Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry Hudsons

1. Default Re: Brix

Makes business sense, considering common ownership with Bricktown Brewery.

Default Re: Brix

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    I can tell you that they're definitely putting a Hudson's where Brix used to be. And the auction was today.
    I have inside information that that is incorrect, unless I was was lied to, lol.

Since there seems to be some confusion on the future of this space, let me clarify the definitive outcome:

The space will definitely, maybe, be used as possibly another sports bar type location which may, or may not, be a Henry Hudson's if it doesn't turn out to be something else. This is unless my source is lying to me, which they might or might now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Since there seems to be some confusion on the future of this space, let me clarify the definitive outcome:

The space will definitely, maybe, be used as possibly another sports bar type location which may, or may not, be a Henry Hudson's if it doesn't turn out to be something else. This is unless my source is lying to me, which they might or might now.
    I hope my source is lying to me. I'd love for a Henry Hudson's to go downtown, I just hope that they'll pursue a concept that no other Henry Hudson's has attempted--separately ventilated rooms for smokers and non smokers. Having a Hudson's around that you can walk out of after a night of fun and not smell like a big fat cigarette would be a plus!

5. Default Re: Brix

I would be very surprised if a new establishment in Bricktown, even a Henry Hudson's, was exclusively smoking. Whatever goes into that space, I would hope that it could be successful without smoking.

However, nothing matters if the management staff from Brix is sticking around

I'm hearing that it is going to be a Henry Hudson's as well. The company behind Bricktown Brewery owns that building. It would make sense for them to brand it with one of their own.

7. Default Re: Brix

Quote Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
    I would be very surprised if a new establishment in Bricktown, even a Henry Hudson's, was exclusively smoking. Whatever goes into that space, I would hope that it could be successful without smoking.

However, nothing matters if the management staff from Brix is sticking around
    Quote Originally Posted by rlewis View Post
    I'm hearing that it is going to be a Henry Hudson's as well. The company behind Bricktown Brewery owns that building. It would make sense for them to brand it with one of their own.
    If it is to be a HH I wonder about the smoking issue. Unless I'm mistaken all HHs are completely or almost completely smoking. Anywhere that's exclusively smoking is off my list. I just can't do it.

Blog Entries

Maybe it can be a new "Urban Hudsons" concept without smoking... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I hope my source is lying to me. I'd love for a Henry Hudson's to go downtown, I just hope that they'll pursue a concept that no other Henry Hudson's has attempted--separately ventilated rooms for smokers and non smokers. Having a Hudson's around that you can walk out of after a night of fun and not smell like a big fat cigarette would be a plus!
    I don't think your source is lying to you necessarily, but they probably don't have the most up-to-date info on it. Without divulging too much information, I know someone close within HH corporate (which also does Bricktown Brewery, S&B's, and Old Chicago's).

I don't think your source is lying to you necessarily, but they probably don't have the most up-to-date info on it. Without divulging too much information, I know someone close within HH corporate (which also does Bricktown Brewery, S&B's, and Old Chicago's).
    "they" work in the main office for Henry Hudson's located in the Bricktown Brewery building.

$100K building permit on Friday to remodel this space for a new restaurant.

All the old Brix equipment was sold last month at auction.

Demo work has already began, workers were hauling out debris last week.

Any chance it will be a Fox Sports Grill?

Sounds like a Henry Hudson's.

Trying to get confirmation.

Not expecting much from this with only a $100,000 remodel. But I guess thats whats to be expected by Henry Hudsons.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Not expecting much from this with only a $100,000 remodel. But I guess thats whats to be expected by Henry Hudsons.
    Yep.

$100,000 isn't anything to laugh at. I was there for the auction and the building wasn't in terrible shape. If no structural or major work has to be done, $100,000 goes a long ways in cosmetic upgrades. That number is what's submitted for building permit and usually is way off from total investment once you consider kitchen equipment, bar equipment, furniture, and audio/video.

Correct, building permits do not include furniture, fixtures or equipment.

It will be a Hudson's and my understanding is that it will be non-smoking.

It will be a Hudson's and my understanding is that it will be non-smoking.
    A non smoking Hudsons...I hope this branch is a successful location...that is if Pete confirms this is truly going to be a Hudsons.

There's a notice of intent to apply for a OK County beer permit on their door now. Says it's for "Henry Hudsons Public House".

22. Default Re: Brix

Well there you go. Sorry, I promised to make it over and find out but hadn't made it yet.

There's a notice of intent to apply for a OK County beer permit on their door now. Says it's for "Henry Hudsons Public House".
    Thanks!

Good to know for sure.

Okay. That's good to know. I was sworn to secrecy by a friend who is an employee of theirs and last night he told me not to say anything BUT since it's on the door...

Yup, perfect case of this forum having so many insiders and relationships with insiders on things. That we found out about a Henry Hudsons of all things, weeks early.

This place rocks.

Thread Information