Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 26 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. GRANT GENERALS.......got memories?

Default U.S. GRANT GENERALS.......got memories?

Ok Generals stand up and be heard! we got some revenge on those redskins and spartans!!!. .....post some of your old stories here from Grant or things you did while going to Grant.

Default Re: U.S. GRANT GENERALS.......got memories?

Remember back in the day when the coaches tought drivers ed...there was poppa duck, and Mr.Glen Castle, and Castle is the principal in Blanchard high school now...way to go coach!

Are we allowed to copy and paste from our original thread? There is a lot of good stuff ther and it sure would be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by USG '60 View Post
    Are we allowed to copy and paste from our original thread? There is a lot of good stuff ther and it sure would be easier.
    You bet we need to keep all this stuff separated like they were saying paste away my brother.

does anyone remember Mrs. Baugh a teacher from Grant....she was such a nice lady, she put on a gruff facad but inside she was a sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by grantgeneral78 View Post
    does anyone remember Mrs. Baugh a teacher from Grant....she was such a nice lady, she put on a gruff facad but inside she was a sweetheart.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mrs. Baugh was my Jr. English Teacher.....Let's see General 78 would have been 2 years old.....Hmmm..how about Mrs. Manning??? or Mr. Marker...Mr. Eagan was the Driver's ed Teacher when i was at Dear Grant High.....Hey, where's Prunepicker he went to Grant....

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mrs. Baugh was my Jr. English Teacher.....Let's see General 78 would have been 2 years old.....Hmmm..how about Mrs. Manning??? or Mr. Marker...Mr. Eagan was the Driver's ed Teacher when i was at Dear Grant High.....Hey, where's Prunepicker he went to Grant....
    He is probably at a meet and greet at a socialite club meeting.

Prunepicker is probably trying to figure out where Grant was....He was a little distracted while in Highschool I believe.....O.K. we all remember the Rifle Range (except '78) how about the two years that Grant had a winning football team and all of them could speak english fluently....Tracy Norwood was the coach and they had players that were touted all over the state... Mike O'Shea, John Suggs, Ernie Freshour....USG60 probably knew these guys as it was '59 and '60 twe had major winning teams and '61 had the likes of Ronnie Rose and the rest of that gang....'62 the legacy disappeared except in Basketball and Coach Brown held your feet to the fire and the paddle to your rear..Huh Guys////????

Do any of you remember Ms. Carter? Mr. Coffelt, Mr. Nees, Mrs Nestlerodes, Wallace Smith????? come on now did back and start asking questions......How about Connie Hahn....(Sheesh) man she was good looking...and then of course Janice Treichler.....Saw her not long ago and I Love my wife but I still think I have a crush on Janice....Never mind.....

I never remember a winning season at Grant, but it was so much fun to attend the games back then. You would attend a social gathering with all your friends and family and a football game would break out. Remember where 4 corners was? Remember where the Ropers and the Dopers hung out?

Also how about TORONADO foosball joint?

I never remember a winning season at Grant, but it was so much fun to attend the games back then. You would attend a social gathering with all your friends and family and a football game would break out. Remember where 4 corners was? Remember where the Ropers and the Dopers hung out?

Also how about TORONADO foosball joint?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was married and had kids when all that was going on. But, my young friend, Grant DID have many winning seasons.....they were terrors on the Basketball court. and the late 50's through early '60's they were good.

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: U.S. GRANT GENERALS... got memories?

I remember Coach Virgil Miliron and the wrestling teams. I also remember the
    swats. He was my gym instructor, too. Leave a towel in the dressing room
    and get a swat. Walk on the basketball court with street shoes and get a
    swat. Complain about getting swats and get a swat. I think there was some
    education doled out here and there.

Prunepicker Guest

Prunepicker is probably trying to figure out where Grant was... He was a little
    distracted while in Highschool I believe...

