Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76

Thread: Moronic Del City Officials

  1. Default Moronic Del City Officials

    Well... Take it from an ex-resident, I know for sure just how stupid the Del City officials had done.

    Del City Apartments To Evict Residents - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

    I lived at Eagle Point for nearly 3 years and only moved away from there due to bigger space with lower rent at Sunnyview. If mom had not made me look at Sunnyview when I decided to renew yearly contract at Eagle Point, I would be staying there comfortly, but I am thankful to already have moved away before the idiotic harassment from the Del City officials terrorizing the residents.

    Honestly, the Eagle Point complex is fine. It is being kept clean and maintained. That complex was for sure seeing improvements. At no time is there any reason to "evict" the remaining residents that resides in the great-kept buildings.

    Del City officials... If you're reading this... You've failed!

    I came close to switching units (from one floor to two floors) at Eagle Point. Sunnyview have a fireplace, bigger space, a half-bath downstair, and washer/dryer connections is why I chose to move.

    Del City officials... Keep it up, there won't be any apartments left in the city.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    why are they evicting residents?

  3. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    That's one of the complexes owned by the California group that had been doing things to the buildings that made them unsafe and the city has been condeming the whole complex building by building for months. It really shouldn't have been a surprise since they've been boarding up doors and windows there for MONTHS now. As they described it, they had been going so far as to cut the 2X4 studs that are the structure of the building, so they could use them for other purposes. The owner has a long history of bringing apartments down and making them horrible. They also own Kristi Manor on Sooner, which is also being comdemed building by building until it can be torn down. I know it's crappy to be told you have to move out, but they warned everyone many months ago about what was going to happen.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Don't be so sure they're so moronic. Have you seen this video from KFOR?

    http://www.kfor.com/global/video/pop...nsumer&h1=City

    It starts at Kristie Manor, but moves to Eagle Point second. The footage they got makes me wonder how people haven't gotten sick living there.

  5. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    I'm glad to see them going down.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Although it's unforunate that these people are being kicked out of their homes, I can't say that I'm sad to see these apartments go. They are a blight on the city, but that's the least of it. They are unsafe, and truly a hazard to the people living there.

    Not only are these complexes, Kristie Manor and Eagle Point, structurally unsound, they are rife with deadly black mold. This type of mold can cause severe respiratory distress and brain damage, and children are especially vulnerable to it. And you can bet there are a lot of children living in these units.

    I say kudos to Del City for condemning these complexes. The owner is a well-known slumlord, who should be in jail for all I'm concerned. The tenants of these complexes, who are paying their hard-earned money to live there, deserve much, much better than what they are getting.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    according to the Oklahoman it was the apartment management and owner were the ones that ordered the residents to move out at Jan 1. Not the city.

    according to the Oklahoman the city only condemned some vacant apartments for habitation.

    Now thats according to the Oklahomanhttp://www.newsok.com/del-city-tenan...rticle/3333398

  8. #8

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Honestly...would you want to live there? Even in the "good" apartments? It's a hardship, especially at this time of the year, but the residents are ultimately being done a real favor.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    That's one of the complexes owned by the California group that had been doing things to the buildings that made them unsafe and the city has been condeming the whole complex building by building for months. It really shouldn't have been a surprise since they've been boarding up doors and windows there for MONTHS now. As they described it, they had been going so far as to cut the 2X4 studs that are the structure of the building, so they could use them for other purposes. The owner has a long history of bringing apartments down and making them horrible. They also own Kristi Manor on Sooner, which is also being comdemed building by building until it can be torn down. I know it's crappy to be told you have to move out, but they warned everyone many months ago about what was going to happen.
    kristi manor..thats the one right next to tinker that would flood all the time right?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Quote Originally Posted by jsibelius View Post
    don't be so sure they're so moronic. Have you seen this video from kfor?

    http://www.kfor.com/global/video/pop...nsumer&h1=city

    it starts at kristie manor, but moves to eagle point second. The footage they got makes me wonder how people haven't gotten sick living there.
    omg wow that is horrible!

  11. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    That video from KFOR is more graphic.

    I do feel that Kristie's Manor should be completely torn down. I feel strongly that Eagle Point should not be torn down. Best I can remember is one building that should be torn down (if not possible to restore), but the rest of the complex is fairly good.

    Since all of these apartments are sold together constantly, I do have to say that about 2 months ago, these were sold again and is currently under new ownership/management. People at Eagle Point is working hard. I checked out their one bedroom loft/townhouse and it was totally up to statisifaction. I almost moved into there until I found better deals at Sunnyview.

