Post
    I love that little old lady she has the best storys to tell, is she still around?
    Not sure how old you are...but she was in her late 60's in the mid-60's...I knew her a bit from acquaintances back then...I am sure she traveled to the Great Beyond many years ago...

Not sure how old you are...but she was in her late 60's in the mid-60's...I knew her a bit from acquaintances back then...I am sure she traveled to the Great Beyond many years ago...
    She really did have some good stories. As recently as during the Stoops era there was a Miss Hattie who was well into her 90's who was a regular caller on Bob, Jr's Morning Sports Animal show and once you pass a certain age, as many of us have, 10 years ain't a real long time.

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman View Post
    She really did have some good stories. As recently as during the Stoops era there was a Miss Hattie who was well into her 90's who was a regular caller on Bob, Jr's Morning Sports Animal show and once you pass a certain age, as many of us have, 10 years ain't a real long time.
    Damn--that sure sounds like her!! She was a very feisty Southern Gal and I am happy to hear she lived a long life...she was one of a kind!

Damn--that sure sounds like her!! She was a very feisty Southern Gal and I am happy to hear she lived a long life...she was one of a kind!
    BBJ used to always ask her how she was doing to start the conversation and she always came back with I'm fine, Bobby....and then launch into a rant against Smellyburger or Blake and later praise for Stoops. Never really criticized the players, though, they were just young men trying their best.

BBJ used to always ask her how she was doing to start the conversation and she always came back with I'm fine, Bobby....and then launch into a rant against Smellyburger or Blake and later praise for Stoops. Never really criticized the players, though, they were just young men trying their best.
    She was a true lady...liked young boys and always had a variety of soft drinks in her Arkla-Servel Gas Refrigerator in her very interesting and elegant home...she made everyone feel special...and drove that flat-top '59 Cadillac Sedan de Ville when I was around her...nice home in the 600 block of East Boyd in Norman...

Yeah that is her...she is awesome!

Thread Information