Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Capitol hill high school:..not forgotten

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: Capitol hill high school... not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by papaOU View Post
    Then I think I met him back in the 60's. How many are there of him?
    About 30 or 40. It's very electrical and dangerous.

Default Re: Capitol hill high school:..not forgotten

Postcard on Ebay: 1 Post Card Capitol Hill High School Oklahoma City 1961

Current price $13.00

Default Re: Capitol hill high school... not forgotten

On Ebay.................

1 Post Card Capitol Hill High School Oklahoma City 1961
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!B(pZjug!mk~$(KGrHgoH-E!EjlLlyV66BKdbw3Nw4Q~~_35.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	333  

1 Post Card Capitol Hill High School Oklahoma City 1961
    Sale price: $20.55

U.S. Grant Versus Capitol Hill High School:....FOOTBALL Sept. 12th, 2009
    Support your Team....be there Southsiders....

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    Keep an eye on the date. One schedule reads 9/11 CHHS site reads 9/12....

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    Hey! You listed the 12th as game day as well.

October 23.................

Capitol Hill High School football homecoming.......

The school and cheer squad has asked for alumni to attend...

Special recogniton will be made............

Come on now...............

Quit complaining that "things are just not the same"...........

Do something about it..............

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey, I'll try to go....I used to date a girl from Capitol Hill in the olden daze...

Was in line at Sonic today when I noticed that the car in front of me had a Douglas High School license plate. Not that there is anything wrong with it just didn't know it was an option now.

No '64! You don't HAVE to buy a Douglas license! If Grant is available you can purchase one of those.

I just may go myself. I'll put it on my calendar so I won't forget. Graduated in 1970. I haven't been to a Capitol Hill football game probably since 1969. I know I didn't go in 1970, because I usually worked Friday nights and after graduating I went to college, then after college I went into the Marines and left OKC until 1990. I've been to many Edmond Santa Fe games, my daughter was a cheer leader there. Now she's a competition cheer leader at Okla City U.

Quote Originally Posted by TOWNHERO View Post
    I just may go myself. I'll put it on my calendar so I won't forget. Graduated in 1970. I haven't been to a Capitol Hill football game probably since 1969. I know I didn't go in 1970, because I usually worked Friday nights and after graduating I went to college, then after college I went into the Marines and left OKC until 1990. I've been to many Edmond Santa Fe games, my daughter was a cheer leader there. Now she's a competition cheer leader at Okla City U.
    If Mount St Mary's doesn't have a home game I will try to go.........Been in the stadium once, in 2006 when MSM played a football game there. Was the first time since 1973

Went and watched SE smash CHHS.

Happy to report that SE had a band though small.

No uniforms other than blue and whit wind pants and white t shirts.

No pep club......

Hi all!!!

The class of 1974 is having a Class Reunion this Saturday at the Park in Newcastle , OK . At 5:00. It is a bring your own picnic type deal and they have invited any CHHS Alumni that want to attend. It is $10.00 for the alumni only. I am planning on being there, cause my brother Larry wants me to be there!!!!! It should be fun……………………..I had a great time at their last one. If you have any questions, email me or ( Mary, you should call Larry at 405-387-5082 cause they are also getting together on Friday night at the CHHS Cafeteria, just for the Class of 74.

Hope to see you all there!!!!

OK, we have the Capitol Hill Rockin' Reunion web site started.

You can go to Capitol Hill Main Street's All School Rockin Reunion and get an idea of what we have planned. You might want to bookmark it and then check back once in a while to see what new things have been added.

Quote Originally Posted by jmw45 View Post
    OK, we have the Capitol Hill Rockin' Reunion web site started.

You can go to Capitol Hill Main Street's All School Rockin Reunion and get an idea of what we have planned. You might want to bookmark it and then check back once in a while to see what new things have been added.
    I get it now ...JMW is Jaime, Mark and Weisman. Why not JGW, Mark? Anyway, glad ya'll's efforts are coming to fruition. I'll see ya there if not before at Classen Grill. A funny place to plan Capitol Hill events.

Edit. Wait I just noticed how long it is before the event. Hell, I could be dead by that time. Hopefully not, however.

Nice try, but that is not what JMW stands for. Those are my initials and I am the one representing the Southern Legends Hall Of Fame and I am doing the Guitar Art Contest. My wife, Arleen, was supposed to be helping on this event but she died unexpectedly last April when we were first planning this event. She was a Capitol Hill grad and so I am doing this for her.

OMG, I am so sorry for your reason for doing this. Just horrible. Many will be grateful, however. I knew Lammy, Reggie and Mark were working toward something like this since last fall. The closeness on the initials kinda threw me a curve I guess. Thank you for what you are doing.

That's quite alright. I thought your "detective" work was very creative and it made sense.

20. Default Re: Capitol hill high school:..not forgotten

Hey guys. Just wanna know what a pep club is? Because it if it's something that may interest us kids now. I might just take it back to Southeast to form one. What I think you're saying is a Spirit Club, which a group of Seniors are currently trying to form, including me.

Our Homecoming, Southeast, is tonight. Come support us. Speagle Stadium against Guymon Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post
    Hey guys. Just wanna know what a pep club is? Because it if it's something that may interest us kids now. I might just take it back to Southeast to form one. What I think you're saying is a Spirit Club, which a group of Seniors are currently trying to form, including me.

Our Homecoming, Southeast, is tonight. Come support us. Speagle Stadium against Guymon Tigers.
    What...is....a....pep club? Seriously. Has it come to that? Are there ANY extracurricular activities other than sports these days?

Quote Originally Posted by USG '60 View Post
    What...is....a....pep club? Seriously. Has it come to that? Are there ANY extracurricular activities other than sports these days?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UNREAL:>>>>>But, I can't say anything because I can't run a computer like today's kids can. I hope Southeast beats Guymon tonight...A Pep Club was about 90% of ALL the girls belonged to the Pep Club. We had Cheerleaders (so did Southeast) and then the Pep Club was all dressed the same. they all sat together at the games, they rallied the troops. Soonergirl26 was a Cheerleader in 1968. Get hold of her and get her to help you guys establish a Pep Club. She can do it....Trust me. My wife was a cheerleader at Grant...We had a huge Pep Club...Look in your old yearbooks at school and look up the Pep Club...in the 60's and early 70's.....Good luck tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post

Spirit Club? No! I am talking about a "pep club" Girls that are in uniform, attend games and are led in cheers by Cheerleaders. Like cheerleaders, pep club members buy and maintain upkeep of their uniforms. My friend, the Striper just recently said she can remember on how proud she was to be a pep club member as she walk through Capitol Hill during I guess the homecoming parade. Those things cost a pretty penny then and I expect still.

One thing people may not have realized is that the pep club was not subsidized by the school. They paid their own way. Car Bashes (cash for clunkers! The government should have given the trade ins to schools and charity to raise some money) ribbon sales, all kinds of things to raise money. As I understand it that is still true with the CHHS cheerleaders.

Pep clubs were not co-ed. Is that why they are called spirit clubs now?

Tonight is the CHHS Home Coming game with Noble. 7:30

Home Coming Parade (Runs on 36th/Grand in front of the school I have been told). Time I was given was 12:30. I am going to call the school and see if that is the correct time.

Tonight is the CHHS Home Coming game with Noble. 7:30

Home Coming Parade (Runs on 36th/Grand in front of the school I have been told). Time I was given was 12:30. I am going to call the school and see if that is the correct time.
    Let me know how it turns out.

Thread Information