Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moronic Del City Officials

Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

I believe the current owner was well aware of the problems when the property was purchased. All debts are assumed when the property is purchased unless otherwise specified in the purchase agreement. If there was some problem with the property that the previous owner was aware of but did not disclose to the current owner, he can sue the previous owner. That is the legal process available to make the previous owner pay the bills.

There are no "new owners". The current owners bought the property in 2005. The "under new ownership" signs seen since then have been nothing but a marketing ploy. These buildings are disgusting, and no one should be allowed to live there. If animals were found in these buildings, it would be considered animal cruelty. If prisoners were found there, the state jail inspector would shut them down. Look at the video- City Inspectors could not even go in to these places without respirators.

Well, that's not surprising, given the slumlord this guy seems to be.

4. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

When I was there, the last manager I've seen took over a few months ago and she was with a company >>> "Mayan" or something close similar spelling had recently bought ownership. So, from her words, all I know is that there is new ownership the past few months. She was bustin her behind to get things improved, but it all comes down to company budget provided available to her team.

There is no new owner ship just the same ole. Many be a new manager but nothing else.................................

6. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

I read the Sunday Sun today and discovered what the Del City Police (aka Clowns) are doing. Anyone caught warming their car on a cold morning with at least one door unlocked will be ticketed over $100.

I understand their claim that these people warming up their car is an open invitation to crime theft, but the ticket price is a bit too far. There was nothing said about a 1st time warning, but it is most likely the Clowns is desperate for cold cash.

Cold cash, oh the irony!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I read the Sunday Sun today and discovered what the Del City Police (aka Clowns) are doing. Anyone caught warming their car on a cold morning with at least one door unlocked will be ticketed over $100.

I understand their claim that these people warming up their car is an open invitation to crime theft, but the ticket price is a bit too far. There was nothing said about a 1st time warning, but it is most likely the Clowns is desperate for cold cash.

Cold cash, oh the irony!
    what does this have to do with Eagle slumland?

We already know you dont like the police any police.............why rehash that old festering arrest? Has the snitch got out of jail yet???????????

Leaving a car running with the keys in the ignition is not just a Del City Ordinance. It is a state law and is enforced everywhere.

They would rather give the idiots who leave their cars running a ticket as get into a high speed pursuit with a stolen car that has a kid in the back.

Hum a mom leaves her car running with an infant in the back seat and then screams on the tv station "MY BABYYYYYYYYYY" when the car gets stolen.....OMG...........get real thunder.......................

I drove by the Kristie Manor apartments yesterday and today and it looks like they are mostly vacated. I never realized just how bad the condition of this complex was in outward appearance until I was actually paying attention. There is a unit that has obvious fire damage on the side that faces 29th. There is a lot of debris and standing water in the parking lot. There are also many doors hanging open and broken windows, which is hazardous in my opinion. I hope the city makes haste in the demolition.

9. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    We already know you dont like the police any police.............why rehash that old festering arrest? Has the snitch got out of jail yet???????????
    Just the Del City police department. They're corrupted. MWC police department does their jobs more honestly. OKC is...well...one of them killed a family dog out of pure joy shooting.

What snitch?

10. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

Why do I feel this thread is more of a Jerry Springer show than anything?

Probably because the OP leads one in that direction.

You should see the one about walls bargin center.............

12. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

Wow Thunder....uh how inaccurate can a statement about police departments be. FYI - I have a cousin that works for the Del City PD. He is about opposite of everything you say as you can get. Honest hard worker that just got back from serving his country. Next time you want to make a blanket statment like that, keep that crap to yourself. You are the moronic idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    ...one of them killed a family dog out of pure joy shooting.
    I'm guessing the dog wasn't a miniature schnauzer.

14. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Wow Thunder....uh how inaccurate can a statement about police departments be. FYI - I have a cousin that works for the Del City PD. He is about opposite of everything you say as you can get. Honest hard worker that just got back from serving his country. Next time you want to make a blanket statment like that, keep that crap to yourself. You are the moronic idiot.
    I don't know who your cousin is, but I do know certain officers there that buried witnesses and truths just to go after someone. Fortunately, they failed since the DA recently dropped charges due someone came close to dropping a huge bombshell aganist the DA team and the officiers that filed reports.

As you had said about your cousin, I hope he doesn't get himself mixed up in a situation with the other corruputed officers. It's sad to see how bad cops can turn a good cop into their way.

Thunder, for somebody who doesn't live in Del City anymore, you sure do spend an awful lot of time and effort caring about what goes on there.

Sorry if something bad happened to you there, but to complain about the city's retail stores, police, apartment condemnations, "moronic" (or whatever you called them) city officials, new development, land transactions, etc...

