Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Market C (closed)

Default Re: Market C

had the chicken pot pie this week... it was quite tasty. what i liked best is that it had just a hint of spiciness. everything was top-notch. crust. ingredients. texture/amount of gravy. service was great, too. thumbs up.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by mcgrawsdad View Post
    Tuck...will you be carrying any additional steak choices? Maybe a NY Strip or a 7-10 oz. filet? Other than that, love the market, just six blocks north of the casa, we stop in a couple times a week for treats and/or dinner.
    Agreed. When I was in last week, I was disappointed to have to get the marinated flank (it was good), but I was hoping for some steaks I could cook myself. I thought market C was going to have the dry aged and prime steaks and some more of your marinades/crusts from red prime?

Quote Originally Posted by metro
    i thought market c was going to have the dry aged and prime steaks
    the first couple times i went, i know for sure that i saw a selection of pre-packaged steaks for cooking. i didn't pay attention this last time i was there, but a week or two ago i didn't see the steaks... but they have been there. perhaps they didn't sell that well? i'm sure there are many times that a product sounds good on paper but just doesn't work out in reality.

here's my personal perspective on the meat... i've never purchased fresh, dry-aged beef, so i don't really know what i should be paying for it. but, for the prices listed, i wasn't comfortable making the purchase mainly due to the fact that it was pre-packaged. maybe it's just the way i'm trained as a consumer, but in the back of my mind i don't feel as if i'm getting the freshest/highest quality product when i'm not personally selecting it from the cooler... i think that's the mental block that kept me from purchasing, at least.

-M

I bought three steaks there in November right after they opened. Thought they were $31 per pound (think that was the price) but when I paid, turned out that was for each 7 oz filet. Almost had a stroke but was in a hurry so bought them anyway. They were really good, but yikes! For $35 I will just go to Red Prime and have someone else cook them for me!

Kim

I stopped by last week and picked up some veggie lasagna (ooh, so good!) and other goodies for lunch. I was very pleased and look forward to checking out more of what they have to offer. Thanks to tuck and metro for helping me find my way there!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Agreed. When I was in last week, I was disappointed to have to get the marinated flank (it was good), but I was hoping for some steaks I could cook myself. I thought market C was going to have the dry aged and prime steaks and some more of your marinades/crusts from red prime?
    Black pepper crusted beef tenderloin is available every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    I bought three steaks there in November right after they opened. Thought they were $31 per pound (think that was the price) but when I paid, turned out that was for each 7 oz filet. Almost had a stroke but was in a hurry so bought them anyway. They were really good, but yikes! For $35 I will just go to Red Prime and have someone else cook them for me!

Kim
    Our original thought was to offer the highest quality steaks in town; however, the price we must charge just doesn't work. We are focusing on meals and products that are prepared; so all you have to do take them home and re-heat.

I'm glad we will still see you at Red Prime...next time I see you there, your steak is on me!!

Tuck, I went to the C-Market website and didn't see anything on what your hours are. Are you open daily?

Quote Originally Posted by GWB View Post
    Tuck, I went to the C-Market website and didn't see anything on what your hours are. Are you open daily?
    Thanks for catching that serious flaw...11-8, Monday-Saturday

Got the chicken pot pie. very delightful!

Tuck, no need to buy me a steak! We love you guys and everything you do.

I was just saying that the pricey steaks were delicious but it always tastes better when someone else cooks it (and cleans it up!)

kim

Agree with the clean up

The chicken salad. Sweet merciful goodness, the chicken salad. Best I've ever eaten.

--b

The wife picked up a few cheeses for our picnic on V-day. She got the humbolt fog and the manchego. As always, manchego rocks, and the humbolt fog was an interesting twist for both of us. Humbolt is a creamy goat cheese with a layer of edible vegetable ash in the center and the outer edges. Weird, but good on bread or pita. Who'd have thought to put ash in cheese?

I finally got there and purchased a small assortment of products. That Manchego is something on their sesame water crackers. The chicken salad is nice, it has a little bite to it. I havn't gotten to the filet or truffle butter just yet. It looks to me on some nice spring day you could, just on the spur of things, drop by and pick up a perfect picnic lunch to share on some shaded hilltop. Just bring your basket, everything else is there.
    I'm thinking I saw even the wine.

Quote Originally Posted by angel27 View Post
    I finally got there and purchased a small assortment of products. That Manchego is something on their sesame water crackers. The chicken salad is nice, it has a little bite to it. I havn't gotten to the filet or truffle butter just yet. It looks to me on some nice spring day you could, just on the spur of things, drop by and pick up a perfect picnic lunch to share on some shaded hilltop. Just bring your basket, everything else is there.
    I'm thinking I saw even the wine.
    I've seen grape juice, but not wine. But I totally agree, wife and I have already dropped in spur of moment and bought picnic stuff for valentines and again soon. I dropped in yesterday and also picked up a hot chocolate cupcake for $2.50. Amazing! Hands down was the best cupcake I've had in OKC thus far.

I have gone there a few time already. Nice place and the cake was excellent. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. My underlying reason for going so far bas been to give them my business as a "thank you" for doing such a nice job on building and helping to keep the area up and comming.

18. Default Re: Market C

Went in tonight. Staff was super friendly, gave suggestions on how to heat up my kobe meatloaf without me having to ask, and the kobe meatloaf was really pretty dang tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    A little pricey but you get what you pay for. My underlying reason for going so far bas been to give them my business as a "thank you" for doing such a nice job on building and helping to keep the area up and comming.
    I feel the same way. I know that even though what I am buying may a bit pricey for my taste, I come away knowing that I am supporting a good, unique business with friendly staff that is helping revitalize 23rd street. The staff there has always been very friendly, and the food is delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I've seen grape juice, but not wine. But I totally agree, wife and I have already dropped in spur of moment and bought picnic stuff for valentines and again soon. I dropped in yesterday and also picked up a hot chocolate cupcake for $2.50. Amazing! Hands down was the best cupcake I've had in OKC thus far.
    Only non-alchoholic wine is available. I do sugeest that you stop in Cheevers for one glass of wine from your favorite bottle, take the rest of the bottle with you to Market-C for the rest of your goodies and then head on home.

Metro, your cupcake comment made my year. I do realize that that could have very easily gone the other way.

yw tuck on the cupcake comment, just wish you had more than one available for purchase when I was there. Hands down the best cupcake in Oklahoma so far!! P.S. I was at Red Prime last night and enjoyed the beef carpaccio as always!

22. Default Re: Market C

I'll have to try one of these cupcakes.......

FYI -
    If you bring a receipt from Cheever’s, Iron Starr or Red Prime you'll get 15% off your Market C purchase.

I picked up a couple peppered filets, horseradish scallop potatoes and red velvet for Valentines Day. All were awesome and we will be back for more.

I would suggest adding some reheating instruction on labels if possible.

we are working on reheating instructions...long story, but look for them soon. I'm glad you had a great V-day dinner.

Try this next time: 1/2 roasted chicken, croissant, chipotle-cheddar cheese. Pull the chicken from the bone for a wonderfull sandwich; place all under briler for 5 minutes, add your favorite mustard/mayo/sauce and you are in business. I did this the other night; 7 minute prep time.

25. Default Re: Market C

Anxiously awaiting the reheating of some tomato bisque and the three-cheese panini in the kitchen. Mid got a veggie wrap, I think. Hope it's good!

Very nice place--the roasted chicken looked great! There are quite a few things I'd like to try soon, including the white bean hummus, some of the chutneys, and some of the items in the case like the enchilada stack and roasted chicken.

Great job! Cute place!
    Still corrupting young minds

Thread Information