Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Lights!

Default Christmas Lights!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but since Ski Island isn't as decked out as it used to be, I was wondering if anyone could suggest neighborhoods for checking out lights for my wife and I today. We always go through Nichols Hills and also the Heritage Hills area. We have gone down to the Myriad Gardens before, but its usually a pretty static display, so we may not go there. It is also always pretty cool to go through Chesapeake and see the trees they fix up.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else knows some neighborhoods that are mostly decorated. Thanks!

Default Re: Christmas Lights!

I don't know about neighborhoods but they showed a house that has the lights that go with the music on your car radio. I think the address was the 5600 block of NW 88th? Not sure the exact station but it 99. something.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan21 View Post
    I don't know about neighborhoods but they showed a house that has the lights that go with the music on your car radio. I think the address was the 5600 block of NW 88th? Not sure the exact station but it 99. something.
    I saw that story too but couldn't remember where the house was....

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan21 View Post
    Then if the station power is too high, it is operating against FCC regulations. If the signal can be in the next block, then it's likely against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Then if the station power is too high, it is operating against FCC regulations. If the signal can be in the next block, then it's likely against the rules.
    Well Bah Humbug to you too!

I found out the info on this one - here is the story from news9.com:

Animated Christmas displays are neat, but to make it even better, Bethany has an animated Christmas display timed to music.

It started out as a friendly competition between two neighbors. Now, seven houses participate in the animated Christmas display.

The lights move in time to four different songs every evening from 5:30 to 10 p.m. The best part is you can drive by and see it for free.

The display is located on the 2100 block of Markwell Avenue in Bethany. Tune your radio to 102.3 FM to hear the music.

MadMonk Guest

Been to Chickasha?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Been to Chickasha?
    I was thinking more in town...although I have heard good things

There's a house on NW 19th & Olie that's a must check out. That's just one block east of Western.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    There's a house on NW 19th & Olie that's a must check out. That's just one block east of Western.
    I'll Add it to the itinerary...

I can report that both the 19th&Olie and Markwell Avenue lights were well worth the trouble. Nichols Hills, while still nice, was not as decorated as usual.

This may be a little out of the way. But there is an amazing house in Norman that has lights synced with music. Take Hwy 9 east to 72nd. Go south about 0.5 mile.The house is on the right (west). I promise, you can't miss it. You pull in the drive way and park in the field to the right. I was there last night, there were at least 100 other cars there too (yes, it is THAT BIG!). The show runs from 6:00pm - 12:00am and lasts about 15-20 minutes. It is well worth the drive!

Anyone been to Yukon's Christmas in the Park? Take I-40 West to the Cornwell exit #137. Go east on NW 10th past the stoplight at Cornwell. There is a street called Holly that veers off to the right. It's right when you go past Homeland. Go straight down Holly, you won't miss it. It's amazing!!! Yes they do have a building that dances to lights. You can park your car to watch, and tune your radio to the station on the sign. My directions are probably terrible. You can MapQuest to the Yukon Community Center. Address is:

2200 S Holly Ave
    Yukon OK 73099

Sup! every1 try midwest city's lights off of S.E. 15th inbetween midwest blvd. and douglas! it is pretty nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    This may be a little out of the way. But there is an amazing house in Norman that has lights synced with music.
    The markwell Ave display is about 7 houses all synced - very very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Been to Chickasha?
    Not worth the drive or traffic once you get there.

me i like driving through kingwood addition during christmas off penn around between s.w 104th and 119th its really pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    me I like driving through kingswood addition during Christmas off Penn between SW 104th and 119th it's really pretty.
    Yes it is, but you might want to take turns driving (one drives while the passenger gawks...then switch) - I almost got creamed a couple of times last year because people weren't paying attention to the curves in the road...

yes that was probably me swerving, sorry about that lol. Thre is this one house in kingwood that has tons of l e d lights, its a sight to see, this house decorates all his trees that hang over the road, i like to open the sun roof and drive slowly underneath, my kids always have the amazed look on there face when we pass that house.. WE are going wensday night for our last look.

19. Default Re: Christmas Lights!

I've heard there is a beautiful home in Thornbrook off of Bryant Ave in Edmond - North of 150th/33rd.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    yes that was probably me swerving, sorry about that lol. Thre is this one house in kingwood that has tons of l e d lights, its a sight to see, this house decorates all his trees that hang over the road, i like to open the sun roof and drive slowly underneath, my kids always have the amazed look on there face when we pass that house.. WE are going wensday night for our last look.

LOL! Yep, that's where the traffic jam was!!

I think that house was "LED" when LED wasn't cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    I've heard there is a beautiful home in Thornbrook off of Bryant Ave in Edmond - North of 150th/33rd.
    I can verify this. We saw it a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty nice.

follow up on lights on NW 88th street. the address is 5816 and you turn to 99.5 on the radio. There is a story in the Friday newspaper about the student at PCN who designed it. I will have to go by!

23. Default Re: Christmas Lights!

What happened to Ski Island? I remember it was the best place on the planet to go for lights when I grew up in the city.

What happened?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

This is a great thread! San Angelo, I think, has the best Christmas lights on the planet, but I can't remember where they all are anymore. It's nice y'all can share where things are so I can find some lights in the new home.

But *nobody* decorates for Christmas better than a Mexican family living in the Barrio next to a vacant lot. I can't even imagine what their electric bill looks like in December. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    This may be a little out of the way. But there is an amazing house in Norman that has lights synced with music. Take Hwy 9 east to 72nd. Go south about 0.5 mile.The house is on the right (west). I promise, you can't miss it. You pull in the drive way and park in the field to the right. I was there last night, there were at least 100 other cars there too (yes, it is THAT BIG!). The show runs from 6:00pm - 12:00am and lasts about 15-20 minutes. It is well worth the drive!
    This light show is AWESOME!

Downs Family Christmas - check out the videos to get a taste of what the light show is like but know that the vids do not do the light show justice - it is great to see live and in person

Your pal,
    blendd

Thread Information