Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry Hudsons

1. Default Re: Brix Restaurant & Sports lounge opening Jan 2009

If it's late Jan, they'll be open for the Super Bowl...

Default Re: Brix Restaurant & Sports lounge opening Jan 2009

They have criags list ad looking for help, says they look to open Feb. 1st.

Their menu still strikes me as odd for a "sports bar", where are the nacho's, potato skins, burgers, chicken wings, etc.

at Hooter's.

5. Default Re: Brix Restaurant & Sports lounge opening Jan 2009

Any word on this? Drove by on Friday and it didn't appear to be all that close to opening...

They are shooting for a Feb 1 opening.

Their menu reminds me of Champps Americana. I've spent the last 5 years in Chicago and frequented this restaurant chain to watch UFC. They market themselves as a sports bar with more upscale food than regular bar food. I've been in OKC 6 months and still haven't been able to find a real good sports bar.

8. Default Re: Brix Restaurant & Sports lounge opening Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Earl View Post
    They are shooting for a Feb 1 opening.
    I'll go on Sunday to check it out if it's ready. Super Bowl!?

Is Mark Clayton involved? Interesting because the old Daiquri Zone was operated by two former OU football players, Terence Brown and Cedric Jones.
    The service was up and down but it was one of the more comfortable places to watch sports in the city. Especially the row of recliners in the upper deck in front of the bank of TV screens.

I watched a lot of games there and one day I was in the center recliner watching March Madness when almost the entire Houston Rockets team came in and took over the other recliners. Yao Ming wasn't there (I don't think the recliners would have fit him) but I was seated between Shane Battier and Chuck Hayes. I didn't realize how much the pros followed college basketball but Battier seemed to know all the players and facts like where they went to highschool, etc and was into it pretty good. I even got a column out of it.

I hope Brix kept that furniture.

Does anyone know the status? I drove by today, and they certainly did not appear to be open or anywhere close to open.

Things are moving slower than expected. The new goal is to be open by Valentines.

12. Default Re: Brix Restaurant & Sports lounge opening Jan 2009

Need to be open by the Big XII tournament for sure...or that's a big missed opportunity.

yea it would suck to miss the football and basketball season...

14. Default Re: Brix Restaurant & Sports lounge opening Jan 2009

No joke. We're not a huge baseball town, so opening up AFTER the close of college basketball would hurt. You'd only have the NBA to draw people out...which can do a good job, but something tells me that the people that go to Bricktown on a Thunder game night are going to the Ford Center, not to Brix.

That being said, if the Thudner were playing on a Friday night, I could see myself going to Brix to begin the night out...

I hope that this is not an omen of the management of Brix later on in the future after they have opened!

Is the palce actually billing itself as a sports bar? the site struck me as we're a tad toney, but we will still have sports on tv

The new open date is in about 2 weeks (no exact date yet.)

18. Default Re: Brix Restaurant & Sports lounge opening Jan 2009

Hmmm...doesn't sound good.

Locally owned restaurants/new concepts rarely open on time. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I would hope they get it open before the Big 12 Tournament, as that's a week a new business wouldn't want to miss, I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    Locally owned restaurants/new concepts rarely open on time. I wouldn't read too much into it.
    Hardly any developments/construction projects ever reach their original deadline.

22. Default Re: Brix Restaurant & Sports lounge opening Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I would hope they get it open before the Big 12 Tournament, as that's a week a new business wouldn't want to miss, I would think.
    Biggest sports draw to Bricktown over a period of time, I would think, until college football starts back up...

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hardly any developments/construction projects ever reach their original deadline.
    Its like Steve has said in the past(i think. if not than he can correct me). Bricktown/Downtown projects rarely meet their original deadlines. Postponed deadlines come with the territory so to speak...

Ok, they will for sure be open by March 1st. These guys are sparing no expense on the video equipment and Tvs. They aren't keeping any of the furniture or equipment from the previous business. They hope this will be the premier location in Okc to watch sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Earl View Post
    Ok, they will for sure be open by March 1st. These guys are sparing no expense on the video equipment and Tvs. They aren't keeping any of the furniture or equipment from the previous business. They hope this will be the premier location in Okc to watch sports.
    I'm hoping so too. I'm not too fond of any of the other options. Since the Ford Center will be under repair on draft day, it might be a good place to watch the NBA draft too.

Thread Information