    Eagle Point stands a great chance of acceptable recovery.

    Here is something else I want to toss in...

    Each year, the City of Del City have this "Christmas Lights Contest" in which of the 4 wards is divided up. There is a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each of the 4 wards. This is for the residential category. There is also a business category contest as well. Guess what? Residents in an apartment never enjoy the benefit of being in a contest. Never! I've contacted the officials about this, but they felt that apartment residents are not worthy enough to take part in such contest. No apartment category?! Both thumbs down to the city.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Each year, the City of Del City have this "Christmas Lights Contest" in which of the 4 wards is divided up. There is a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each of the 4 wards. This is for the residential category. There is also a business category contest as well. Guess what? Residents in an apartment never enjoy the benefit of being in a contest. Never! I've contacted the officials about this, but they felt that apartment residents are not worthy enough to take part in such contest. No apartment category?! Both thumbs down to the city.
    I wonder how many residents of apartments have their electricity bill as part of their rent. I wonder if that is one reason. Another, is the liability that could come from apartment dwellers crawling around hanging lights. And let's face it, a lot of apartment dwellers who get a full head of steam about putting UP lights would just as soon leave 'em up later on when the Christmas spirit has passed. Yes, I know that is unfair to a lot of apartment dwellers. I also remember that I had a different take on such things when I was renting instead of owning. And was younger.

  13. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    I found a story on NewsOK (9) and I was going to paste it on here, but the whole browser shut down. I really hate this temp comp. It mentioned that the residents of the condemed buildings have until the 1st to vacant. It also went on to say that the remaining residents have until the 15th to vacant.

    EXCUSE ME??? The city is shutting down the entire complex and forcing people to flee!

    But...look on the bright side... The city will have to choke on the $25,000 water and garbage debt-o-land.

    It really make me steam hotter than the sun to see how these residents in great buildings to be evicted. Now, that is way too far.

    Thankfully I am now living on the other side of the 44th street.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    are the Eagle Point apartments they are speaking of the old Autumn Glenn apartments? If they are then they were not much to speak of back when they were under the Autumn Glenn name so I would have to agree that they need to go.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Regardless of who told the tenants that they had to leave, surely it is better to have fewer decent apartments than allow people to live like this. These conditions must have been obvious to the tenants for some time, so it should come as no surprise that Del City condemned the buildings. As for the unpaid bills, they were probably never going to be paid anyway, if the buildings were allowed to deteriorate as much as this.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Regardless of rent prices, I would not let my dog, or for that matter, my very expensive ex-wife live in any or the apartments they have shown.

    If the officials had done nothing and people became sick or injured, all we would hear is how the sorry Del City Officals failed to do their job!!!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Okie View Post
    I wonder how many residents of apartments have their electricity bill as part of their rent. I wonder if that is one reason. Another, is the liability that could come from apartment dwellers crawling around hanging lights. And let's face it, a lot of apartment dwellers who get a full head of steam about putting UP lights would just as soon leave 'em up later on when the Christmas spirit has passed. Yes, I know that is unfair to a lot of apartment dwellers. I also remember that I had a different take on such things when I was renting instead of owning. And was younger.
    Many homeowners do this. I've been surrounded by them for years, including one a few years ago who decided their icicle lights made good porch lights for a whole year. Yeah, your comment IS unfair to apartment dwellers.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Unfair to SOME apartment dwellers, certainly. But I said that on the front end. And I never said anything about home owners one way or the other. The difference is that they can leave stuff up on their own property but apartment dwellers live in buildings owned by someone else.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    So Thunder, let me get this right. Over half the buildings at eagle point are boarded up . Windows are broken out, I saw several doors kicked in. Water is gushing out of a building wall. There is raw sewage in the parking lot. I peaked in some of the open apartments and saw black mold, falling sheet rock and standing water.

    I drove through the parking lot and noticed a bare slab from I guess a fire years ago and no fence around the swimming pool.

    The pictures that the news station showed covered several different apartments. Did you see the one pic of the ceiling light with water in it. That is an electrocution waiting to happen. What about the one interview of the deaf man with mold growing in the apartment he was living in.................We are talking about the same apartment complex arent we??????????

    And about the city chocking on the lost $25,000, how absolutely childish and uneducated a statement. Dont you realize that all the other tax payers of Del city will have to make up that difference some how.?????????????????/

    Why would you take such childish glee about such revenue loss??????????????

