Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Best burgers in Oklahoma?

What's your favorite burger place in Oklahoma?

I haven't been to a lot of places, but the burgers in Meers were very good.

Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

maybe im biased but braums has good burgers but i do like carls and burger king

Iron Starr BBQ

Bricktown Burgers gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by braums manager View Post
    No comment.

Hard to beat The Meers Store....

I was never a fan of Ron's, I lived in the Mayfair area and tried it several times and just came away completely unimpressed but my father really likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by braums manager View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GWB View Post
    No comment.
    I think Braum's has a good burger for what it is, a fast food burger. It isn't a "gourmet burger" and they don't try to pass it off as one. Carls and BK can be good but they can also be bad.

Irma's "no name" burger

VZDs

Barry's Old Fashioned (30th & May area, next to Epperson Photo)
    really good fresh cut fries too!

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post

I think Braum's has a good burger for what it is, a fast food burger. It isn't a "gourmet burger" and they don't try to pass it off as one. Carls and BK can be good but they can also be bad.
    I think Braum's is on the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to getting a good burger. They are never consistent, and depending on which store you go to, the service can be really bad. There is no quality control going on at all as far as I have been able to tell. I got a hamburger there one time with two "slices" of tomatoes on it. The tomatoes were the very end part of the tomato, and I do mean end. I showed the gal at the cash register and she said that they have to use every bit of the tomato, that's what they're told to do. I have a hard time believing that but that's what she said. I love their old fashioned krinkle cut fries, but often times they are served warm. French fries should be served hot, at least when you are eating them in the restaurant.

Braums has tried to do too many things by having a mini-store there. Their fruits and vegetables are pathetic. They've lost focus as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure it's a good thing for some of the smaller towns without a full service grocery store. But I think they would be better off sticking to burgers and ice cream and do a better job at it rather than trying to be a store and burger and ice cream joint. Just my opinion of course. Oh, I do like their milk products though.

I think Braum's is on the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to getting a good burger. They are never consistent, and depending on which store you go to, the service can be really bad. There is no quality control going on at all as far as I have been able to tell. I got a hamburger there one time with two "slices" of tomatoes on it. The tomatoes were the very end part of the tomato, and I do mean end. I showed the gal at the cash register and she said that they have to use every bit of the tomato, that's what they're told to do. I have a hard time believing that but that's what she said. I love their old fashioned krinkle cut fries, but often times they are served warm. French fries should be served hot, at least when you are eating them in the restaurant.
    To me, they are a "fast food" burger so their competition isn't the burger joints but McDonald's, Burger King, etc. as it is a different level of competition. That is why I said it was good for a "fast food" burger and I have had pretty consistent food there but I do agree that it varies by location as do all places. I typically do not like Burger King, I have found them to be pretty poor overall in my opinion. But one day I was running errands at lunch and stopped by the one near my office in North Austin (Braker & Mopac) and it was a very good fast food burger and has been very consistent when I have been there, it is about the only Burger King that I will go to. Now given a choice, I would choose Houston's (similar to Charleston's in OKC), Mighty Fine (a new concept by the Rudy's BBQ people in Austin) or Hut's over any fast food burger just as I would choose other places in OKC over a Braums for something more than a fast food burger.

Braums has tried to do too many things by having a mini-store there. Their fruits and vegetables are pathetic. They've lost focus as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure it's a good thing for some of the smaller towns without a full service grocery store. But I think they would be better off sticking to burgers and ice cream and do a better job at it rather than trying to be a store and burger and ice cream joint. Just my opinion of course. Oh, I do like their milk products though.
    I agree that they are trying to do too much...I just wish they would open a store closer to Austin than Hillsboro. We always pack a cooler when traveling to OKC or even North Texas so we can bring some Braums home.

Bunnies Onion Burger @ NW 50th and meridian

I've always had a thing for Charcoal Oven burgers.

Irma's Burger Shack

Quote Originally Posted by Chynna802 View Post
    Irma's Burger Shack
    Having to quote this here. I love Irma's

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
    Having to quote this here. I love Irma's
    What do you think of McNelly's??? Not a bad hamburger, just a little noisy!!

Quote Originally Posted by keving View Post
    I've heard of a place called Nick's either on May or Penn in near 13th. Have heard from a neighbor friend that they have excellent burgers. The place is small but he runs an efficient burger joint.
    Go early or be prepared to wait! It's fantastic... and very, very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buickcarnut View Post
    Can't believe more people haven't tried a cheddar burger at Earls on western? Now that's a burger. I still have yet to see what the facination with Jonnies is? I've had better Braums burgers than Jonnies.
    When Johnnies first opened and had only one location on Britton Road, close to Western (not the one that's closer to May now), oh, man! You couldn't beat 'em. Now they're a franchise and the menu's gone all fast-food. Good fries and onion rings still, though.

Best burger for me, hands down: Cousin's, a little dark bar just north of NW 63rd and May, on the west side. OMG. Grilled. Homemade fries. Excellent with or without bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by danielf1935 View Post
    Bunnies Onion Burger @ NW 50th and meridian
    A second Bunny's location is to open this spring/summer at SE corner of NW 23rd & Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    A second Bunny's location is to open this spring/summer at SE corner of NW 23rd & Hudson.

Bunny sold her store in Edmond, there @ Danforth & Kelly, it is now Al's. As popular as she is with her wonderful burgers, I can't blame her for that choice - she drives in from way South of town, Tuttle, if I remember correctly......

I'm a big fan of What-a-burger. Chuck House also makes a good one. I like the flame-broil concept better than the grill when it comes to burgers.....

MadMonk Guest

Irma's is my favorite.

Thanks for the reminder about Bunny's, danielf. I had forgotten about that place.

Dan's Ol' Time Diner on SW 84th and Western. Excellent onion burger!!!

Ron's were pretty good. IHOP, surprisingly, has a pretty good one, but I'm trying to stay away from the big chains. Goldie's has a good one as well. I haven't been to their location on Danforth yet since they moved.

Quote Originally Posted by jsibelius View Post
    Goldie's has a good one as well. I haven't been to their location on Danforth yet since they moved.
    Goldie's FTW! It's criminal that there are so few of them here in the metro. I went to the new Danforth location not too long ago and the burgers were just as good as they ever were.

Other favorites include Johnnie's and Irma's.

Have been meaning to try Nic's Grill but haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you're ever in Chickasha, you have to try the J&W Grill, it's just West of the Court House. It's a very small, greasy spoon joint, seats probably 12--14 people (most order to go), but if you have to wait, it's well worth your time.

I've heard of a place in Meers, OK that is supposed to have good burgers. Haven't been there yet but I plan to this Spring/Summer.

H&H Gun Range has a cafe inside. Their burgers are excellent! Best I have had in a long time. The guy looks very professional with a white chef's coat and the place is very clean. They also have some good pasta dishes and quesadillas.

24. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

In what building?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    In what building?
    Where the Palmas Pizza / Convenience Store was.

Thread Information