Widgets Magazine
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29747576777879
Results 1,951 to 1,970 of 1970

Thread: Whole Foods

Default Re: Whole Foods

Quote Originally Posted by WheelerD Guy View Post
    I’m just not sure that the OKC Suburbs and Exurbs are progressive enough to merit serious consideration from WF for further expansion.
    Wait, what? I don't think WF cares that much about the politics of an area when deciding to put a store there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    WF is a subsidiary, Amazon has no direct control.
    What? What do you think a subsidiary is?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    What? What do you think a subsidiary is?
    Being a subsidiary doesn't mean that they are operationally run by the holding company. They may even cross promote but they have their own management.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    IMO Sprouts is just a smaller version of WF
    They are nothing alike.

Blog Entries

I’m just not sure that the OKC Suburbs and Exurbs are progressive enough to merit serious consideration from WF for further expansion.
    Believe it or not, politics isn't the conspiracy about everything. I know plenty of conservatives who eat healthy and organic. There are a multitude of demographics and opportunities that dictate store placement.

Both grocers sell mostly natural or organic products and have fresh salad and juice bars, sandwich counters, and pre-made meals for purchase, along with in-store dining areas. They also sell natural health products like vitamins and supplements. From Business Insider.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/whol...cheaper-2018-4
    But ok

Blog Entries

Both grocers sell mostly natural or organic products and have fresh salad and juice bars, sandwich counters, and pre-made meals for purchase, along with in-store dining areas. They also sell natural health products like vitamins and supplements. From Business Insider.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/whol...cheaper-2018-4
    But ok
    Anybody who shops at the two knows they aren't close to the same. Not even close to the same selections - Deli's, meat, seafood, bakery, cheeses, depth of products, and on and on are way different and better at WF.

Can't say for across the country, but I am not aware of in-store dining at Sprouts.

By the way, I love Sprouts. It just isn't the same.

Obviously Business Insider thinks they’re similar or they wouldn’t have done a comparison. Some cities have larger Sprouts stores than OKC and have sitting areas. No they’re not exactly the same but they both sell mostly organic or natural products…like the article says. Sprouts isn’t in the same category as Homeland, Crest or Winco. Again they focus on organic natural specialty food items.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Anybody who shops at the two knows they aren't close to the same. Not even close to the same selections - Deli's, meat, seafood, bakery, cheeses, depth of products, and on and on are way different and better at WF.

Can't say for across the country, but I am not aware of in-store dining at Sprouts.

By the way, I love Sprouts. It just isn't the same.

Blog Entries

Obviously Business Insider thinks they’re similar or they wouldn’t have done a comparison. Some cities have larger Sprouts stores than OKC and have sitting areas. No they’re not exactly the same but they both sell mostly organic or natural products…like the article says. Sprouts isn’t in the same category as Homeland, Crest or Winco. Again they focus on organic natural specialty food items.
    All dogs have tails and four legs, but all dogs aren't collies.

Just curious if you personally shop at both stores and see them as the same. Do you think Natural Grocers is the same?

I wasn't being literal. But they both cater to the same target market. Is Homeland and Crest the same? No. But they both cater to the same target market. Sprouts (in OKC) is just a scaled down version of WF. You make it sound like they're polar opposites.
    I've never shopped at Natural Grocers.
    Last edited by Bowser214; 09-01-2021 at 12:41 PM. Reason: additional info

I agree that Sprouts, Whole Foods, and Natural Grocers appear to be going after the same market. They definitely aren't the exact same, but it has always been my opinion those grocers are similar.

Blog Entries

I wasn't being literal. But they both cater to the same target market. Is Homeland and Crest the same? No. But they both cater to the same target market. Sprouts (in OKC) is just a scaled down version of WF. You make it sound like they're polar opposites.
    I've never shopped at Natural Grocers.
    It is scaled down and thus doesn't have the breadth and depth of offerings. It's the breadth and depth of what they offer that is the differentiator, not that both have organic items. The deli is very different as Sprouts is basically just a sandwich station. The breadth and depth of cheeses is distinctive. You can't start to compare the meat and seafood departments. The freshly prepared food stations with salads, hot entrees, etc. is non existent in Sprouts. They may be in the same very broad category but are very very different stores.

Target isn't the same as Saks. I am sure some people shop at both, but are very different. I doubt many Whole Food shoppers actually shop much at Sprouts too, and visa versa.

... I doubt many Whole Food shoppers actually shop much at Sprouts too, and visa versa.
    Out of the two, we usually go to Sprouts, but occasionally shop at WF. And we only go to Sprouts monthly (Homeland and WinCo are our regular/weekly stores), so maybe WF every few months for something special or better quality than Sprouts. We don't shop at WF much because of their higher prices, and they're busier and more crowded than Sprouts most of the time.

Believe it or not, politics isn't the conspiracy about everything. I know plenty of conservatives who eat healthy and organic. There are a multitude of demographics and opportunities that dictate store placement.
    No, not necessarily. See, e.g., Starbucks vs. Black Rifle Coffee.

People want to patronize places where they fee safe.

Safe spaces are actually fairly low on the hierarchy of needs.

16. Default Re: Whole Foods

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Out of the two, we usually go to Sprouts, but occasionally shop at WF. And we only go to Sprouts monthly (Homeland and WinCo are our regular/weekly stores), so maybe WF every few months for something special or better quality than Sprouts. We don't shop at WF much because of their higher prices, and they're busier and more crowded than Sprouts most of the time.
    Yup Sprouts all the way. And on the 240 world, Green Acres.

17. Default Re: Whole Foods

Swake, my company (Ill let you guess which one it is) has many subsidiaries that have full control of their operations including their own executives. We have little to no control over them other than financing and all-up external reporting.

I'm certain that is also the case with AMZ and WF, especially considering WF isn't listed in the Amazon umbrella of wholly owned subsidiaries like AWS, Kindle, etc (which are more directly controlled by AMZ corporate).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Heard they are looking at the old Stein Mart location at 2nd and Bryant in Edmond. Anyone know more?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    Heard they are looking at the old Stein Mart location at 2nd and Bryant in Edmond. Anyone know more?
    Would probably make a better Trader Joe's than WF.

Blog Entries

No, not necessarily. See, e.g., Starbucks vs. Black Rifle Coffee.

People want to patronize places where they fee safe.

Safe spaces are actually fairly low on the hierarchy of needs.
    Feeling safe isn't a unique requirement of certain classes of people or their appetites.

Thread Information