Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheeseburger In Paradise Closed

1. Default Cheeseburger In Paradise Closed

Cheeseburgers on Memorial, U-Haul box truck is backed up to the front doors, signage is off the building, just like Carrabba's next door. Can't find anything so far on a search as to why Cheeseburger's closed.
    Last edited by VintageRacer; 01-13-2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: added information

Default Re: Cheeseburger In Paradise Closed

another one bites the dust by queen has been strolling through my head for some time now. hopefully all these restaurants will come back when the economy recovers in 6-12 months.

i will miss the mini cheeseburgers.

Quote Originally Posted by VintageRacer View Post
    Can't find anything so far on a search as to why Cheeseburger's closed.
    'Cause it sucked?

Unhappy Re: Cheeseburger In Paradise Closed

This sucks! That was one of my favorite restaurants!!!!

Dang that was one of my favorite places to go when I came to town...was a nice place with good food.

That sucks! There were always cars there when I drove by. I saw the uhaul there too when I was on kilpatrick heading east yesterday. I got scared when I saw it there. Looked liked alot of cars were there then, but they may have been people loading stuff up.

Too bad, really liked the place alot.

I just read that Cheeseburger in Paradise, Carrabas, and Outback are owned by OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC. OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC

We've lost Cheeseburger in Paradise, Carrabas, are we going to lose Outback? I'm not sure if these are franchises or not. I didn't get that far into their website.

Hmmmmm......another mediocre chain restaurant closure on Memorial, the restaurant cemetery.

Ya know, I get a burger almost anywhere I go to eat out. But when it comes to a place that specializes in burgers, I'm out. Never ate there once and hope I'll never eat there if it does return for future business.

I wonder how long its gonna be until the new steakhouse over by quail closes down too? And then the Opus. Rickey's Cafe over at Memorial and Western looks like its closed down too. No cars there yesterday or today.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Ya know, I get a burger almost anywhere I go to eat out. But when it comes to a place that specializes in burgers, I'm out. Never ate there once and hope I'll never eat there if it does return for future business.
    Not to threadjack, but your post has me ...

You get a burger most of the time when you go out to eat, but you won't go to a place that specialized in burgers?

It may be a loss for visitors and people who like Jimmy Buffett, but it's not a loss for the burger-lover's in the Metro. We have plenty of local burger joints that make much better burgers. I suppose the owner's of Cheeseburger might blame the economy, but I can't help but wonder if all of our local burger joints have loyal-enough customer's that Cheeseburger couldn't support itself.

Ouch... i hate this... I loved that place.

I thought it was decent. Fun times for going out too. Oh well

When I found out they took Crabcake Sliders off the menu, I never returned. Although I did like their Island Ale and thought it was cool that the overhead doors opened.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

You get a burger most of the time when you go out to eat, but you won't go to a place that specialized in burgers?
    I love a good cheeseburger, but this place's stock in trade was alcohol. Burgers were a joke. Family went there once and when we actually ordered burgers, no alcoholic drinks, service sucked rocks, and the burgers were average at best.

Sorry if folks liked the place, but it is no great loss IMHO. Heck, for my money, Johnnie's makes much better burgers.

pretty good $300 margaritas but no big loss...Then again I'm not one to drive from 19th in Moore to Memorial for a burger

18. Default Re: Cheeseburger In Paradise Closed

For a place supposedly specializing in burgers, they sure were mediocre. I won't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

LOL, it's all good. Yesterday, in my head, I was thinking how greasy a burgerfest place like this would be and that I just wouldn't want to get addicted to it. It's all about self control and its just that I have to stay away. I wanna keep my body healthy, as opposed to my mind that says 'yummy, yummy, yummy'.

20. Default Re: Cheeseburger In Paradise Closed

It's like the Italian food thread. Everybody has a different taste. I had two or three great trips to Cheeseburgers in Paradise and loved each one. My last trip was on my birthday when my Wife and daughter took me there for a casual birthday lunch on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I loved the atmosphere and the burgers weren't just beef, lettuce, tomato and mustard or hickory sauce. They had all kinds of burgers. I had the Cuban burger on my birthday with salsa on the burger. When was the least time you had salsa on your burger along with a couple different kinds of cheeses and served on a flat bread? It was delicious! Maybe the memories of my daughter taking me for a special day plays in, but I'll miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    LOL, it's all good. Yesterday, in my head, I was thinking how greasy a burgerfest place like this would be and that I just wouldn't want to get addicted to it. It's all about self control and its just that I have to stay away. I wanna keep my body healthy, as opposed to my mind that says 'yummy, yummy, yummy'.

That implies that the two are mutually contradictory. Don't get trapped in the villain food theology. A burger once in a while won't hurt you, no matter how many times the food police say "Evil!"

IMHO, a good burger isn't greasy. The meat should retain some of the juice for flavor, but if its just dripping, that's nasty. The extra flavor and juices come from fresh tomatoes, grilled onions, lettuce, and the other good stuff you can put on them.

Now if you do a burger every night, that's a different story, but who on earth would do that... .

-soonerdave

I'll miss the Island Ale and the Chicken Satay. I never had a burger there! I think it's problem was, it was trying to be a restaurant when they should have focused on the bar aspect, but we're still trying to be "family friendly".

Anybody know what's going in where the Bennigan's used to be across the way? Next door to the now leveled Steak N Ale?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Now if you do a burger every night, that's a different story, but who on earth would do that... .

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    -soonerdave
    The guy from 'Super Size Me'

Quote Originally Posted by namellac View Post
    Anybody know what's going in where the Bennigan's used to be across the way? Next door to the now leveled Steak N Ale?
    It is being discussed on another thread. Here is the link:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-are...igans-now.html

Thread Information