Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nascar

1. Default Re: Nascar

Last nights Bud Shootout was just another extension of 2009. Michael Waltrip crashes, Dale Jr. is no where to be found, hardly any passing, and it all came down to a green, white, checker.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Default Re: Nascar

Quote Originally Posted by so1rfan View Post
    Last nights Bud Shootout was just another extension of 2009. Michael Waltrip crashes, Dale Jr. is no where to be found, hardly any passing, and it all came down to a green, white, checker.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
    What about that 24th place finish for Derick Cope! That's his best cup finish in several years!

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    It is only the third race called in the history, I understand with 2 hours of rain and with high humidity taking three hours to dry the track why they would call the race. It isn't F1 or sports car racing where the cars are built to have the ability to race in the rain. Running a 3,800 car around those tracks in wet conditions is a disaster waiting to happen. Everyone knows the rules before hand, after 100 laps the race can be called. It does make the race sort of anti-climatic but weather has a way of doing that with a lot of events.
    Nationwide Series has run in the rain before. They just need rain tires and windshield wipers.

Quote Originally Posted by jstaylor62 View Post
    Nationwide Series has run in the rain before. They just need rain tires and windshield wipers.
    I watch Cup races occasionally, I don't think that I have ever purposely watched a Nationwide/Busch race.

Does anyone else here dislike Denny Hamlin's attitude? I think he is a self-absorbed, loud mouthed punk.

WOOT! New season starting this week....can't wait. I'm a huge Nascar fan.

Great finish to the Daytona 500 Sun.. I really like the new "green-white-checker" rule.

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    Great finish to the Daytona 500 Sun.. I really like the new "green-white-checker" rule.
    And I pretty well give up on June bug, and he came from nowhere to nearly winning the thing. A lot like his dad used to drive I was real proud for him.

Quote Originally Posted by sam greenroyd View Post
    And I pretty well give up on June bug, and he came from nowhere to nearly winning the thing. A lot like his dad used to drive I was real proud for him.
    Yeah, I'am a big fan of Jrs.. He looked awesome in that last lap.
    Last edited by gen70; 02-16-2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: spl

Yeah that was a pretty spectacular finish for JR but I like McMurray so I'm glad he won.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethrol View Post
    Yeah that was a pretty spectacular finish for JR but I like McMurray so I'm glad he won.
    McMurray was humbled by the whole thing ,and I liked his attitude. But I still would have liked to see June bug pull it off.

I like McMurray but, I think if he had not won the Daytona 500 his career would have been in doubt unless he were to win big the rest of this season. By winning the 500 he'll be around for awhile.

Lots of drivers been around a long time and never won the big one including Martin, like to have seen him win Daytona before retirement.

McMurray was humbled by the whole thing ,and I liked his attitude. But I still would have liked to see June bug pull it off.
    Yeah Jamie Mac has a great attitude. I even got my mom watching the race and she didn't realize how big of a deal it was until she saw his interview after the race....then she was all...awww.

I'm not that big of a fan of JR. I more neutral about him. I don't like him nor dislike him just kind of meh. I'm surprised he hasn't been doing better in races.

Lots of drivers been around a long time and never won the big one including Martin, like to have seen him win Daytona before retirement.
    Agree..

This weekend race........................ No Coment

Comment: Dull

Comment: Dull
    Now What?

Now What?
    June bugs a stinkin it up

June bugs a stinkin it up
    Yeah, it's disapointing.

Yeah, it's disapointing.
    I get so hacked at him, and then if he does good i'll hollar my head off for him,but i'm gettin weak brother.

I get so hacked at him, and then if he does good i'll hollar my head off for him,but i'm gettin weak brother.
    This is a big week for NASCAR in Charlotte N.C.. All the racing and Hall Of Fame stuff.

Thread Information