Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

Default Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

Okay, so with a slow message board and a slow news cycle here lately, I thought I'd create a thread of things we'd like to see Steve Lackmeyer do updates on. I'd love to see a new column in the business section featuring a weekly update of major downtown/MidTown/inner city construction projects. Heck, it might even inspire a much needed boost of confidence to locals letting them know things are still progressing and the sky isn't falling, etc. I know we have pretty recent information on all these projects but I'd like to see more in depth information.

A few that come to mind are:

1.) Asian District Streetscaping/ area projects including Lotus Plaza and Sun Moon Plaza as well as the new Asian Plaza that is going up.

2.) Legacy Arts retail update and possibly why Henderson was allowed to bail out on an unfinished OCURA project after he was given several years of delays and watered down the bid that got him the project.

3.) Maywood Lofts/Leslie - brief status update

4.) Devon Update- (not much to report, but everyone is always interested in rehashing old news).

5.) First National Update - I know he wrote about the liens in today's paper, but I'd like to see much more in depth about what improvements they have done, where they are at with current improvements and what is planned. That new "north" entrance seems to be coming along way behind schedule.

6.) The Hill Update - more info on what Canfield is doing to secure financing.

7.) Humphrey's Farris Wheel/ Downtown Airpark project

8.) Bert Belanger's proposed development

9.) Where Steve Mason is at on developing the rest of NW 9th near Broadway.

10.) Update on Mickey Clagg/Bob Howard and their "Midtown Renaissance". Especially the building on 10th and Robinson as it is shaping up. What are they doing to attract retailers, etc.

These are just a few projects to get the ball rolling, I'm sure I'll think of plenty more, even though I know more info than has been disclosed on many of these projects. I know I'd like to know more and I'm sure many of you would to. Keep the fire burning during this slow news season Steve!!

2. Default Re: Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

1.) Asian District Streetscaping/ area projects including Lotus Plaza and Sun Moon Plaza as well as the new Asian Plaza that is going up.
    - In the works for later this month.

2.) Legacy Arts retail update and possibly why Henderson was allowed to bail out on an unfinished OCURA project after he was given several years of delays and watered down the bid that got him the project.
    - This horse has been beaten and is dead. Story was written.
    3.) Maywood Lofts/Leslie - brief status update

4.) Devon Update- (not much to report, but everyone is always interested in rehashing old news).

5.) First National Update - I know he wrote about the liens in today's paper, but I'd like to see much more in depth about what improvements they have done, where they are at with current improvements and what is planned. That new "north" entrance seems to be coming along way behind schedule.

6.) The Hill Update - more info on what Canfield is doing to secure financing.
    - Did an update three weeks ago. Nothing new to report.

7.) Humphrey's Farris Wheel/ Downtown Airpark project
    - Expect something this next month or so.

8.) Bert Belanger's proposed development
    - Which one?

9.) Where Steve Mason is at on developing the rest of NW 9th near Broadway.
    - Monitoring.

10.) Update on Mickey Clagg/Bob Howard and their "Midtown Renaissance". Especially the building on 10th and Robinson as it is shaping up. What are they doing to attract retailers, etc.
    - Did an update early last month. Will check in with them soon.

FYI - This is anything but a slow news season. And realize my coverage responsibilities now also include technology and some retail and general business news. That said, don't ever shy away from suggesting story ideas or asking questions about what's up.
    Now Metro, do me a favor and convince the haters in the newspaper thread that I'm still relevant, ok?

3. Default Re: Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

Our board isn't slow.... everyone is just too busy bashing Obama to think about anything else..

Thanks Steve...
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

Steve,

2.) Would like to see more information than what was reported and pressure put on OCURA as to why they allow. I also didn't see anything in your article as to the severe delay or failure of retail projects there. What is the status of Catfish & Steak, Dry Cleaners, Wine/Tapas Bar, etc. Or if these have all failed, why and what is Legacy Arts marketing plan, etc.

6.) What is Canfield doing to get more aggressive in marketing his property (again delayed/failed OCURA project). Would like to see more spotlight on OCURA on what they are doing to help this along. Didn't see anything about that in the article.

8.) Any/All of Belangers projects, especially along Broadway around 13th.

10.) Would like to see more in depth on what Howard/Clagg are up do than was reported. What is their new marketing strategy now Banta is gone?

Heck, I'd even settle if someone else had to cover some of these stories just to get updates since you're also busy with Main Street, OKC Central video, and technology/retail.

5. Default Re: Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

Quick answers because I've got to run...

2.) Would like to see more information than what was reported and pressure put on OCURA as to why they allow. I also didn't see anything in your article as to the severe delay or failure of retail projects there. What is the status of Catfish & Steak, Dry Cleaners, Wine/Tapas Bar, etc. Or if these have all failed, why and what is Legacy Arts marketing plan, etc.
    - Not sure that Urban Renewal has any say on leasing activity for a project once it's done. Not the answer you might want, but it is what it is. I keep hearing most of the retail in that stretch is still going forward, just very slowly for whatever reason. The convenience store is likely going to open after Hobby's.

