Widgets Magazine

Thread: Children's Museum of Oklahoma City?

Default Children's Museum of Oklahoma City?

Why doesn't Okc have a children's museum?

I just got back from MSP, MN, and during my trip discovered a downtown Children's Museum. This place was unbelievable for small kids and the whole family. I started looking into other locations and noticed that Okc is one of the few cities that doesn't have one. If anyone has ever been to one of these "Children's Museums" then you know what I am talking about.

http://www.mcm.org/

I think we should add this to our list of wants in the MAPs 3 vote. A downtown location would be great for this, or it could be located in the adventure district. But the location in downtown St. Paul was a sight to be seen during the christmas holiday season.

Default Re: Children's Museum of Oklahoma City?

Does the Omniplex, excuse me... Science Museum Oklahoma not count?

3. Default Re: Children's Museum of Oklahoma City?

Yeah Science Museum Oklahoma is pretty much a children's museum, among other things.

Then there is also the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History in Norman, which is very child-friendly, as well as the Jasmine Moran Children's Museum in Seminole.

There's also a group that's working to open a children's museum in Stillwater. Their tentative opening date is in 2011 and thus far barely any work has been done at the future location (former Katz building in downtown Stillwater) but I figure it's worth mentioning.

More info: Welcome to the Stillwater Children's Museum Website

I am new here and not sure if this will post or not. I totally agree with okclee, there seems to be a lot of other states that have more options for children. There is a museum in Seminole I would really love to check out. Here is the link to that site.
    The Jasmine Moran Children's Museum

is the childrens museum in seminole big like the oklahoma science museum or is it small to where you can see everything in 30 minutes?

7. Default Re: Children's Museum of Oklahoma City?

Let the adolescent step in and give his two cents.

Omniplex [I'm still partial to that] rocks. Its been a couple years since I went there and I imagine its changed a lot.

Jasmine Moran's Children Musuem. If you haven't been there as a kid, then you are neglected. I'm 16 and I wanna go back to that place. Its very cool for kids and I'm sure you can't check it out in just thirty minutes. You'll need more than that. Kids will LOOOVE that.

Take it from the kid. :]

^^ how would you compare the JM Children's museum and the Omniplex aka Ok science museum??

Chattanooga has the best children’s museum I have ever been to. I could spend hours playing the with the model river. You architecture type need check out the building on the link.

Creative Discovery Museum - Chattanooga, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Madilynsmomma View Post
    I am new here and not sure if this will post or not. I totally agree with okclee, there seems to be a lot of other states that have more options for children. There is a museum in Seminole I would really love to check out. Here is the link to that site.
    The Jasmine Moran Children's Museum
    A lot of states that have more options for children? Nearly -all- of OKC's museums are for children. The Cowboy Hall of Fame, Omniplex/Science Museum, the Seminole museum, the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History, the OKC Zoo, and so on.

> working to open a children's museum in Stillwater.

Didn't OSU actually open decades ago?

The Cowboy Hall of Fame.. I have lived here all my life and never been to the cowboy hall of fame, what is this exactly kust pictures of country> stuffed horses and statues? is there any interactive stuff and fun stuff for young children... looking for something indoors to do this weekend with my kids.. we have a zoo membership but way to cold this weekend, so needing some indoor things to do

The Cowboy Hall (now the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum) is not to be missed if you have not been. My little nephews have a great time there. They have an entire building dedicated to children that is interactive. There is also an old western town set up inside the main building. They kids might also enjoy the rodeo exhibits. And do not miss the great hall with the scenes of the west paintings. They are truly awe inspiring in their size and coloring. Plus, they gardens are very nice (probably not the best time of year for that). And I did not even mention the world class art museum. Oh, and the gift shop is a favorite for kids as well.

Prunepicker Guest

Prunette and I have found that the city and state parks are very kid friendly.
    Kids get to use their mental faculties instead of having their brains filled with
    video and electronic stimulation.

It's incredible what a 12 year young boy can create with a stick in his hand while
    walking along the trails.

Thread Information