Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Capitol hill high school:..not forgotten

Default Re: Capitol hill high school:..not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by papaOU View Post
    You should hear what she says you "reminder" of.........
    ================================================== ===========
    Yeah, but she's stayed with me for 45 years........Something must have worked...

Anyone remember Mr. Pigg one of the drivers ed. teachers at CHHS? He passed away on Nov.3. Obit says he was at CHHS for 29 years.

Anyone remember Mr. Pigg one of the drivers ed. teachers at CHHS? He passed away on Nov.3. Obit says he was at CHHS for 29 years.
    Mr. Pigg was my drivers education teacher in the 60s ...when they still used the driving simulators. I really liked him, maybe because I got an A+ in the class. Sorry to hear of his passing.

I don't know who will get this but all of you are funny. I want to know if Bobs wife found a '60 Roosevelt yearbook. Wednesday, my sister (Fay) and I were at Roosevelt school in the library to see what they have. No one there knows if a '60 yearbook exists or not. The first yearbook they had was a '61 in the library. They didn't have but one scrapbook from the '59-'60 year and it only had 1 picture that had three students in it and it was from the Capitol Hill Beacon, January 22, 1961. They made me a copy of the page, but cut some of it off. Billy Jack King (John Adams) and Carolyn Price and another girl named Montgomerywere in the picture in front of the school. The same page had a article headlined "Frieda Mackey Heads Roosevelt's Y-Teens". The scrapbook was mostly business and plans and newspaper articles. We were so disappointed. First class in Roosevelt's history has nothing even in the library. I think we were the oldest two people that they had ever had as visitors. Really nice and accommodating to us. I do personally have a typed Music program with some of our names on it. I ought to send them a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Girl View Post
    I don't know who will get this but all of you are funny. I want to know if Bobs wife found a '60 Roosevelt yearbook. Wednesday, my sister (Fay) and I were at Roosevelt school in the library to see what they have. No one there knows if a '60 yearbook exists or not. The first yearbook they had was a '61 in the library. They didn't have but one scrapbook from the '59-'60 year and it only had 1 picture that had three students in it and it was from the Capitol Hill Beacon, January 22, 1961. They made me a copy of the page, but cut some of it off. Billy Jack King (John Adams) and Carolyn Price and another girl named Montgomerywere in the picture in front of the school. The same page had a article headlined "Frieda Mackey Heads Roosevelt's Y-Teens". The scrapbook was mostly business and plans and newspaper articles. We were so disappointed. First class in Roosevelt's history has nothing even in the library. I think we were the oldest two people that they had ever had as visitors. Really nice and accommodating to us. I do personally have a typed Music program with some of our names on it. I ought to send them a copy.
    ================================================== ===============
    THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THERESA MONTGOMERY AND SHE WAS TWO YEARS YOUNGER THAN WE ARE. If you found a '61 yearbook then that would have been the first year. Roosevelt opened in the Fall of 1960 and you and I graduated from there in 1961. My wife said the book was Blue...the next book was the one I showed you and then she went on to Grant. Freida Mackey (Stanley) and my wife are good friends...Carolyn Price went on to Grant also...I was in the band with her and I think she was our age......She's looking though for the other book....

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: Capitol hill high school... not forgotten

Hey Tall Girl,
    I'll bet you're really tall. In fact, I'll bet you're close to 5'9".

Hey Gen64,
    Shaddup!

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FRISKY View Post
    Mr. Pigg was my drivers education teacher in the 60s... when they still used
    the driving simulators. I really liked him, maybe because I got an A+ in the
    class. Sorry to hear of his passing.
    He made sure that we all knew that driving was not a right, it was a privilege.
    He made an impact on my thinking.

Coach Virgil Miliron was my driving instructor. Yeah, the rasslin' coach.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    Yeah, but she's stayed with me for 45 years... Something must have
    worked...
    Ain't it great! Prunette and I haven't been married quite that long but it sure
    feels like it... maybe longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    He made sure that we all knew that driving was not a right, it was a privilege.
    He made an impact on my thinking.

