Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you all think about Flat Tire Burgers?

Default What do you all think about Flat Tire Burgers?

Just wondering!

I've eaten there a few times and really like it. I think its awefull cramped in there, and we've gotten bad service, but the food is good. I think we've gotten decent service 1 time.

Default Re: What do you all think about Flat Tire Burgers?

I've never eaten there but have driven by a time or two and was curious about it.

One of the best burgers you can have.

Great food, all around!

4. Default Re: What do you all think about Flat Tire Burgers?

I like it. I'm surprised that you had bad service in there though. Every time I've been in there, the service has been decent. Maybe I've been in there the good times?

5. Default Re: What do you all think about Flat Tire Burgers?

Haven't been in awhile. However, when I did go it was pretty good. Not as good as the hype but still pretty good.

The burger was good, but the fries were terrible. And the service was bad. There are about a million other places we can get better burgers, fries, and service in Edmond, so we don't go there. The only really nice thing I can say is that it's really close to UCO, which sometimes makes it worth it to go.

Flat Tire was horrible. I can get better burger and fries too many other places, even Carl Jrs and Red Robin is better. Service was pretty bad too. The burgers there are too soggy and fries are too greasy.

Hate to read these reviews. New to the area and have found Flat Tire to have great burgers. Atmosphere fitting for a campus location. Nothing fancy but a great burger.

We like Flat Tire. Pretty darned good burgers! We go when there is no crowd and the service has been decent. If it's really crowded we avoid it. I love the chilli fries and jalepino cheese burgers.

10. Default Re: What do you all think about Flat Tire Burgers?

My wife and I went there for the first time a couple weeks ago. Our service was more than satisfactory, and the fried pickles (which I had never tried before) were excellent. I got a basic bacon cheeseburger, and my wife went with the Blowout, the one that comes with a fried egg. She said it was surprisingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    My wife and I went there for the first time a couple weeks ago. Our service was more than satisfactory, and the fried pickles (which I had never tried before) were excellent. I got a basic bacon cheeseburger, and my wife went with the Blowout, the one that comes with a fried egg. She said it was surprisingly good.
    Sounds like an Australian burger. We just got back from OZ and they serve their burgers with a fried egg and a beet slice. Different, but good!

I like Flatire for the most part and the service there is usually pretty good unless it's really busy.

13. Default Re: What do you all think about Flat Tire Burgers?

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC Instructor View Post
    Sounds like an Australian burger. We just got back from OZ and they serve their burgers with a fried egg and a beet slice. Different, but good!
    a beet slice? that's different. have to try that one. i love burgers with fried eggs and a thick slice of melty cheddar.

its has been a while since i've been to flat tire, but i've never had bad food or service there. one of my few places in town i'll order a burger. their fish tacos are really good, also.

the jalapeno burger on jalapeno bun with bacon is really good.

15. Default Re: What do you all think about Flat Tire Burgers?

Not a big fan of flat tire, but love Ron's!

I am a fried pickle addict!!

I got back to Edmond from DC last spring, moved back into my place by Shannon Miller park. Haven't been to this place yet, it's literally a 2 minute walk from my place. I'm going to make a trip this weekend before heading out to Bricktown with friends.

What should I get?

18. Default Re: What do you all think about Flat Tire Burgers?

I enjoy Flat Tire. Yes, it's greasy...but that's kind of what I expected. Chicken strips are good, too. If you order the s'mores dessert, they bring out fire and all the fixin's and you make them. Pretty cool, actually.

Went there with classmates between morning and afternoon classes this summer. Enjoyed a nice cheap beer with my chicken. I felt very European having my beer before class ha.
    Still corrupting young minds

Our family has always enjoyed Flat Tire. Its our "go to" burger place when we want something more than just fast food. We love the college atmosphere. We have only occasionally experienced bad service, but normally the service is pretty good. We've tried lots of the various burgers and have liked them all, except for the time our son ordered a chicken burger. It was his own fault-he thought it would be a chicken breast, not a ground chicken patty. My husband is hooked on their homemade potato chips, and we all love their chicken strips. Yum! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

I just recently tried FTB and although very good, I was disappointed how small the burgers were. I was later told they used to be alot bigger.

Flat Tire is really good, but I also think the Burgers are way too small for the price. Of course maybe so many Okie's wouldn't be over weight if more places had smaller servings.

Let's see a picture.

I haven't eaten there in a few months. I always thought the size was about right. Hope they haven't reduced them since I've eaten there!

They already did that at Pop's!

This is their so-called JUMBO burger. The regular size is smaller than this.

I think their burgers are great! I love the jalapeno bun and even their cheese queso is excellent.

The same guy that owns it owns Lottenvilles, and that is a fabulous restaurant off of Kelly south of 15th st.

I believe the original intent was to just be a college hang out with inexpensive burgers and a cool atmosphere for college students, but the owner was unable to obtain a liquor license form the city for some strange excuse that it was too close to the college??
    Anyway, they started seeing more upscale customers coming in so they upped their prices. They used to have a “Student Special” which was burger, fries, and a drink for $5 but now I think it is $9.00! Still really good food, but I think is now a tad overpriced..

Thread Information