Widgets Magazine

Thread: Circuit City

Default Circuit City

Circuit City plans opening

The Circuit City Superstore at 13730 N Pennsylvania Ave. will have a grand opening Thursday with guests Barry Switzer and the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders.
    The store will close at 3 p.m. and reopen to the public at 6 p.m. when Switzer will sign souvenirs and the store will offer giveaways to the first 100 customers.

At 5 p.m., Switzer will challenge Junior Achievement of Greater Oklahoma City to a video game of Madden 2005.

In addition, Switzer souvenirs will be sold with proceeds going to Junior Achievement and the company and Switzer will present a $5,000 check to the local charity.

Switzer and the cheerleaders will be on hand until 7 p.m.; the store will stay open until 10 p.m.

Default Re: Circuit City

That is definitely extravegant.

I'm glad they're pushing north, but I'm still not going to go to Circuit City. I had friends who used to work there (and they made okay money). Then the company decided to get rid of commission and make them $8.00/hr associates, or something to that effect.

I think the quality of their people has suffered greatly since then as well.

Floating_adrift Guest

I always feel like I'm getting BS'd by the salespeople there. I'm into audio/home theater and when I go in there and ask a few questions about some of their products, the sales associates seem like they are making stuff up as they go. I mean come on, telling me that BOSE is a good speaker? lol

I've found that my best option is to do the research online, then use the store as nothing more than a price check.

4. Default Re: Circuit City

I have heard this location will be a lot larger and a lot nicer than the others.

When I can, I will stop by to look, but not on Switzer day. Will I buy? Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Floating_adrift
    I always feel like I'm getting BS'd by the salespeople there. I'm into audio/home theater and when I go in there and ask a few questions about some of their products, the sales associates seem like they are making stuff up as they go. I mean come on, telling me that BOSE is a good speaker? lol

I've found that my best option is to do the research online, then use the store as nothing more than a price check.
    Bose makes horrible speakers for the price. Made popular by Paul Harvey, these speakers are bought by suckers everyday. Glad to see another person agrees with me that these speaker systems are quite sub-par for the price.

That said, for the money, I think B&W makes a helluva speaker.

Floating_adrift Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner
    Bose makes horrible speakers for the price. Made popular by Paul Harvey, these speakers are bought by suckers everyday. Glad to see another person agrees with me that these speaker systems are quite sub-par for the price.

That said, for the money, I think B&W makes a helluva speaker.
    Getting off topic a bit here - but oh well I love audio.

Yes, there are a lot of good speakers out there that are 10 times the speaker Bose is for the price (Rocket, Ascend, KEF). B&W is a very good speaker, I'm glad you didn't mention Klipsch. I have the Legacy Audio 'Focus' (6 12" drivers!!) and 'Silver Screen' in my house. Only because I got a seriously incredible deal on them from a guy that was losing his hearing. Otherwise, for the money, Onix Rockets would be my first choice. IMO, hands down the best speaker you can buy for the money - beautiful to look at and sound even better - especially if you enjoy the sound of a B&W.

Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Floating_adrift
    Getting off topic a bit here - but oh well I love audio.

Yes, there are a lot of good speakers out there that are 10 times the speaker Bose is for the price (Rocket, Ascend, KEF). B&W is a very good speaker, I'm glad you didn't mention Klipsch. I have the Legacy Audio 'Focus' (6 12" drivers!!) and 'Silver Screen' in my house. Only because I got a seriously incredible deal on them from a guy that was losing his hearing. Otherwise, for the money, Onix Rockets would be my first choice. IMO, hands down the best speaker you can buy for the money - beautiful to look at and sound even better - especially if you enjoy the sound of a B&W.

Carry on...
    Back in my HS days, I did a little sideline work buying audio systems for rich folks. Bought a $30,000 sound system once on an all Linn system involving a $5000 turntable. It's always fun to spend other people's money.

I haven't really been keeping up on the industry or products lately. I recall that back in the days when I really was kind of an audio nerd, I thought (and still think this) that what makes a good speaker great is the tweaters. I can't stand titanium or any harsh sounding speaker. Give me silk dome or other types of soft domes any day. Of course, as I said, I haven't really been into those types of things since the late 90's.

Floating_adrift Guest

I'm using silk domes and ribbons in my setup - very smooth and laid back highs. Very 'sweet' sounding to me.

I recently got back into home theater after purchasing a giant LCD HDTV. I went kind of crazy, but it's the 'best stupid purchases' I've ever made! I have re-discovered music and enjoy it more than I ever have. And I never go to the theater anymore. I recommend it to everyone!!

Patrick Guest

Circuit City is a great store and I think it will add a lot to the mix up there on Memorial. The Memorial Square Development is coming along. I'll be interested to see what the other restaurants will be that will be pput here. I thought I had heard that Applebee's was locating in this development, but I'm not 100% certain.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

Isn't this nearby Applewoods? Funny how rival stores (example: Lowes & Home Depot) always build next door.

Thread Information