Widgets Magazine
Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26717273747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 1970

Thread: Whole Foods

1. Default Re: Whole Foods

My checkbook started at #100... Went and pulled a check out to get my car tag and I'm at #108..... In check writings defense... I used to write at least 12 checks a year when I was a renter.

Default Re: Whole Foods

Mel,
    You and I are in total agreement, many times I have been able to write the amount, tear it out of the checkbook, and be gone faster than going through the card reader menus and of course, signing the card reader. And I have become very fond of paying cash lately, but it takes about the same time as a check if I have change coming, and I usually do. I never dig around in my pocket for correct change, that slows things down too.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    If I use a check I have them ready with everything but the amount. Some of the readers for cc's and dbc's ask so many questions that a check is faster. Cash, thank goodness, still works everywhere I go.

Absolutely blows my mind when I see people use debit cards when checking out. I remember when I first got my checking account how amazing it felt to have a debit card. What power! But even as a sophomore in college it struck me that hey if I can be responsible, I can make 2% back on every transaction, rather than just swiping money away. Have never used a debit card since other than at an ATM. Clearly the clientele at WF can afford to have a credit card or two. Just bizarre. And who writes checks other than to pay rent? You can even use an app like Venmo and pay your friends/family with your credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    And who writes checks other than to pay rent? You can even use an app like Venmo and pay your friends/family with your credit card.
    I pay my paper boy with a check each month

As long as you pay your paper boy you're safe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z9Cg46Nktw

that's probably enough about check writing for this thread... let's get back to topic. -M

Still only one WF in OKC. Has anyone heard any recent rumors of possible new locations, or is store #1 it for the foreseeable future?

I had heard they wanted to open another location near Quail Springs and then a third location in north Edmond.

Not sure where they stand but they were searching for sites a few months ago.

There have been rumors on other threads about Whole Foods possibly going into the old Wright's IGA space at 36th & Main in Norman.

Today, I spoke to the brokers involved and confirmed that WF did look at the space but has just decided to put off Norman for 3 to 5 years.

However, they are working on active deals in both North OKC and Edmond. Don't think either one is imminent but negotiations have commenced.

Can't say any more at this time.

There have been rumors on other threads about Whole Foods possibly going into the old Wright's IGA space at 36th & Main in Norman.

Today, I spoke to the brokers involved and confirmed that WF did look at the space but has just decided to put off Norman for 3 to 5 years.

However, they are working on active deals in both North OKC and Edmond. Don't think either one is imminent but negotiations have commenced.

Thanks for the update. Interesting that they are putting Norman off for a while. I would think Whole Foods is eager to get another store in the metro.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

We are now hearing Uptown Grocers is looking at the old Wright's IGA location. Have you heard anything similiar?

Wow. Very proud of myself for never giving them any of my money. Even if they were correctly weighing food, it would still be overpriced.

Whole Foods accused of overcharging - Business Insider

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Wow. Very proud of myself for never giving them any of my money. Even if they were correctly weighing food, it would still be overpriced.

Whole Foods accused of overcharging - Business Insider
    Reads more like a hit piece than investigative journalism. I would imagine ALL grocers in NYC and elsewhere are reviewed for their measurements. They didn't mention a single other grocer in the article.

Also, they slid in the "some items were under-priced" at the end. How many? How often?

It's obviously an issue of not having adequate measures to ensure their scales are calibrated correctly.

Hol-E-Cow.

This will likely be a game-changer in the grocery game, as Amazon is very ambitious in this area and I'm sure have big plans:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/amazon-bu...133855322.html

Default Amazon to purchase Whole Foods

Default Re: Amazon to purchase Whole Foods

Not this specific purchase, but it's not surprising. And it's smart. They just bought 400 or so higher income, prime location, distribution nodes for every aspect of their business. There could be some smart market synergy.

Just waiting for the inevitable Amazon breakup of 2030.

18. Default Re: Amazon to purchase Whole Foods

They had already considered it once, so I'm not sure why every seems to think it's out of nowhere.

http://www.investopedia.com/news/why...oods-amzn-wfm/

19. Default Re: Whole Foods

Whole Foods was struggling, right? Hopefully, Amazon can bring their extensive grocery knowledge to this business.

i'm pretty stoked if that means that my prime membership will eventually get me stuff from whole foods delivered to my door... while i prefer sprouts, it'd be nice to have somebody deliver since none of these places are conveniently located for me.

This is huge. Amazon just got physical stores in a lot of the US. And probably more importantly they just bought a ton of data and experience. Whole Foods probably has massive amounts of data, I think they have rewards cards so that tracks your entire shopping history. Wouldn't surprise me if they've invested in the CCTV tech that tracks heatmapping throughout the store to see customer traffic flow. Not to mention all the experts in inventory Whole Foods has, probably some of the best minds in the grocery business.

I just read this article in the NY Times that relates this proposed purchase. The article illustrates how this is a battle between Wal Mart and Amazon and how each are trying to establish supremacy through aquisitions and selling strategies. Hopefully the consumer will come out on top. I'm curious as to whether or not Whole Foods will lower their prices to be more competive with Sprouts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/u...n-economy.html

Hopefully this means more locations. It would be great to get one downtown.

Whole Foods stock is up 27% today while competitors stocks are off between 5% and 11%.

I doubt that a company focused on being the best delivery source for everything is going to focus on costly physical locations rather than integrating Whole Foods into their shipping network.

Thread Information