Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    The next time I'm in Ardmore I'll buy two and mail you one. Unless the're so good
    I eat both of them. In that case I'll send you a report.
    A burger or report would be nice.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this place...doubtful. However, we ate some awesome burgers in Stratford this weekend at a place downtown called McGee's. The burger, I thought, was every bit as good as Meer's Cafe. My wife had the chicken fried steak, and it looked awesome too. The place doesn't have near the ambience as Meer's, so it's not much of a destination, but if you're ever in the area I would recommend it.

hands down - 15th Street Grill, Midwest City...

Quote Originally Posted by chatterdude View Post
    hands down - 15th Street Grill, Midwest City...
    I would not call them the best burgers...but I still love that place!

5. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

Although not a traditional burger from a traditional-type burger place, the Republic Burger at RePUBlic has become, I think, my favorite burger of all time. I can't believe it really, but it is AMAZING. For a more traditional one, I really like Flatire. Irma's is overrated to me (except for the black bean burger...nice).

Prunepicker Guest

I've deduced that calling one burger better than another is rather
    futile. I honestly like the burgers from every place mentioned.

Food, and burgers are no exception, is a very personal thing.
    Some cringe at the thought of putting mustard on a bun while
    others want mayo. Some want a MOP burger (mustard, onions &
    pickles) while others want everything with mayo!

We can all agree that the way the burger is prepared makes a
    big difference on whether or not we like it. I like a BK Whopper.
    Oh my, we just had 3 deaths! Johnnie's in Calumet is awesome,
    but so is Bunny's and Ron's and just about every other burger
    joint mentioned.

Instead of trying to say that one is better than the other I
    believe we should accept that a great burger is a great burger
    and that the joint is going to prepare it to our liking.

One of my favorite burgers is from "Dave's Big Burger" in
    Fairfield, CA. Dave didn't like pickles on his burger so no
    pickles were available. However, the burger itself was great.
    Oh, no fries, either. Just chips! LOL And pie! Great pie!
    Plenty of diverse bottled hot sauces! Chalula deserves
    honorary mention!

A good burger is a good burger.

The best burger is the one held in your paws.
    The second best burger is, oh seriously, who cares when ya already gots a burger in your paws!

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    The best burger is the one held in your paws.
    The second best burger is, oh seriously, who cares when ya
    already gots a burger in your paws!
    That was good. Very good.

This may have been covered already but I don't want to read 9 pages to find out. I recently read that In-and-Out Burger is expanding to the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I've also read that their growth has been limited by the fact that they won't build a restaurant more than a day's drive from their processing facility. They are also building a new processing facility in the Dallas/FW area so I expect them to start expanding outward and I'm hoping Oklahoma City is high on the list. I've never tried their burgers but I've been hearing abou them for years.

One of my personal favorites is Sonic, when it's done right. The only Sonic I've found that has consistently good burgers is the one at 178th and Portland.

We recently tried Rons Hamburgers and I was very impressed with it as well.

I'm of the opinion that a cheeseburger should be a large diameter bun, a large diameter and thin patty, MUSTARD, lettuce, pickles, onions and tomatoes. Mayo has no place on a cheeseburger and ketchup only when it's McDonalds.

No need to dig through 9 pages, In-And-Out already has it's own thread on the topic:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=21943

Ive never understood the locals obsession with Sonic. The quality of their ingredients have gone downhill the past few years and the Sonic of today does not compare to the Sonic of the 80s and before. The last time i got a burger there it was beyond horrible. If i want a great burger i will go to Tims drive inn at 50th and N McArthur. Sonic+bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Ive never understood the locals obsession with Sonic. The quality of their ingredients have gone downhill the past few years and the Sonic of today does not compare to the Sonic of the 80s and before. The last time i got a burger there it was beyond horrible. If i want a great burger i will go to Tims drive inn at 50th and N McArthur. Sonic+bleh
    Sonic has the best fast food burger hands down. Very flavorful. The new Jalapeno Cheeseburger is really good!