Does your back hurt from the giant chip on your shoulder?

The word "troll" comes to mind, even...

16. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

Every city in the world has good and bad people working in every department...just like every other company. It's like someone saying that because one person gave someone a ticket, that the whole department must be full of jerks. It's over exaggerating and completely blowing the situations out of proportion. Everywhere has a few bad apples, but stop trying to make it sound like the whole city of del city is one big corrupt group of people....beacuse it's not.

17. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

why are people so quick to throw the word troll out.

is that as bad as "moronic idiots" and "all pooolice are corrupt"?

I posted a blog about this and some pictures here... Del City’s Challenges and Opportunities

Wow, now you put some great work into that piece .........You were busy today.....

Thunder is and always been a crabby and crab infested never was been.
    If it wasn't for sites like this no one will notice his mindless and blanket statements.
    My suggestion is to ignore him/it.
    Sooner or later the nut cops will find him and put him into a psyc ward.
    I hope I fed his nonsense mind and paranoria.

22. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

PLM, that's a nice blog.

The area that you had spoken of being the forbidden zone....are you sure? It wasn't that long ago it was filled with a major trailer park during its time. Just how much of the area is forbidden? There is a house in that area, too. I think it is odd to have it forbidden, since there is tons of buildings all around this one small area.

I could never understand why that new Albertsons building at the time had a huge banner "Thank You TAFB". It seem that the entire city have to battle TAFB to develop.

I can't wait for the constructions to speed up. This will be really interesting to see how they're going to work with the creek. I hope they will keep it and add fountains.

Honestly Thunder I have no idea whether any of it is officially forbidden. I just hear things like everything else. Nothing official.

As far as Albertsons/Williams/Homeland, I am sure a lot of that is just an assumption that half the Del City population works at Tinker. I know my wife and I both work at Tinker in a program office. I can wallk to that store from my house.

24. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

The area on Sooner has been "discouraged" from development by Tinker since it's inception. The NW/SE runway is the reason, and we all know that. It's the tired crap of the fligth path that Tinker has thrown on us for decades. There were several steps that sort of eventually made Tinker stuff it. 1 was a tornado way back in the late 80's early 90's ( can't remember exactlly when it was) that took out the old methodist church camp where the Tinker Industrial Park is now. The land was bough up and the process bagan to change then and there. Because buildings started going in, the complaints started rolling in too. "If they can put people there, why can't someone else?"

Poeple love to create elaborate stories about why nothing else was ever developed, but there really isn't any magic crazy answer. It's basic and easy to understand. No one wanted to develop. Even Wal-Mart came in and was scared off by Tinker. This was supposed to be the origional Super Center site, a full decade before they moved anywhere. MWC also refused a conversion of the Reno/Midwest building because of the size of the parking lot....thank goodness they did. I'd rather have an empty wally world there than that ghetto walmart....and MWC didn't exactlly come out losing money with 29th coming in at the same time...but I digress.

So even when there were interested developers, they didn't have the balls to say, "you know what, I'm going to go ahead and develop because I know it's going to work, and I know Tinker is being their normal overly cautious weirdos. As the years went on, the opposition to devlopment decreased and Del City worked more and more to make the land attractive. That's one reason for the push to move the trailer park out. Opening up that plot of land created a much more attractive reactangle of land, a 1/2 mile long, to develop an amazing about of whatever.

The house....it's been there since it was farm land....before anyone even cared about anything over there, MWC and DC were both infants...not even...at the time it was built. Someone will have to offer HUGE sums of money to move them, or they'll have to take it with emminent domain. I would fully expect the house to pass through the family of whomever owns it so they can keep it. Wouldn't you want to keep your grandparents frontier home too?

25. Default Re: Moronic Del City Officials

What's being done right now on the northern side is a start, but I wish the process is quicker. Already a resturant is slowly coming along and it wouldn't be long before more buildings start to pop up. It will spread south. The people in the house will have to be prepared, because it wouldn't just work with having a lone house in the middle of a massive shopping center. Del City could officially rezone the entire area for business purpose and the house will have to go, unless someone comes up with a genius plan to convert it into a museum.

As for the shopping center plans, anyone know if the entire land is posted for sale? I wonder if we can get the developers of MWC 29th interested to expand their projects to this area. Another thing is that I hope good businesses take up spaces, not just cell phone and loan places.

I'm not looking for hotels in this area. Maybe a 10+ floors hotel in place of the Kristie Manor apartment. The rest, I want to see mega retailers in the mix with many smaller retailers and small businesses and all sorts of resturants.

Thread Information