Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What old business do you remember in OKC?

Default Re: What old business do you remember in OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by papaOU View Post
    ...Not a good deal if you don't know what to do with it....
    Kind'a like a wife..............[/QUOTE]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Ouch".....Today I am celebrating my 43rd Wedding Anniversary....Still don't know what to do though....But an exciting run through the years....This has been a great business partnership.....I think.....Profit margin is a little short but you gotta keep on trying....

Hey, is the old Eldorado motors wtill in business over by the feed mill???? 2020 S. Robinson....

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    Hey, is the old Eldorado motors wtill in business over by the feed mill???? 2020 S. Robinson....
    It was 2020 Used Cars when I was kid. But the lot is empty and for rent.

A guy that I went to school with bought a car from one of those lots down there. It was south of the feed mill. He got it home and then was going to show it off. Rear axle lost what fluid it had from the car lot to his house. They may have even put sawdust in there I don't remember. It did not work is the point.

Is Eldorado's still in business? They had a lot near s.w.29th and Kentucky. May drive by to see Friday.

Prunepicker Guest

Hey, is the old Eldorado motors still in business over by the feed mill?
    2020 S. Robinson...
    I think there's one on N. May near 36th.

Ok do you know who owned ElDorado motors.....I used to do there paint and body work.

Quote Originally Posted by grantgeneral78 View Post
    Ok do you know who owned ElDorado motors.....I used to do there paint and body work.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bob Moore was the money man I do know that....

Who WASN'T he the money man for may be an easier question.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Who WASN'T he the money man for may be an easier question.
    Lynn Hickey!!!!

Yup it was Bob Moores lot for selling the trade ins....you get pickers flys for the prize

Quote Originally Posted by grantgeneral78 View Post
    Yup it was Bob Moores lot for selling the trade ins....you get pickers flys for the prize
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bob Moore financed a large of the car lots in OKC,,,,,We had an outside promo at TG&Y and I called him to see if they would bring down some of the cadillacs...His response was if you're that Gutsy, come and get them yourswlf and I'll look the other way, They sold 9 cars during that sale..He was very happy first Cadillac I had driven...Real Nice...

Someone asked if there were any Dennis Donuts on the north side. I know there was one on NW 10th, somewhere near the fairgrounds because my family & I always made a point to stop there for donuts on our way home when we would visit OKC.

Some business that I didn't see mentioned:

Miss Harolds Shoes on NW 23rd street
    Sussy's
    Chicken 'n' the Rough
    Katheryn Lipe's Clothes
    Stoney Stoneman in the shoe department at Rothechilds. They had a flouroscope machine that 'x-rayed' your feet in your shoes to see if the shoes were getting too small!

Quote Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
    Someone asked if there were any Dennis Donuts on the north side. I know there was one on NW 10th, somewhere near the fairgrounds because my family & I always made a point to stop there for donuts on our way home when we would visit OKC.

Some business that I didn't see mentioned:

Miss Harolds Shoes on NW 23rd street
    Sussy's
    Chicken 'n' the Rough
    Katheryn Lipe's Clothes
    Stoney Stoneman in the shoe department at Rothechilds. They had a flouroscope machine that 'x-rayed' your feet in your shoes to see if the shoes were getting too small!
    Was the Dennis Donuts east of May.
    Beverley's has been mentioned several times and many locations.
    There was a Sussy's on N. Lincoln, N.E. 23rd East of the Sky-train drive-in, and S.W.24th and Robinson....

How about the Woolworth's and Kress stores on main street OKC. Anyone have any pictures of those stores? We see the Capitol Hill stores but there were stores downtown along with Duke & Ayers......know the name and the store mix but that's about it in OKC...remember the one in Ardmore and Wynnewood...but, that was a long time ago....

How about the Woolworth's and Kress stores on main street OKC. Anyone have any pictures of those stores? We see the Capitol Hill stores but there were stores downtown along with Duke & Ayers......know the name and the store mix but that's about it in OKC...remember the one in Ardmore and Wynnewood...but, that was a long time ago....
    Excuse me!! Commerce St. IS the main street of okc............

Oh! I'm sorry!! I forgot!!! Grant has never had a business district to compare with Capitol Hill and OKC

Now take your meds, find your stupid "security" cannon, curl up with and go nite-nite.

Hey '64.................

I have an item around here that you need to see........

I'll let you touch it, but can't have it........

unless I have two of them.

Hey '64.................

I have an item around here that you need to see........

I'll let you touch it, but can't have it........

unless I have two of them.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HMMMM...I have got you a present from the past for Saturday...A new tube of Brylcreem.....Gotta remember to put it in the old van.....

There is a write up in the newspaper about Cattlemen's Steak house . Some rate not so good some say excellent. I just wondered what our southsider group thought or remembered about eating there.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHSIDE GIRL View Post
    There is a write up in the newspaper about Cattlemen's Steak house . Some rate not so good some say excellent. I just wondered what our southsider group thought or remembered about eating there.
    That was our family treat after we went to the fair. I still like it but don't go very often.
    My first wife and I went there following a New Year's Eve celebration and were sitting in the north side of the place. A man sitting at the counter told the waitress he didn't feel well. Stood up and BAM! Had a heart attack and was dead before he hit the floor.

Yes I do love their salad dressing. Only place I ever found that came close was the "Coffee Shop" at Binion's in Las Vegas.

Even though they no longer have a T-bone I give Cattlemen's a thumbs up.

Talked to a meat salesman a while back and he said that the "public" wants the N.Y. Cut so few companies buy T-bones.

Ribeye is probably my favorite. I never cared for T-bones. Haven't been there in a couple of years.

Cattlemen's is My Favorite place to eat. The wife, she doesn't like it at all....But, when she was a little girl that was the only place he dad wanted to go to.......

Cattlemen's is My Favorite place to eat. The wife, she doesn't like it at all....But, when she was a little girl that was the only place he dad wanted to go to.......
    The problem with Cattlemen's was that Gene (think that was his first name) Wade died and his children took over. It was the same with Macklanburg-Duncan, The Fred Jones Family.......................
    The kids either run the business in the ground or sell. Either way it's the death of the business.

otasco, tg&ys, anthonys, krafts burgers, roy rogers restaurant, soundtrak music, levitz furniture, wilsons, the wonder bread factory in downtown, enterprise square usa in edmond, malibu grand prix, showbiz pizza, shotgun sams pizza, mr. gattis pizza, beachlers iga, shoe wearhouse in del city, taco tico, hardees, eckerd drugs, casa bonita, pratts foods superstore off I-240 and walker?

Anybody take notice of the death of George Farha last week? Am I that old? Used to be you couldn't go for more than a couple of days a week and not hear or see the name.

Did he not have a toy store or something of that nature northside?

never heard of Farha

The problem with Cattlemen's was that Gene (think that was his first name) Wade died and his children took over. It was the same with Macklanburg-Duncan, The Fred Jones Family.......................
    The kids either run the business in the ground or sell. Either way it's the death of the business.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Percy died, Gene took over (his son)...he died and then the ultimate happened and then the people that owned Applewoods took over and CLEANED the place up...Still enjoy (not on the menu anymore) the old Pan Fried Steak... They still serve it but you have to ask for it.....Think (I'm Batching this week) I'll fo there today....

Thread Information