Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the former news anchors?

Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by rwood8 View Post
    And Raspberry wins the prize...

The new met's name is Sarah, and she is excellent.
    Sarah Libby, she used to be on the Weather Channel.

Saw former KFOR anchor Bob Frier in Orlando last month. He is the main weeknight anchor for WKMG, which is also known as 'local6'. He does a great job, IMO.

Mark Meyers used to be a Reporter for Fox25 - I see now that he is spokesman for the OK Sheriff Dept. I just love the way he talks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very articulate with his words!

Quote Originally Posted by FFLady View Post
    Mark Meyers used to be a Reporter for Fox25 - I see now that he is spokesman for the OK Sheriff Dept. I just love the way he talks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very articulate with his words!
    He was at KOCO before KOKH

In case you guys wanted to know, Sophia Reza is leaving KOCO. Heading to Dallas. I think the turnover rate is about up to 70% now for both on air and off air in one year's time.
    ...and they say "change is good"

Adam Slinger left soon after Tierney too. Its sad to see Sophia leave, but I expect to see her land a network job.

7. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Okay, going thru pages of post and typing this in a notepad as I go along, because I'm forgetful. lol

Cherokee Ballard is still with News 4 and I see her quite often.

Jessica Brown, I think she should've stayed with News 4.

Brad Edwards of News 4's In Your Corner is dead. After his death, a team of 4 reporters continued his legency, but I've noticed that Scott Hines has been mainly the one, so he is the next Brad Edwards.

There was one black lady, forgot her name, she anchored at nights, but died in a crash after work. - News 4

There was one new weather guy for News 4 (forgot his name) but I heard rumors that he was ran off due to people complaining of his homosexuality and fear of connection to weather.

There was two young reporters and I think they anchored the 5pm newscast (male and female). They both left at same time. - News 4

News 4's Dan Threlkeld weather guy moved to a station in Tulsa.

I got no clue what happened to Reshonda Tate. - News 4

I got no clue what happened to Theresa Green. - News 4

David Payne at News 4 is still around, freaking out over each tornadoes.

If I'm correct, Theresa Green did medical reports. I wish she would return.

Sarah Libby, yeah she joined News 5 recently. I once saw her on LIVE video online overnight while I was tracking the storms. Somehow the video switched to a camera that pointed to the computers desk and this one guy was paranoid, kept staring at the camera, because he wanted it off and back on toward a radar view. I saw Sarah in the background, relaxing, eating a snack. She even confirmed it on their weather blog when I posted about the guy's paranoia behavior.

Someone had said that Linda was soon to retire and that Mike would too, but I haven't seen that happening. - News 4

The black lady was Lee Evans, I believe she was killed when her car was broad-sided by another.

Threlkeld is chief meteorologist at KJRH, Tulsa channel 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Okay, going thru pages of post and typing this in a notepad as I go along, because I'm forgetful. lol

Jessica Brown, I think she should've stayed with News 4.

Brad Edwards of News 4's In Your Corner is dead. After his death, a team of 4 reporters continued his legency, but I've noticed that Scott Hines has been mainly the one, so he is the next Brad Edwards.

There was one black lady, forgot her name, she anchored at nights, but died in a crash after work. - News 4

There was one new weather guy for News 4 (forgot his name) but I heard rumors that he was ran off due to people complaining of his homosexuality and fear of connection to weather.

There was two young reporters and I think they anchored the 5pm newscast (male and female). They both left at same time. - News 4

News 4's Dan Threlkeld weather guy moved to a station in Tulsa.

I got no clue what happened to Reshonda Tate. - News 4

I got no clue what happened to Theresa Green. - News 4

David Payne at News 4 is still around, freaking out over each tornadoes.

If I'm correct, Theresa Green did medical reports. I wish she would return.

Sarah Libby, yeah she joined News 5 recently. I once saw her on LIVE video online overnight while I was tracking the storms. Somehow the video switched to a camera that pointed to the computers desk and this one guy was paranoid, kept staring at the camera, because he wanted it off and back on toward a radar view. I saw Sarah in the background, relaxing, eating a snack. She even confirmed it on their weather blog when I posted about the guy's paranoia behavior.

Someone had said that Linda was soon to retire and that Mike would too, but I haven't seen that happening. - News 4

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post

Scratch that one. Cherokee left the biz....

KOCO: Callahan, Slinger, Cook, Suiter, Lohman, Reza gone in the last 4 months.

Rumored to go? Well, I won't say, but let's just say there won't be but a copuple left you were used to watching...sinking ship....

10. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by atutt View Post
    Scratch that one. Cherokee left the biz....

KOCO: Callahan, Slinger, Cook, Suiter, Lohman, Reza gone in the last 4 months.

Rumored to go? Well, I won't say, but let's just say there won't be but a copuple left you were used to watching...sinking ship....
    Wow, you do better teasers than the newscasts during sweeps.

