Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best steakhouse in OKC?

Default Best steakhouse in OKC?

I want to get some good friends (conservative couple in their 50's) a nice gift certificate to a great restaurant here in OKC. Suggestions?

Default Re: Best steakhouse in OKC?

Does Cattlemans give gift certificates? You have tradition going for you as well as steaks.

Jamil's and The Mantle come to mind.

Others I've heard real nice comments for include Deep Fork Grill,. Boulevard in Edmond, Mahogany, The Ranch (I think that's the name).

Not classified as just a steakhouse but, Charleston's in Norman is Great...Not sure about the other ones but, the Norman store serves a great steak and if your friends don't want a steak there are other great items on the menu.

I would have to say The Ranch and Red Prime are my two favorites, and it's hard to top them, even in other cities. The Ranch is more casual and "ranchy", while Red Prime has more of an urban feel, and has more options for the preparation of your steak.

I would go with Boulevard, Red Prime, Cattleman's, Mickey Mantles, or Red Rock. I think it is a can't miss with any of those.

Red Prime, no question. I hear the Ranch is good too, but have yet to make it. I've tried OPUS (is more expensive than Red Prime), but doesn't even hold a candle to Red Prime. Go to Red Prime and get truffle butter on your steak. You also might try the food court section of this site as this topic has been debated before. Cattlemen's shouldn't even be on the top 10 list, unless you just want to go there for nostalgia.

Red Prime is the best. Better than Mahogany (sp?).

The Ranch. No question. Was just there again on Thursday night.

The Ranch without question. But one I did not see listed here is Michael's Grill just off May. Behind that Starbucks on Wilshire I think. Or at least near there.

11. Default Re: Best steakhouse in OKC?

Red Prime!

Stay away from OPUS.

Toby Keith's has a really good 12 oz. ribeye for $21.00 and imo is better than Cattleman's.

Quote Originally Posted by ssandedoc View Post
    I want to get some good friends (conservative couple in their 50's) a nice gift certificate to a great restaurant here in OKC. Suggestions?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------The Ranch is Great...But, are you sure that a Steak is what they would like????How about a gift certificate from Crescent food market in Nichols Hills and let them pick the dinner that they would really like to have.....If you haven't been to Crescent Market it's pricy but worth the trip.

For a nice atmosphere and consistently great service and the best steak, I would have to go with The Ranch. And based on your description of "conservative couple in their fifties," its a no brainer to get a gift card to The Ranch.

15. Default Re: Best steakhouse in OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Okie View Post
    Does Cattlemans give gift certificates? You have tradition going for you as well as steaks.
    Actually you only have tradition going for you at Cattleman's . . . just sliding by on its rep. . .

I agree with the Red, Michaels and Ranch recomendations too, but lots of other places have good steaks on the menu . . . Cheevers or Charlie Newtons come to mind, and for a trip to the past try Nomad II out on North May Avenue or Juniors in the Oil Center Building on Northwest Expressway.
    Last edited by The Old Downtown Guy; 12-15-2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spellcheck
    The Old Downtown Guy

It will take decades for Oklahoma City's
    downtown core to regain its lost gritty,
    dynamic urban character, but it's exciting
    to observe and participate in the transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    Not classified as just a steakhouse but, Charleston's in Norman is Great...Not sure about the other ones but, the Norman store serves a great steak and if your friends don't want a steak there are other great items on the menu.
    Charleston's is a casual dining chain.

The Ranch.

Ranch.... wish it was downtown.

Donde esta deez Ranch you speak of? I have folks coming down in March or May and they're card-carrying carnivores...

3000 W Britton Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Platemaker View Post
    Ranch.... wish it was downtown.
    No thanks, keep it out in the burbs where it belongs.

Does that mean you don't like Ranch?

No just don't want the Ranch in downtown, it's a suburban style place so let's keep it there. Red Prime is the best IMO and is definitely urban in style, comparable to places in NYC, Chicago, San Fran, etc.

24. Default Re: Best steakhouse in OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    No thanks, keep it out in the burbs where it belongs.
    Put the same building, say across from Iguana, minus the parking lot in front and you have a great restaurant with unique atmosphere for downtown. Other than the setback from the road, what is so "suburban" about it?

Chilis or Red Lobster, great steaks.

Thread Information