Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Market C (closed)

Default Re: Market C

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    we are working on reheating instructions...long story, but look for them soon. I'm glad you had a great V-day dinner.

Try this next time: 1/2 roasted chicken, croissant, chipotle-cheddar cheese. Pull the chicken from the bone for a wonderfull sandwich; place all under briler for 5 minutes, add your favorite mustard/mayo/sauce and you are in business. I did this the other night; 7 minute prep time.
    This sounds tasty!

Sounds great. Now where on 23rd St. is it?

^
    nw corner of 23rd & hudson... which puts it a couple blocks west of i-235.

-M

Thanks, I'll definitely have to check it out.

5. Default Re: Market C

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    ^
    nw corner of 23rd & hudson... which puts it a couple blocks west of i-235.

-M
    why am i just hearing about this place? it sounds great!

website?

^
    it is great! here's their website:

www.market-c.com/

-M

7. Default Re: Market C

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    ^
    it is great! here's their website:

www.market-c.com/

-M
    thanks! browser pointed there now.

8. Default Re: Market C

Stopped by last night to pick up a quick dinner for one. I bought the Thai Steak Noodle Salad for $10, and it's enough for two meals if you don't eat a lot. Dee. Lih. Shus. Seriously, I am excited to get back home after work for dinner again tonight!

Every time I eat one of their chicken dishes, there happens to be chicken bone still in it...I'll be eating, and then I bite down on something hard. It has happened with the chicken pot pie and the chicken artichoke pasta...and some pieces of chicken in the pot pie have a lot of fat still on it. My coworker tried the cobb salad, and it had a 2-inch piece of plastic in it. Their dishes with Kobe beef are decent. Probably won't be back though

Quote Originally Posted by okyeah View Post
    Every time I eat one of their chicken dishes, there happens to be chicken bone still in it...I'll be eating, and then I bite down on something hard. It has happened with the chicken pot pie and the chicken artichoke pasta...and some pieces of chicken in the pot pie have a lot of fat still on it. My coworker tried the cobb salad, and it had a 2-inch piece of plastic in it. Their dishes with Kobe beef are decent. Probably won't be back though
    You should let the management know about this. I'm confident they will make an effort to correct it. I've gone there several times and everything I've purchased has been great. Tuck, who's one of the owners of Market C, comes on this forum frequently, if he sees what you said I'm sure he will talk to his people about it.

Tried a few more new things from Market C last week. Had the blue cheese & spinach dip, it was quite tasty. Also had a few new flavors of the cupcakes, the dreamsicle was pretty good and the vanilla bean was outstanding, and I don't even care much for vanilla! Still a few more new ones to try, they have 5 cupcake flavors, and all I've tried are better than Cuppies & Joe, and the hot chocolate cupcake is the best in the metro IMO.

I tried this place though the Groupon deal and since have been getting items 3-4 times a week and everything has been good to excellent. The spinach salad is the only thing I would not get again. (Someone else told me they would not get the beef wellington again)

The veggie lasagna and mushroom relleno are my favorites, with the cranberry mac and cheese ranking way up there. IMO, the prices are extremely reasonable on the take-out food. I'm just starting to sample the desserts, but the tiramisu pie I got tonight was wonderful! Can't wait to try the 1/2 chicken I got for sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.

Try the strudel with chicken, peppers and jack cheese. At Cheevers they drizzle it with balsamic. Totally amazing.

Ok, seriously, I am a huge Market C fan, but the desserts aren't quite living up to the prices. $24.00/lb for toffee made a small piece $2 and it just wasn't worth it. Still loving the take-out entrees --- but went today for the ribs and they were sold out! I just wish if they advertise something on Facebook they would let people know if it sells out!

I tried it on Saturdayt with the groupon coupon and while the food was good, I don't really get the concept. For the price, I'd rather just get a to go meal from Cheevers or Iron Starr and that way I don't have to microwave it at home.

16. Default Market C Bites The Dust

Been reading on their Twitter feed that they are closing their doors.

Friday 1/14 is their last day.

Too bad, but not like you couldn't see that coming.

Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

And Iron Starr in Norman closed too. Not terribly surprised about Market C. I wonder what use they can find for that building now. Iron Starr in Norman kind of shocked me though. Never been to that location but I figured it would do well. Maybe part of the reason is that there is a ton of competition on Campus Corner.

18. Default Re: Market C Bites The Dust

Sad for both. I'm a bit surprised about Iron Starr in Norman, though.
    Still corrupting young minds

Anyone who has been involved in the Norman/Campus Corner retail or restaurant business will tell you that it is a very tricky market. I think the challenges of seasonal and event driven business are very similar to those issues faced in Bricktown.

Just got back from loading up at the C, it was packed and picked over. Get there today if you want something.

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    Anyone who has been involved in the Norman/Campus Corner retail or restaurant business will tell you that it is a very tricky market. I think the challenges of seasonal and event driven business are very similar to those issues faced in Bricktown.
    You said it...very tricky and inconsistent!

Metro..."Bites The Dust" is a little strong in my opinion. Market-C has always done fine, especially for 500 sq ft.
    The sole reason for the closing to make more room for Cheevers Catering. We bought and renovated this location strictly because the catering business was becoming too large to be housed at Cheevers Cafe...they needed a home. We have run into the same issue here, they need more room to operate. We hated to make this decision, but it's best for everyone.

Any chance you could re-locate and re-open Market C?

I am sure you wouldn't have trouble finding another small space especially nearby along 23rd.

Very sad to see it go, I had always thought that business was good. I would always stop by especially after eating at Cheevers.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Metro..."Bites The Dust" is a little strong in my opinion. Market-C has always done fine, especially for 500 sq ft.
    The sole reason for the closing to make more room for Cheevers Catering. We bought and renovated this location strictly because the catering business was becoming too large to be housed at Cheevers Cafe...they needed a home. We have run into the same issue here, they need more room to operate. We hated to make this decision, but it's best for everyone.
    I think you mistaken me for Brian Bates post.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Any chance you could re-locate and re-open Market C?

I am sure you wouldn't have trouble finding another small space especially nearby along 23rd.

Very sad to see it go, I had always thought that business was good. I would always stop by especially after eating at Cheevers.
    What he said.

Thread Information