Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry Hudsons

Default Re: Brix Restaurant & Sports Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Or, you might be giving them impetus to discover things about their community that they never knew existed, and that add value to their hometown, from their perspective. I think it's a great idea.
    This. Sometimes folks need a nudge.

Get it for them! No one needs to "discover" their own city more than Edmondites. It's absurdly easy to recoup the cost too - I go to NR so often that they don't even make me show my KeepItLocal card. 10% off every sandwich adds up in a hurry! Does Deep Fork still participate? IIRC they give a free appetizer - one of the most efficient uses of KeepItLocal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    I have seriously considered getting my staff Keep it Local Cards as part of our Christmas gift to them this year. I have no idea how much money I have saved this year from using my card. One meal with my family in January at Cheever's paid for my card by itself. My only fear is some of my staff that live in Edmond (I hate to stereotype but it seems to hold true in this case) only eat at chain restaurants and I fear that buying them a card would be a waste of money.
    Here is a list of merchants just in Edmond that provide card rewards:

Edmond | Keep It Local OK

I had a conversation with my friend who works at the corporate headquarters for Henry Hudson's. She said no such news of Hudson's moving into this spot has come across her desk so don't get too excited...

Blog Entries

Bummer

Doesn't mean it can't happen. I don't know how high up the chain she is.

I think it would be awesome if the location became a large vapor store...I say that because in some parts of the metro you have to drive up to two blocks to find one

Default Re: Brix

So I heard from someone that they actually did sell off/give away their liquor NYE night. Have not been by there to see if it is actually closed. But sounds like they went through with what was rumored here.

9. Default Re: Brix

They tweeted on NYE that it would be their last night.

I was wondering about this joint earlier today....

Bricktown and the CBD now have zero true sports bars (Hooters doesn't count, right?). With 41+ Thunder home games a year, this seems ridiculous. If someone stepped up with a good concept it would do amazing. Tuck, can we just get Republic Bricktown already?

If no one local wants to take a chance then I'd assume just see a Buffalo Wild Wings in Bricktown.

RePUBlic in Bricktown would be amazing. Pretty please, Tuck?

Supposedly Urban Johnnie will be a sports bar, although its in Deep Deuce.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Supposedly Urban Johnnie will be a sports bar, although its in Deep Deuce.
    Urban Johnnies in Deep Deuce and the Garage in Midtown will both be great additions to the core, but Bricktown needs a sports bar closer to the arena and district.

14. Default Re: Brix

He really wants/wanted to do a restaurant there but I don't think it is in the cards, for reasons I won't get into here. Not saying it absolutely won't happen, but don't pin your hopes on it.

15. Default Re: Brix

I guess people have different views than me of a sports bar. almost every bar in okc has some sort of multiple TV's around the bar. and if there is a local team playing or big nfl game, ect it is usually on. people wouldn't think it but I really like going to tapwerks to watch games. fox and hound and hell even hudsons sometimes. I really like wes welkers but sometimes there are too many games going on and there is constant sporadic cheering, which is fine but can get tiresome because you have to look around to guess the TV. republic is awesome but good luck finding a table during a game unless you go early. but a republic downtown would be cool. old skyy bar location?

To me any bar or restaurant can be a sports bar but I think the true definition of a sports bar is a bar that has all its walls plastered with sports memorabilia. That is what The Varsity (the one in 63rd and Western) was.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    I think it would be awesome if the location became a large vapor store...I say that because in some parts of the metro you have to drive up to two blocks to find one
    Please tell me this is a joke

I used to like Brix, but to me it was just too generic. The chairs and big screen were nice, but you gotta find something else to stand out in the food/beverage area. Either have one or two REALLY standout menu items (never had this) or be known for an extensive collection of OKC-only beers on tap. It was just kinda forgettable, the only time I was there that it was absolutely packed was during the Big 12 hoops tourney.

HangryHippo Guest

Hmm. Really hoping for something good to land here, but I'm not holding my breath.

21. Default Re: Brix

Why?

Why?
    Because.

HangryHippo Guest

Why?
    Eh, the last part was just me being negative. Disregard.

Any idea who won the auction?

I am sure the auction was for each item and not the entire setup as a whole - although that does not mean one couldn't buy it all.

Also the auction is this Thursday.

I can tell you that they're definitely putting a Hudson's where Brix used to be. And the auction was today.

Thread Information