    And why would you call the Del City officials moronic for closing down a hell hole of squalor and filth that no sane person should be forced to live in........???
    If that apartment complex that I saw in the news reports is your definition of a fine place to live, I would hate to see what you thought was bad...................

    Please dont bother to reply, I can only absorb so much cupidity in a day.........

  20. #20

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    are the Eagle Point apartments they are speaking of the old Autumn Glenn apartments? If they are then they were not much to speak of back when they were under the Autumn Glenn name so I would have to agree that they need to go.
    Yes the old Autumn Glenn apartments.............Not much left of them is there

  21. #21

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Okie View Post
    Unfair to SOME apartment dwellers, certainly. But I said that on the front end. And I never said anything about home owners one way or the other. The difference is that they can leave stuff up on their own property but apartment dwellers live in buildings owned by someone else.
    Ok, yes...you did say "a lot" of apartment dwellers. But the implication in your post as I read it was that apartment dwellers would put stuff up and never take it down and homeowners (unspoken, or house renters for that matter) would never do this. Especially when you commented on your own thought process as a renter. I thought this was indeed unfair.

    But I do agree that apartment renters should not be allowed to climb around on their buildings and hang lights because of the potential liability issue. I further agree that lighting contests could certainly include an apartment category because many people have windows and balconies that can certainly be decorated nicely.

    And now, I think we're hijacking this thread, which I think is a pretty important one.

  22. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    So Thunder, let me get this right. Over half the buildings at eagle point are boarded up . Windows are broken out, I saw several doors kicked in. Water is gushing out of a building wall. There is raw sewage in the parking lot. I peaked in some of the open apartments and saw black mold, falling sheet rock and standing water.

    I drove through the parking lot and noticed a bare slab from I guess a fire years ago and no fence around the swimming pool.

    The pictures that the news station showed covered several different apartments. Did you see the one pic of the ceiling light with water in it. That is an electrocution waiting to happen. What about the one interview of the deaf man with mold growing in the apartment he was living in.................We are talking about the same apartment complex arent we??????????

    And about the city chocking on the lost $25,000, how absolutely childish and uneducated a statement. Dont you realize that all the other tax payers of Del city will have to make up that difference some how.?????????????????/

    Why would you take such childish glee about such revenue loss??????????????

    And why would you call the Del City officials moronic for closing down a hell hole of squalor and filth that no sane person should be forced to live in........???
    If that apartment complex that I saw in the news reports is your definition of a fine place to live, I would hate to see what you thought was bad...................

    Please dont bother to reply, I can only absorb so much cupidity in a day.........
    Just making sure you realize that Kristie Manor is not Eagle Point.

    The statement you've given is a lot more in sense for Kristie Manor.

    Most of the buildings at Eagle Point is suitable for habitat.

    I laughed so hard when you said there was no fence around the pools. Those pools started to not being maintained about a year or two ago, but they sure do have a fence.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Those pools started to not being maintained about a year or two ago, but they sure do have a fence.
    You have just made everyone else's point about the place.

    Not being maintained a year or two ago.............doesnt sound like a great place to me............does it you????just asking
    About the fences, dont you think you better go look for your self???????????//

    and what about all the raw sewage in the back half of the complex?????????

    Ok you been out of there a while, go look again

  24. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Thunder, you're all alone here man. If you had a pleasant experience at that complex, you are definitely in the minority. We can aknowledge the fact that there could have been a few units that weren't completely crapped out. But again, that isn't the case for most of the complex. And surely you would noticed a problem as unit by unit, the whole complex was being boarded up over the last 6 months. And Kristie Manor....the fire was probably the best thing to happen there because it gave the city a chance to step in.

    Oh and by the way, the cost the city has put out will be charged back to the owners. The residents of Del City will not have to pay out of their pockets for this. Even if they have to go to court over it, the owner is given the bill. That's how condemnation works, the owner pays.

  25. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

    Shouldn't there be some legal process for past owners to own up to the bills rather than the current new owner?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Frontier City
    By okcpulse in forum Development & Buildings
    Replies: 715
    Last Post: 08-16-2021, 04:50 PM
  2. Del City Police
    By Thunder in forum Midwest City/Del City
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 02:36 PM
  3. The NBA in OKC Megathread
    By HOT ROD in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 320
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 05:46 AM
  4. City Council will talk about sell of Bricktown lot today
    By metro in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 02:34 PM
  5. KC Star: One and done for OKC?
    By JWil in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-18-2007, 04:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO