Widgets Magazine

Thread: SW Corner Kelly & Danforth

Default SW Corner Kelly & Danforth

Anyone know whats going in here? I remember years ago there was talk of a shopping center and best buy, which obviously didn't happen, but lots of dirtwork going on...

Default Re: SW Corner Kelly & Danforth

I know that they are expanding the Edmond Soccer Club to the east and adding additional parking but it looks like they are doing more than just that.

Probably yet another "strip mall"....

What about the super carwash that was suppose to go in on the NW corner? Is that lot ever going to be developed???

Quote Originally Posted by Centerback View Post
    I know that they are expanding the Edmond Soccer Club to the east and adding additional parking but it looks like they are doing more than just that.
    Holy cow... 1/4 mile+ of soccer fields....yay.....Is that owned by the city? And they need money to build a police station?

I noticed in the paper no to long ago. Home Depot purchased land on either Danforth or Covell.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    I noticed in the paper no to long ago. Home Depot purchased land on either Danforth or Covell.
    Wow interesting. Esp since the new Lowe's opened up on Covell.

I know there's a hotel of some sort going in, but other than that, I'd assume a shopping center.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I know there's a hotel of some sort going in, but other than that, I'd assume a shopping center.
    Or empty strip mall...to match the new one across the street that is empty except for the liquor store.

Its a shopping mall with a Tires Plus store up at the front facing Danforth. A new entrance from Kelly has been dug by the Blockbuster, a traffic light will go there.
    The Carls Jr. is on the northwest corner across the street. An entrance will be made off Danforth but not Kelly and another........wait for it........light will be put there.

Quote Originally Posted by fab4fan View Post
    Its a shopping mall with a Tires Plus store up at the front facing Danforth. A new entrance from Kelly has been dug by the Blockbuster, a traffic light will go there.
    The Carls Jr. is on the northwest corner across the street. An entrance will be made off Danforth but not Kelly and another........wait for it........light will be put there.
    Ah yes, what construction would be complete in Edmond without adding lots more traffic lights...If the planners had half a brain, they would have found a way to combine the lights at the soccer complex with one for the shopping center.

I DO think that is a good place for a tires plus...Its really silly that both of them in Edmond are within 1/4 of each other (I know, it was due to a buy out). I get tires from them but I miss living by the location at Grand & May...so much easier in and out.

As far as Carl's Jr...if they have the same management style as the one at 33rd & Broadway, I could care less if they put another store in...

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    Ah yes, what construction would be complete in Edmond without adding lots more traffic lights...If the planners had half a brain, they would have found a way to combine the lights at the soccer complex with one for the shopping center.

I DO think that is a good place for a tires plus...Its really silly that both of them in Edmond are within 1/4 of each other (I know, it was due to a buy out). I get tires from them but I miss living by the location at Grand & May...so much easier in and out.

As far as Carl's Jr...if they have the same management style as the one at 33rd & Broadway, I could care less if they put another store in...

You beat me to it..............

Well, I see a building is finally being buit there - anyone know what it will be?

I remember seeing a sign there that said "Edmond Town Center" there...by the name I am assuming they're probably building another strip of big-box stores there.

Quote Originally Posted by scootinger View Post
    I remember seeing a sign there that said "Edmond Town Center" there...by the name I am assuming they're probably building another strip of big-box stores there.

I love it when these developers come from out of town and come up with names that don't make sense...at least it doesn't have "Oak" in the name.

Thread Information