6.) What is Canfield doing to get more aggressive in marketing his property (again delayed/failed OCURA project). Would like to see more spotlight on OCURA on what they are doing to help this along. Didn't see anything about that in the article.
    - Will monitor.

8.) Any/All of Belangers projects, especially along Broadway around 13th.

10.) Would like to see more in depth on what Howard/Clagg are up do than was reported. What is their new marketing strategy now Banta is gone?
    - So far they're not willing to say a lot. But I'll keep asking.

Heck, I'd even settle if someone else had to cover some of these stories just to get updates since you're also busy with Main Street, OKC Central video, and technology/retail.
    - Good luck with that.

do me a favor and convince the haters in the newspaper thread that I'm still relevant
    You're still relevant. You have a blog. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    Our board isn't slow.... everyone is just too busy bashing Obama to think about anything else..

Thanks Steve...

So True.

Thanks Steve you do a great job, in the paper and your blog. Now if you would only Twitter.

8. Default Re: Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

I'm twittering! I surrendered!

Steve:

Status of that piano bar next to Toby Keith's please!

10. Default Re: Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

If it's on life support, it's in a vegetative state. I talked to Randy Hogan a few weeks ago and he said he's pretty much done building for right now and is happy to be 100 percent leased. I'm also hearing, however, that we might see other improvements in Lower Bricktown.

11. Default Re: Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

Thanks Steve...
    haha! it went from bashing bush to obama. oh no!

12. Default Re: Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Now Metro, do me a favor and convince the haters in the newspaper thread that I'm still relevant, ok?

Steve is definitely one of the only reporters in town who i always make sure to read.

Thanks Steve...
    No offense but it's slow. I'm having to dig deep just to put new thread on this site. Not much new construction is going on, heck look at how few threads get discussed anymore besides Obama thread or Memories threads. It is a slow news cycle in my opinion.

14. Default Re: Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

Well then, go out, live life and make some news!

Steve, that's not a diss, just reality from looking at these boards daily. Not a lot of activity, I don't think it's a surprise. You know it's slow when the feature story on the front page of NewsOK is featuring Cowboys basketball when they suck this year and OU is on top. Cowboy basketball doesn't sell many papers I'm willing to bet.

Working on a few projects that will get some press. If someone wants to back me financially, I can think of a lot more projects to get off the ground....

16. Default Re: Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

Looking forward to it!

Steve, what's your Twitter username?

18. Default Re: Things you want Steve Lackmeyer to do an update on

Slow news period? Maybe. If there is any proof of slow times it is evidenced by the annoying -fill in blank- memories posts that keep staying at the top.

And you cant say the Pokes suck. Three weeks ago they did but not anymore. They are finally headed back to the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Steve, that's not a diss, just reality from looking at these boards daily. Not a lot of activity, I don't think it's a surprise. You know it's slow when the feature story on the front page of NewsOK is featuring Cowboys basketball when they suck this year and OU is on top. Cowboy basketball doesn't sell many papers I'm willing to bet.

Working on a few projects that will get some press. If someone wants to back me financially, I can think of a lot more projects to get off the ground....
    Metro & Steve, this is not a diss but, the Daily Oklahoman sucks!!! And yes, this is from a Cowboys fan. Cowboy basketball is pretty decent and better than a lot of our fans thought they would with first year Coach Ford (he's done a lot better than Capel did in his first year at uo (that's right, university of oklahoma)) so think twice before you open your mouth.

Secondly, again, the Oklahoman sucks because they don't report on oSu in the first place because the paper is owned by uo media propagandists. And Jenni Carlson is a &^#)@. The reason you see so many newspaper stands passing out free DO's is because they can't make money off of oSu fans and sooner fans won't pay 50 cents for a daily newspaper!

Free online editions rock!

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Slow news period? Maybe. If there is any proof of slow times it is evidenced by the annoying -fill in blank- memories posts that keep staying at the top.

And you cant say the Pokes suck. Three weeks ago they did but not anymore. They are finally headed back to the tourney.
    ================================================== ===========
    Hey, show some interest and some class. We enjoy this forum like everyone else...we're just a little more dedicated to the forum than others.

No offense but it's slow. I'm having to dig deep just to put new thread on this site. Not much new construction is going on, heck look at how few threads get discussed anymore besides Obama thread or Memories threads. It is a slow news cycle in my opinion.
    What about your secret sources?

I would like to know about the development along Broadway between Park Place and 12th where those half-way houses and the old nursing home was torn down. Also, would like to get an update on Banta individually and his involvement in the renovation of the Tower Theatre.

warren, that's the Belanger development I mentioned above, but yes I too would like to Steve do an article on it. Basically I hear he's waiting on the train noise/quiet zone issue to be dealt with before announcing it, but supposively he has financing in place ready to go.

Banta - agreed.

warren, that's the Belanger development I mentioned above, but yes I too would like to Steve do an article on it. Basically I hear he's waiting on the train noise/quiet zone issue to be dealt with before announcing it, but supposively he has financing in place ready to go.

Banta - agreed.
    Ah, ok. I couldn't remember who the developer was so thanks for letting me know. I remember Steve had a blog about it, but it was about 4-6 months ago and I didn't want to have to go back and find it.

Thread Information