Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cafe 7

Default Re: Cafe 7

Sad to see it leave that spot, but grateful they aren't moving too far... love that place.

So, since FNC is closing at the end of the week, does that mean Cafe 7 is closing too? When are they moving to the old Revolve space?

I don't think Cafe 7 is ready to move yet.

They can continue to operate through their direct access from the street without having to have the building open.

4. Default Re: Cafe 7

I just grabbed lunch at Cafe 7 and they said tomorrow is their last day. They were told they have to have everything out by Monday and that they'll be closed for un unknown amount of time while they setup the new space.

That sucks for them. It will probably take a minimum of 6 months to renovate the revolve space.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    That sucks for them. It will probably take a minimum of 6 months to renovate the revolve space.
    They are scheduled to reopen Aug 8

Quote Originally Posted by traemac View Post
    They are scheduled to reopen Aug 8
    Thanks for the info.

It's probably why Revolve is now in a hurry to auction off the furniture and equipment that's in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks for the info.

It's probably why Revolve is now in a hurry to auction off the furniture and equipment that's in there.
    The auction was this morning. The buyers only have two days to get everything out. When i was there, there was already new equipment on site as far as some refrigeration prep table units

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    The auction was this morning. The buyers only have two days to get everything out. When i was there, there was already new equipment on site as far as some refrigeration prep table units
    cafe 7 has a fairly simple kitchen and prep space so I would expect it will much effort to get it ready.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    cafe 7 has a fairly simple kitchen and prep space so I would expect it will much effort to get it ready.
    Cafe 7 employees are moving items between the locations today.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I would imagine not too much to open and server the same food, but the atmosphere, that's going to be missed. I loved how Cafe 7 looked inside.

Opens tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7AM in their new location in the Century Center.

Blog Entries

Please use your power and influence to convince them to stay open dinner hours in their new location...

14. Default Re: Cafe 7

That would be amazing if they started staying open for dinner. We could really use some more quick options in the evenings.

I think if the Stage Center site had gone according to plan, night options in the CBD would have been feasible in 2-3 years. Too bad for that.

I do wonder, does anyone know how Mahogany's business is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I think if the Stage Center site had gone according to plan, night options in the CBD would have been feasible in 2-3 years. Too bad for that.

I do wonder, does anyone know how Mahogany's business is doing?
    We went last weekend and ate in the bar, which was packed. Our table faced Sheridan, and had a great "downtown" feel. The food, service and setting were all great.

Cafe 7 closing their downtown location effective immediately today they just posted

PPP money is running out.

19. Default Re: Cafe 7

I don't understand this one, even through the pandemic they have still been packed. Really sad to see them go, I've probably eaten here more than anywhere else in downtown over the last 5+ years that we've had an office down here.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    I don't understand this one, even through the pandemic they have still been packed. Really sad to see them go, I've probably eaten here more than anywhere else in downtown over the last 5+ years that we've had an office down here.
    I suspect that the space has high rent and with their limited hours they probably didn’t have a huge profit. COVID has reduced crowds somewhat for them and that probably puts them at a loss and they have gone as long as they can and can’t continue at a loss waiting for employers to bring employees back to the offices to get traffic back up

Very hard to survive in expensive space when you are only open for lunch 5 days a week.

Lunch and breakfast margins are low, especially with no alcohol.

22. Default Re: Cafe 7

Ah, that is very true. Well, I guess I know what I'll get for lunch today then.

RIP. I wonder how Mahogany is doing on the other side. I noticed they have a take-out special now for $49 three course steak meal on certain days of the week. This deal seems pretty good considering tipping for service is a large part of eating at expensive steakhouses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    RIP. I wonder how Mahogany is doing on the other side. I noticed they have a take-out special now for $49 three course steak meal on certain days of the week. This deal seems pretty good considering tipping for service is a large part of eating at expensive steakhouses.
    I hope people are still tipping. Staff is still working and trying to earn a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Very hard to survive in expensive space when you are only open for lunch 5 days a week.

Lunch and breakfast margins are low, especially with no alcohol.
    For the life of me I cannot understand how retail space owners are not freely negotiating reduced rent rate during these times. Perhaps some have reduced rent rates, idk. But it appears as though retail owners won't budge and feel having an empty retail space works in their favor. I don't get it?!?!

Thread Information