Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23456789101156 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole Foods

1. Default Re: Whole Foods...

TULSA — One of the most deadly spiders in the world has been found in the produce section of a Tulsa grocery store.

An employee of Whole Foods Market found the Brazilian Wandering Spider Sunday in bananas from Honduras and managed to catch it in a container.
    The spider was given to University of Tulsa Animal Facilities director Terry Childs who says this type of spider kills more people than any other.
    Childs says a bite will kill a person in about 25 minutes and while there is an antidote he doesn't know of any in the Tulsa area.
    Spiders often are found in imported produce, and a manager at Whole Foods says the store regularly checks its goods and that's how the spider was found.

Default Re: Whole Foods...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    TULSA — One of the most deadly spiders in the world has been found in the produce section of a Tulsa grocery store.

An employee of Whole Foods Market found the Brazilian Wandering Spider Sunday in bananas from Honduras and managed to catch it in a container.
    The spider was given to University of Tulsa Animal Facilities director Terry Childs who says this type of spider kills more people than any other.
    Childs says a bite will kill a person in about 25 minutes and while there is an antidote he doesn't know of any in the Tulsa area.
    Spiders often are found in imported produce, and a manager at Whole Foods says the store regularly checks its goods and that's how the spider was found.
    Maybe it's good OKC doesn't have one!

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Maybe it's good OKC doesn't have one!
    I'll take my chances!!

I don't know any details...but,
    I just got a text message from a friend who works at Chesapeake, and appearantly they will be building a Whole Foods on their campus.

Sounds like someone is pulling a late April Fools joke....

Interesting...I would say the info is about 70% accurate today.

awwww, com'on, Metro. . .ya just gotta rain on the parade??!!

Thank you tuck!!!!

Yes, thank you tuck! If you're thinking it's 70% then I'll take that chance as I stand behind your word.

10. Default Re: Whole Foods...

Maybe 70% accurate because they are building one somewhere near Western & 63rd, but not on their campus per se? That would make more sense.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

I was thinking Classen Curve.

The text I recieved said "CHK is bldng a whole foods grocry stor here on campus"

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken In The Rough View Post
    It saddens me a little each time the Whole Foods topic pops up. I wish everyone would spend as much time supporting and promoting the already-existing businesses in OKC providing the same or similar goods and services. Bravo to those that mentioned Crescent, Native Roots, etc. It seems that most OKC folks are eager to bring in the latest national chain to the detriment of the locals who are already struggling to keep their doors open.

C'mon everyone. We've got to start thinking/shopping/acting more locally. Forget the chains. They only detract from our urban fabric.
    There is nothing in Oklahoma that would compare to a Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Trader Joe's etc. I've been in the grocery business in this state for more than 40 years. Oklahoma's selection of stores sucks. Ever been to a Central Market? Show me a store here with a REAL deli...ha...

But Oklahoma with all its progression the past few years is still primarily a "meat and potatoes" state. Don't get me wrong......I love living here, but we are way behind in a lot of areas, and grocery stores and what they have to offer us are sorely lacking IMHO.....

Quote Originally Posted by phinzup View Post
    There is nothing in Oklahoma that would compare to a Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Trader Joe's etc.

Tulsa Home | WholeFoodsMarket.com

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
    Hey Floyd, my bad. I meant to say "Oklahoma City", I have been to the one in Tulsa several times.

Yeah I didn't know if you knew it was there. It's an old Wild Oats they acquired in the merger--the only reason Tulsa has one right now and OKC doesn't. Will be nice when they build new stores in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post

Well, at Whole Foods OKC, our deadly spiders better be bigger than Tulsa's.

and deadlier, and our telly heads will be brighter, have greater presence, and be a danged sight more enjoyable to invite into our living rooms.

Or something like that.

18. Default Re: Whole Foods...

Quote Originally Posted by jstanthrnme View Post
    I was thinking Classen Curve.

The text I recieved said "CHK is bldng a whole foods grocry stor here on campus"
    So did you manage to drag any additional info out of your friend? We must acquire all of the knowledge that he/she has attained!

No waterboarding though.

We go to Dallas at least once a month specifically to buy from Whole Foods and Central Market. OKC can sure be behind the times sometimes. I wish we could get a higher end market with more variety than what's currently available.

Quote Originally Posted by atlanta159 View Post
    We go to Dallas at least once a month specifically to buy from Whole Foods and Central Market. OKC can sure be behind the times sometimes. I wish we could get a higher end market with more variety than what's currently available.
    Why not just go to Tulsa and shop at the one there?

21. Default Re: Whole Foods...

Quote Originally Posted by atlanta159 View Post
    Here we go again blaming OKC for being behind the times. When are you people going to realize that not all of this is OKC's fault. Right now on Whole Foods' message boards there are four active threads begging Whole Foods for an OKC location.

And yet, Whole Foods continues to ignore our plea. So go ahead, blame OKC for the f**king sky caving in. I am tired of watching you people badmouth Oklahoma City for a piss-ant American stereotype while the people of OKC wants the world for their city. Get a reality check.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

I think it would be better for the people on these boards to lobby Homeland, Crest, Buy For Less or Reasor's to build a Whole Foods type store. Why should our hard earned money go to an out of state company?

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
    Here we go again blaming OKC for being behind the times. When are you people going to realize that not all of this is OKC's fault. Right now on Whole Foods' message boards there are four active threads begging Whole Foods for an OKC location.

And yet, Whole Foods continues to ignore our plea. So go ahead, blame OKC for the f**king sky caving in. I am tired of watching you people badmouth Oklahoma City for a piss-ant American stereotype while the people of OKC wants the world for their city. Get a reality check.
    I think the frustration lies in the fact that OKC was on a decline for many years and was a stagnant, uninspiring city that did not have a good reputation not only regionally but nationally.The city has made alot of improvements and has started to care about their surroundings and are doing more to make the city more appealing and not so backwards. You can't blame some people for wanting progress for their city which includes great shopping, restaurants, and yes, even decent grocery stores. As to why WF doesn't locate a store in OKC could lie that perhaps the demographics just are not there? Would OKC support a WF or Central Market? Is the disposable income high enough for them to shop there? That remains to be seen.

Seems to me if the demand is there, it would be possible for Wally World or WallYWorld GrubMarts to have at least a section that is WFish.

I suspect it's sorta of like Wally doesn't stock dobros and dulcimers. Sure there's an interest within the market, but not enough to viably chase after it.

progressiveboy, again, as the poster stated, OKC WANTS a WHOLE FOODS, Nordstrom, and upscale retail and grocery. The retailers have refused to come so far. We've done what we can to lobby for things we don't have. And YES, no question OKC could support a whole foods or a Central Market. As Central Market stated before, they have NO INTENTION of locating outside of Texas. Tulsa has no problem supporting a Whole Foods and their demographics are smaller than OKC. We could probably support several of them.

kevinpate, Walmart does have an upscale urban concept, Marketside Marketside

Thread Information