Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131459 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole Foods

Default Re: Whole Foods...

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
    What gives you that idea? Colorado is a 3.2 beer state.
    I had no idea that Colorado was a 3.2 beer state. I thought OK was the only one... for real.

What other states have this stupid law?

I think Utah is 3.2

just announced on channel 9 a location will open within 18 months in okc somewhere

Default Channel 9 Reported (Whole Foods)

Channel 9 just reported and said it was confirmed that a Whole Foods would open in the next 16 months. They said that they didn't know the location yet.

Is it true that Whole Foods will be going in Nichols Hills Plaza where Crescent Market is? I heard that McClendon bought up the whole plaza and that is where it will be going in?

Crescent Market space cannot possibly be big enough to be replaced with a Whole Foods, even were it to wrap around to the drugstore. McClendon bought the Plaza several years ago, but I don't think that means Whole Foods is going in there. There are parking issues at the Plaza, and I'd be shocked if Whole Foods didn't put in a freestanding store, although the Western/Classen area would be a good location. McClendon was originally going to add lots of parking at the Plaza, including underground parking, but I think Classen Curve has gotten a lot more of his attention lately.

7. Default Re: Whole Foods...

Whole Foods to Open in Oklahoma City

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 11:15 PM CDT Updated: Aug 28, 2009 11:15 PM CDT

News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Whole Foods Market has plans to open a location in Oklahoma City in the near future.

An Whole Foods employee confirmed the timeline, but a location has not yet been revealed.

Whole Foods already has a location in Tulsa.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

My money is on:

1. Memorial Road
    2. North Edmond
    3. Nichols Hills
    4. Downtown/Classen Area
    5. Norman near OU

Classen Curve. Thats gotta be where they're looking at.

10. Default Re: Whole Foods...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDenver View Post
    I had no idea that Colorado was a 3.2 beer state. I thought OK was the only one... for real.

What other states have this stupid law?
    There are five states where any retailer outside a liquor store can carry only 3.2 beer... Oklahoma, Utah, Kansas, Colorado and Minnesota.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

The 3.2 law is not as stupid as the no cold beer in a liquor store law, imo.

Default Re: Channel 9 Reported (Whole Foods)

That's great news

But, here's the whole story:

Whole Foods to Open in Oklahoma City
    Posted: Aug 28, 2009 11:15 PM CDT Updated: Aug 28, 2009 11:15 PM CDT

News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Whole Foods Market has plans to open a location in Oklahoma City in the near future.

An Whole Foods employee confirmed the timeline, but a location has not yet been revealed.

Whole Foods already has a location in Tulsa.

Whole Foods to Open in Oklahoma City - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Exactly what time line was confirmed? In the near future? That not a time line. "An Whole Foods Employee", who? A sacker at store in Tulsa? The CEO?

Poor grammer, no named source and no information other than they want a store here in the future, which they have said for a long time if you e-mail them. This is very weak.

Hi everyone! I'm the new guy, but this thread is custom made for me.
    I have been waiting for a Whole Foods for years. When I e-mailed them a few years ago, they curtly told me that they don't divulge information regarding future store construction or placement. I have a "pretty good" source that tells me it'll be near Belle Isle.
    I've only been to the one in Austin, and it was spectacular!

Belle Isle area.
    Betcha a dollar and a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    The 3.2 law is not as stupid as the no cold beer in a liquor store law, imo.
    When 3.2 law was enacted in Oklahoma you could consider it a progressive drinking law. It just hasn't been updated with the times. It was a way around the Volstead act.

We're hoping for it to be in the Edmond area. After being to the one in Tulsa, I think Edmond could support a similar store without any issue.

I keep hearing that Oklahoma is going to be voting for REAL beer (6.0) instead of watered down beer (3.2).. any truth to this?? My sources were not reliable at all, just a couple of buddies that drink like fish... it was probably just wishful thinking on their part.

18. Default Re: Whole Foods...

Classen Curve area. This is becoming the biggest worst secret ever. But the powers that be want to announce it on their timetable ...

A high school student has better grammar than whoever posted this article.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Classen Curve area. This is becoming the biggest worst secret ever. But the powers that be want to announce it on their timetable ...
    I was just guessing. Those are the areas where their customer base already shops.

That area would certainly make the most sense.

Glad to hear this is coming together.

I agree that this is the most logical location. It's very centrally located, and definitely has the population to support a store like this. I'd love a grocery store downtown, but it doesn't have to be a Whole Foods to make me happy.

23. Default Re: Whole Foods...

Doesn't CHK own the properties between Grand and Western and I-44, other than Deep Fork, or at least most of that wedge? I think directly north of Deep Fork would be a great spot--right off the interstate and the back of it could probably have a sign with interstate visibility. There would probably be room for some extra retail space to accomidate some other exclusive stores that would draw on eachother.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

I think Classen Curve would be a great location but I question the parking situation. I seriously doubt Edmond will be the location because (to me) it seems like they don't have the right demographics there. Plus they would be alienating the rest of the OKC Metro by putting it in Edmond.

I doubt this would be in Classen Curve... Probably just south of there on other CHK owned property (shown in yellow below):

Thread Information