Sooner Dairy Lunch in Norman!

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Sonic has the best fast food burger hands down. Very flavorful.
    The new Jalapeno Cheeseburger is really good!
    I've been wanting to try that one. I'm not too sure about it
    being the best fast food burger but it's pretty good. I like
    the Whopper.

My favorite is the Sonic footlong.

I agree, I actually think the quality of their food has been improving. And, as for the obsession of the locals with Sonic, when they go into a new area of the country such as California they are considered the new "hip" fast food place and the locals love them.

I would agree that the quality of Sonic's food has been going downhill but the store at Portland and NW 178th seems to be an exception to that rule. I've eaten there dozens of times in the past 14 months and it was deliscious each time!

My other big complaints about Sonic are the fact that they stand your burger up on it's side so that all the toppings slide to one edge and more importantly, they seem to have turned down the syrup concentration of their softdrinks!! This has improved recently but places like McDonalds and Taco Bell have consistently good soft drinks. Not so for Sonic.

17. Default Re: Best burgers in Oklahoma?

The only issue I have with fast food burgers is that for many people they have become a daily mainstay instead of an occasional guilty pleasure. Many people don't think twice about eating burgers from McD's, Sonic, Burger King etc. 4-5 times or more a week. I love a Big Mac or a Sonic double with cheese, but I doubt I have either more than once a month. When work has me venturing into a new small town I often Google the local burger joint so I can give it a try. Tried a place in the old Shawnee downtown the other day and it was incredible, wish I would have remembered the name.

I had a burger last Friday at Jim's Restaurant on NW 39th and Council Rd. I had forgotten what a good burger they make there. Give it a try! Oh, and you'll get good service like in the old days.

Prunepicker Guest

Bunny's Burgers is great! On the S.E corners of N.W. 50th and
    N. Meridian.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I would agree that the quality of Sonic's food has been going downhill but the store at Portland and NW 178th seems to be an exception to that rule. I've eaten there dozens of times in the past 14 months and it was deliscious each time!

My other big complaints about Sonic are the fact that they stand your burger up on it's side so that all the toppings slide to one edge and more importantly, they seem to have turned down the syrup concentration of their softdrinks!! This has improved recently but places like McDonalds and Taco Bell have consistently good soft drinks. Not so for Sonic.
    Tims drive inn also has the best pop in town,they dont scrimp on the syrup and they use a higher quality ice then most. The cherry they use also is wonderful,tasting nothing like the cough medicene taste of most joints.

Prunepicker Guest

Tims drive inn also has the best pop in town,they dont scrimp on
    the syrup and they use a higher quality ice then most. The cherry
    they use also is wonderful,tasting nothing like the cough medicene
    taste of most joints.
    Tim's is very good. It's the place I always forget about when
    we want burgers and such. Thanks for the reminder.

Tims drive inn also has the best pop in town,they dont scrimp on the syrup and they use a higher quality ice then most. The cherry they use also is wonderful,tasting nothing like the cough medicene taste of most joints.
    Tim's location please??

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RealJimbo View Post
    Tim's location please?
    1/2 block south of N.W. 50th & N. MacArthur. West side
    of the street. It's an old Tastee Freeze

It's also cash only, just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    The only issue I have with fast food burgers is that for many people they have become a daily mainstay instead of an occasional guilty pleasure. Many people don't think twice about eating burgers from McD's, Sonic, Burger King etc. 4-5 times or more a week. I love a Big Mac or a Sonic double with cheese, but I doubt I have either more than once a month. When work has me venturing into a new small town I often Google the local burger joint so I can give it a try. Tried a place in the old Shawnee downtown the other day and it was incredible, wish I would have remembered the name.
    Was it possibly Hamburger King ? Haven't been there in years but it was great.

Stan

Thread Information