Widgets Magazine

Thread: Famous Jo's or Famous Joe's, which is it?

1. Default Famous Jo's or Famous Joe's, which is it?

I always thought the pizza restaurant in Purcell was Famous Joe's. I love their taco pizza. I went by the new pizza place in Edmond and it's called Famous Jo's, but they say that it all started in Purcell. Are they the same restaurant?Did I misread the one in Purcell, is it famous Jo's too? I'm kinda confused. I know there has to be a story behind all this, can you tell me what it is?

Default Re: Famous Jo's or Famous Joe's, which is it?

3. Default Re: Famous Jo's or Famous Joe's, which is it?

We ate at the new Famous Jo's in Edmond tonight. The pizza was awesome. I had the taco pizza and my son had the beef pizza. The place was really neat inside, and they will be adding an ice cream bar and a few other new things. They also have salad, which they didn't have the last time I ate in Purcell. The only thing I noticed was that the girls weren't wearing skirts like they do in Purcell. The food was good, the people nice and we will go back again.

It's jo's famous pizza. i drive by it almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by soonerqueen View Post
    i always thought the pizza restaurant in purcell was famous joe's. I love their taco pizza. I went by the new pizza place in edmond and it's called famous jo's, but they say that it all started in purcell. Are they the same restaurant?did i misread the one in purcell, is it famous jo's too? I'm kinda confused. I know there has to be a story behind all this, can you tell me what it is?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    it is famous jo's:...........the lady that started it is named jo:....

Ate at the Edmond location on Saturday. It was pretty good, much better than your average pizza place. The place was about half full around 2pm on Saturday. They had PLENTY of staff on hand. We ordered the "Rollers" for the appetizer. They were pizza dough dipped in olive oil and they were rolled up with cheese, ham?, and herbs. They were pretty good, but a little messy because of all the olive oil. I thought they were a little pricey, but not bad. They were $5 for 7 pieces (small bites). We ordered a canadian bacon pizza. The topping portions were very generous, the canadian bacon was also finely chopped up (almost like bacon bits) and the entire pizza was evenly covered. Very man-size portions on the toppings! It was excellent. I'd definitely go back. The only down side I noticed was the 20-25 minute wait they tell you you'll have for your pizza.

Thread Information