Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand House

Classen Grand House

I'd just like to share with everyone that Grand house on classen now has awesome sushi. Ive always enjoyed eating there, they have great food really nice interior, live music on fri and sat. Its a great place for a date night. I recently had their sushi for the first time and thought it was excellent. I highly reccomend.

2. Default Re: Grand House on Classen

It's a really good and cheap lunch, too!

I must say, though, unless you know what you're getting into, you probably ought to have an adventurous spirit to try the dim sum on Sundays. I'm not sure exactly what some of it is, but I'm going to call it "authentic."

Default Re: Grand House on Classen

Completely agree with OKCMallen. I used to attend OCU and would go to GH about once or twice a week for their Express Lunch special. It was four items (I always got double sweet and sour chicken and double egg roll with fried rice and egg drop soup) and I ended up getting out of there for about $5.50. I then attempted to try to dim sum on a Saturday and was completely throw off guard. Not exactly what I was expecting.

Ive been seeing them advertise the sushi lately and have been wondering how it was and what they offered.
    Ive been to dim sum once before. There was some tasty offerings as well as a couple of "different" offerings. I would research it a little before trying dim sum, or go with someone that knows the food.

GH used to be one of my regular lunch stops. It seemed to me that a few months ago, the quality of the food took a noticeable turn for the worse. It seemed they were using cheaper ingredients or the cooking wasn't what it used to be -- something. I haven't been back since I had a few bad experiences.

That said, maybe I was just unlucky a few times and everything is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    GH used to be one of my regular lunch stops. It seemed to me that a few months ago, the quality of the food took a noticeable turn for the worse. It seemed they were using cheaper ingredients or the cooking wasn't what it used to be -- something. I haven't been back since I had a few bad experiences.

That said, maybe I was just unlucky a few times and everything is just fine.
    Ditto. My coworkers and I used to go there about once a week for a couple years until they replaced the white meat chicken with "bag o' tripe." Haven't been back in over a year now.

It's just so damn hard to find a chinese restaurant that doesn't use low-grade meat.

ATTENTION CHINESE FOOD RESTAURANTS: QUALITY MATTERS!!!!
    (that is all)

8. Default Re: Grand House on Classen

It's just so damn hard to find a chinese restaurant that doesn't use low-grade meat.
    That's why I wouldn't eat Chinese for years growing. Pei Wei may be a chain, but their meat is high quality and the food is consistently good.

I agree. Pei Wei is great. Also, it seems that the chicken used at Happy House (hudson & 4th) is of high quality.

ATTENTION CHINESE FOOD RESTAURANTS: QUALITY MATTERS!!!!
    (that is all)
    Mid, Totally agree. I highly recommend the hidden gem that is China Chef in the underground downtown. Theres a thread on it with reviews if your interested. Quality meats and cheap price for their buffet.

Asian District Grand House for sale...

Saw a real estate listing yesterday for 2701 N Classen "turn key restaurant operation" yesterday, but forgot to save the link...

I think it was listed at close to $3MM.

Default Re: Grand House for sale...

Yep, this is listed at just under $3 million. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to sell and what they actually get for the property.

Are they closing?

I'm not sure, I would think they would stay open until they find a buyer. Depending on the buyer they could keep the same concept or turn it into something entirely different.

They have another, much smaller location in Edmond, behind the Dunkin Donuts on Broadway. They have a much smaller menu and no Dim Sum.

Getting a remodel:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Getting a remodel:

On the inside as well?

Quote Originally Posted by HHE View Post
    On the inside as well?
    Not sure but I think it may only be external.

Default Re: Grand House

I like the added entrance, but could they not have the copper revitalized/cleaned, rather than red?

They recently renovated the interior as well with new seats and carpeting. They are open for dine-in and to go as well. Still great food from the best Chinese in the metro.

. . .sad to see the verdigris copper roof go. . . .

I eat occasionally along Classen. Does this place offer any sort of buffet at lunch time?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad72 View Post
    I eat occasionally along Classen. Does this place offer any sort of buffet at lunch time?
    They've never had a buffet but their Express Lunch might fit the bill for you.

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    . . .sad to see the verdigris copper roof go. . . .
    Right? I feel like it is going to look like a pizza hut after the remodel- always thought it looked cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Right? I feel like it is going to look like a pizza hut after the remodel- always thought it looked cool.
    +1

Thread Information