Thread: Southside OKC Memories….revisited

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: Southside OKC Memories… revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    Cable TV... Writings on cave walls?
    Internet... Smoke Signals?
    Coit's Rootbeer... Peyote'
    Baseball... Cricket
    Gas Grills... Flame cooked over an open fire?
    Cars/trucks... Horses... Wagons

the Indians really had it figured out... I think?
    Just how many Bud Lites have you had today?

Default Re: Southside OKC Memories….revisited

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    O.K., what's in it for me when I tell the answer????? or do you want me to wait????
    Go ahead 64 but I bet you wont know and there was 4 of them adn where wer they located at?

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Just how many Bud Lites have you had today?
    Two I think:......Been wrestling with dog though...He weighs in at 72 pounds and 12 months old...He was winning when I got back on here. 1/2 Pit Bull and 1/2 American Bull dog....You are about the only one I know that remembered the Trap Door under the stage.....When they were closing the school down I went up there for my wife some things for school and they took me to a Basement right by the stairs closet to the Office.....It was FULL of old trophies ( ya think) that were not on display. I'm really glad I didn't know that it was there I'd been in more trouble.....Probably graduated with you.....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by grantgeneral78 View Post
    Go ahead 64 but I bet you wont know and there was 4 of them adn where wer they located at?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You were supposed to tell me to wait...I don't know Darrell Warren...

Talking Re: Southside OKC Memories….revisited

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You were supposed to tell me to wait...I don't know Darrell Warren...
    That's ok. I don't know him either.

Yup wino you are right, 64 almost beat ya to it.

Ok here is one no one knows.....Darrel Warren had several shops back in the day how many shops and what were there names?
    Give a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Give a hint.
    Ok he was a drag racer, he had 2 shops on 29th , one on 15th and he original shop was on exchange.

Was that near Leroy DeSheild's on Exchange?

Quote Originally Posted by USG '60 View Post
    Was that near Leroy DeSheild's on Exchange?
    The one on exchange was on the north east corner of penn in a old filing station.

Beats me. I never was good at pop quizs.

Note the confused look on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Beats me. I never was good at pop quizs.
    Ok answer is: Darryls garage on exchange
    horton motors on 29th and agnew
    Warrens garage on 15th and agnew
    the machine shop on 29th and independance
    Darryls garage by sonic on 29th

finally stumped the grand ole wizard 64

mark this day down in infamy

The one on exchange was on the north east corner of penn in a old filing station.
    That is where Leroy's was, that's what you mean, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by USG '60 View Post
    That is where Leroy's was, that's what you mean, isn't it?
    I thought Leroy's was there also...isn't that by that elementary school?...That building has been torn down ....correct???? Man, General78 you now have me with my thinking cap on....What was the name of the Lumber yard on Exchange and where was it located?????You can ask for help if you want to.......probably have to call your Grandparents on this one. I bought it out when it got to the last weeek...about killed me loading all that lumber etc.....

Hey General78:..........Did you know who "Wild Bill" McAlister was? and where did he live???? and what was his profession....you should know this one if not Lady77's dad will.....

What was the name of that elementry school I havent been there in years.

I thought Leroy's was there also...isn't that by that elementary school?...That building has been torn down ....correct???? Man, General78 you now have me with my thinking cap on....What was the name of the Lumber yard on Exchange and where was it located?????You can ask for help if you want to.......probably have to call your Grandparents on this one. I bought it out when it got to the last weeek...about killed me loading all that lumber etc.....
    Stockyards lumber, do you remember who the owner was and the son's name!

Could that have been "Stock Yards Lumber?" Ed Schroeder Dad to Mike Schroeder both deceased now?

Two I think:......Been wrestling with dog though...He weighs in at 72 pounds and 12 months old...He was winning when I got back on here. 1/2 Pit Bull and 1/2 American Bull dog....You are about the only one I know that remembered the Trap Door under the stage.....When they were closing the school down I went up there for my wife some things for school and they took me to a Basement right by the stairs closet to the Office.....It was FULL of old trophies ( ya think) that were not on display. I'm really glad I didn't know that it was there I'd been in more trouble.....Probably graduated with you.....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They use to hold classes in that "basement" your talking about!! You could duck your head just a little and follow the tunnels underneath a large portion of the school! It's purpose (tunnels) were for housing the utilitie's like water and gas pipes etc. I was a teachers aid in that basement one semester!

They use to hold classes in that "basement" your talking about!! You could duck your head just a little and follow the tunnels underneath a large portion of the school! It's purpose (tunnels) were for housing the utilitie's like water and gas pipes etc. I was a teachers aid in that basement one semester!

Sutherland's

I remember "Stock Yards Lumber" when it was on the north side of exchange across the street from the Cattlemens Restaurant, maybe just a little bit east, anyone else? This was in 1962 or 3?

Sutherland's was at the east end of the Exchange Bridge on the north side down under and Stock Yards Lumber was west of Penn on Exchange across from Cattlemen's Drive In, would that be about right?

Man, you two guys should have pegged that one.....Exchange Ave. Lumber....Was father-in-law to Coy Ferguson....Shut down in 1970.........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Al Right Trivia fans (General78):......................
    1. How many businesses did Conway Twitty have in South OKC (other than Singing) and what and where were they????
    2. What was El Chico (in OKC) before it was El Chico? and how many locations were there?????
    Anybody can come up with the answers....I just can't let '78 beat me down????by the way '78 the answer to my earlier question to you?????

See Ya next time:..........Generals64

Thread Information