Do any of you remember Ms. Carter? Mr. Coffelt, Mr. Nees, Mrs Nestlerodes,
    Wallace Smith? Come on now did back and start asking questions... How
    about Connie Hahn... (Sheesh) man she was good looking... and then of
    course Janice Treichler... Saw her not long ago and I Love my wife but I still
    think I have a crush on Janice... Never mind...
    Mrs. Nestlerodes rings a bell, but she wasn't my teacher. C.D. Chase on
    the other hand... extricate the quadrapod from the vehicle... my head still
    hurts. Mrs. Baker was the attendance secretary, is that what it's called?

My science teacher was Mr. (Ron?) Cable. He spent a lot of time telling me
    to get a haircut. He was a great guy. Coach Wooden was my history
    teacher. I came in late everyday and got a swat. It came to the point
    that I'd walk in and grab the ankles. He'd have his board and book in his
    hands until I made it to class. Did I mention C. D. Chase? Mrs. Kelly was
    algebra. A kind lady. Then there was Printing class. About a month into
    the class the teacher advised me and my friend to take study hall.

Mr. Ron Cable was there when was there he was a tempermental old guy, maybe I was just rotten. NAHH

Prunepicker Guest

Mr. Ron Cable was there when was there he was a tempermental old guy,
    maybe I was just rotten. NAHH
    I remember him aging 10 years between September and May.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    I remember him aging 10 years between September and May.
    So it was you double P

i REMEMBER ONE TIME ONE OF THE SENIORS (IDIOTS) I GRADUATED WITH FLUSHED A CHERRY BOMB DOWN THE 2ND STORY BATHROOM ...FLOODED EVERYTHING....REMEMBER THAT CARLTONSKEEPER?????

i REMEMBER ONE TIME ONE OF THE SENIORS (IDIOTS) I GRADUATED WITH FLUSHED A CHERRY BOMB DOWN THE 2ND STORY BATHROOM ...FLOODED EVERYTHING....REMEMBER THAT CARLTONSKEEPER?????
    If I remember right it blew up the toilet and part of the partion wall, and toasted 2 of the ceiling tiles!! Sure glad I wasn't in there using the next stall!!

That wasn't you by chance was it?? Only Kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by CarltonsKeeper View Post
    If I remember right it blew up the toilet and part of the partion wall, and toasted 2 of the ceiling tiles!! Sure glad I wasn't in there using the next stall!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm sure you were. If my memory seves me well, Semrad was standing utside the 1st floor bathroom and didn't think it was funny for some people to be running downstairs....Correct???? We had a lot of fun at Dear Grant High....

Can you imagine the number of feet that have gone up and down those stairs, the numbers have to be staggering.

Remember back in the day when the coaches tought drivers ed...there was poppa duck, and Mr.Glen Castle, and Castle is the principal in Blanchard high school now...way to go coach!
    Yeah coach Savage was my drivers ed instructer. I remember coming back from Newcastle on what's now I-44. A red truck with U.S.Marines painted on the back blows by us. Coach said catch dat truck, so I took it up to 85! He's over the saying left off of it. I guess coach Savage has past away by now. He sure was a nice fella.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz6903 View Post
    Yeah coach Savage was my drivers ed instructer. I remember coming back from Newcastle on what's now I-44. A red truck with U.S.Marines painted on the back blows by us. Coach said catch dat truck, so I took it up to 85! He's over the saying left off of it. I guess coach Savage has past away by now. He sure was a nice fella.
    He was a great guy. what year did you graduate from grant?

Prunepicker Guest

So it was you double P
    mmm... could be...

Prunepicker Guest

I'm sure you were. If my memory serves me well, Semrad was standing
    outside the 1st floor bathroom and didn't think it was funny for some people
    to be running downstairs... Correct? We had a lot of fun at Dear Grant High...
    Semrad never thought it was funny if anyone was running anywhere. I often
    thought of him as someone who would patrol the halls with a 12ga shotgun.
    Not that he ever did. I'll bet it crossed his mind every time he caught me
    without a hall pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Semrad never thought it was funny if anyone was running anywhere. I often
    thought of him as someone who would patrol the halls with a 12ga shotgun.
    Not that he ever did. I'll bet it crossed his mind every time he caught me
    without a hall pass.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    it was a single shot sawed-off Winchester brand shotgun....I know it was and he only had one shell so he was saving it for YOU....Thank you so very much my friend for taking a bullet for me....

Thread Information