Coach Virgil Miliron was my driving instructor. Yeah, the rasslin' coach.
    I had a class at Rose State called "The Theory of Coaching." Coach Miliron was the instructor. He was also the rasslin' coach there. I think he went from MWC to Oscar Rose but not sure.

Anybody know what major college he was an assistant football coach at?

Was he one of the assistant football coaches at Grant? He was at MWC.

Yes, you are right about the year. We were there '60-'61. Now I think I am going to have to go back and look at that book again. Bring yours again next time. I thought the one I saw there was the same one you brought. Sorry, I am old and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Hey Tall Girl,
    I'll bet you're really tall. In fact, I'll bet you're close to 5'9".

Hey Gen64,
    Shaddup!

I am still 5'10" even after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    ================================================== ===============
    THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THERESA MONTGOMERY AND SHE WAS TWO YEARS YOUNGER THAN WE ARE. If you found a '61 yearbook then that would have been the first year. Roosevelt opened in the Fall of 1960 and you and I graduated from there in 1961. My wife said the book was Blue...the next book was the one I showed you and then she went on to Grant. Freida Mackey (Stanley) and my wife are good friends...Carolyn Price went on to Grant also...I was in the band with her and I think she was our age......She's looking though for the other book....
    I just figured out how to put my note in with the one I am answering. I answered yearbook note - it is at the bottom. I want to send you a picture. How do I do that? Trying to figure that out too.

I just figured out how to put my note in with the one I am answering. I answered yearbook note - it is at the bottom. I want to send you a picture. How do I do that? Trying to figure that out too.
    ================================================== =========='
    Lost me......I don't know how either....someone of you guys teach her this please....

Prunepicker Guest

I just figured out how to put my note in with the one I am answering. I
    answered yearbook note - it is at the bottom. I want to send you a picture.
    How do I do that? Trying to figure that out too.
    You have to upload photos.
    1. Go to your control panel located in Quick Links.
    2. On the left sidebar you'll see Networking and under that there's Pictures
    and Albums. Select it.
    3. You'll see Add Album. Select it and follow the instructions.

We touched on this subject concerning Halloween carnivals at grade-schools.

During this time of year I really miss the Christmas programs put on by the junior and senior high schools.

I was in vocal music and really enjoyed singing at Shepard Mall as well as the programs put on by the school for the students and an evening performance for parents and relatives.

My wife had this BRILLIANT Idea to Watch the Movie GREASE.....All I could think about was Capitol High High School.....Wasn't there an automotive shop there???? Or was there a shop to teach you guys how to steal cars????

We touched on this subject concerning Halloween carnivals at grade-schools.

During this time of year I really miss the Christmas programs put on by the junior and senior high schools.

I was in vocal music and really enjoyed singing at Shepard Mall as well as the programs put on by the school for the students and an evening performance for parents and relatives.
    Most schools still have them, only under different names:

Halloween Carnival is now Fall Festival
    Christmas Program is now Holiday Program

This is just a small part of what's wrong with our schools

They taught us both....had to repair the ones we stole from the Grant kids.

Quote Originally Posted by nmania View Post
    They taught us both....had to repair the ones we stole from the Grant kids.
    If we got hard-up enough to steal a grant-clunker

There is now a CHHS page on Facebook!!!!

I finally got a picture on my profile thanks to Prunepicker and kevinpate. Thanks guys.

Does anybody know how I can find Village Idiot? First I visited Grant, but almost fell asleep looking in there.

How do I find the CHHS page on facebook? Craig class of 82

Found out through a current teacher at CHHS, that when the approved MAPS money is released, CHHS will fill in the the swimming pool which is no longer being used. Anybody know when they stopped using the pool?

I thought that was an open septic tank.

Thread Information