You've got me intrigued; I'll be tuning into this board to catch all the latest, and of course, I'll be watching KOCO every day anyway.

They really do have a lot of new faces, with Jiao and Darrielle and Erin. Even more astounding to me is KFOR. I visited their website to see if Joleen Chaney was listed yet (she isn't) and I really don't know any of the people besides the old "war-horses" that probably should have retired a long time ago.

FOX25 lost Scott Padgett to Miami, and Sana Syed got a job in Dallas on FOX, so it looks like they're a couple cylinders short of a V-8 too.

All the while Gary England just goes on, and on, and on, and on..... much to the chagrin I'm sure, of all the people under him who would like to have a crack at the title "Chief Meteorologist".

11. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Gary will be doing the weather casts hooked up to life support if KWTV has anything to say about it, I think.

FOX I don't think has its identity just yet. I would expect a couple more movements.

Don't get too excited...Fox is losing JAIME CERRETA soon!

Don't get too excited...Fox is losing JAIME CERRETA soon!
    Oh really???? See, I watch these guys at 9, since I like to be asleep by 10.....Is it rumored that she is moving to Miami, to be with Scott? I'm 95% sure those two were an item....could be wrong, though....just my perception.....

14. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

I love this board. Who needs a newspaper when you can get the good stuff early here!?

If they lose Jaime, and they already lost Sana Syed, that probably leaves Britten Follett for the anchor chair. I hope they use her, because she's a superb anchor, and how wonderfully ironic that she was just a reporter on KWTV a few years back with no chance at all of getting an anchor chair. Now look at her.

Of course, FOX has gone blonde with its last three anchors, but then again, maybe that's why Britten's hair is getting lighter lately.

Anyway, thanks ATutt, for throwing a wonderful hand-grenade into the room. It keeps this forum interesting. ;-)

My pleasure. Here's a recap of who left in a years time I found off of another message board:

Teri Watkins
    Kate Godwin
    Tyler Suiters
    Kimberly Lohman
    Aaron Tuttle
    Constance Jones
    Mike Rigg
    Chris Callahan
    Adam Slinger
    Tierney Cook,
    Sophia Reza
    4 producers
    1 morning EP
    1 director
    1 special projects
    1 assignment editor
    3 editors
    2 photogs

Rumored to go next:
    2 anchors
    2 reporters
    2 producers

Does management not see this as a problem? Don't they only have two anchors to begin with?
    P.s. here is the list of openings on KOCO.com:
    Current Job Openings At KOCO
    High School Playbook Photographer/Editor
    High School Playbook Coordinator
    News Director/Technical Director
    News Producer
    News Producer
    News Reporter
    News Reporter
    Assistant Creative Services Director
    Photojournalist/Editor
    News Anchor/Reporter
    Senior Writer/Producer
    News Assignment Editor
    Sales Account Executive
    News Executive Producer AM
    News Anchor
    News Anchor
    News Producer
    Photojournalist

Uh....management is and always was the problem. If you were management, would you fire yourself? Think not...

Only hope now is for Corporate to step in and can the GM. Unfortunately it's too little to late to right the ship.

18. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

I'm TOTALLY applying for an anchor position.

But you people are getting PORK CHOP SANDWICHES and BODY MASSAGE interjected at random times during the telecast.

That'll right that ship

19. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

I'm at somewhat of a loss. This is the #1 ABC affiliate in the country, and the #1 rated newscast at 5 and 6pm (unless it changed recently) so why is everything so bad?

There should dancing in the streets at KOCO. They should be gunning for KWTV at 10 to try and knock them off. Are people just coming in, getting some great experience and credentials, then using it as a stepping stone to move on?

My pleasure. Here's a recap of who left in a years time I found off of another message board:

Teri Watkins
    Kate Godwin
    Tyler Suiters
    Kimberly Lohman
    Aaron Tuttle
    Constance Jones
    Mike Rigg
    Chris Callahan
    Adam Slinger
    Tierney Cook,
    Sophia Reza
    4 producers
    1 morning EP
    1 director
    1 special projects
    1 assignment editor
    3 editors
    2 photogs

Rumored to go next:
    2 anchors
    2 reporters
    2 producers

Geez, they really let go a lot of good talent. I don't even bother watching KOCO anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4OU View Post
    Geez, they really let go a lot of good talent. I don't even bother watching KOCO anymore.
    Everyone knows Channel 4 is the best news for ALL time slots, hell channel 5 doesnt even have a noon newscast anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    I love this board. Who needs a newspaper when you can get the good stuff early here!?

If they lose Jaime, and they already lost Sana Syed, that probably leaves Britten Follett for the anchor chair. I hope they use her, because she's a superb anchor, and how wonderfully ironic that she was just a reporter on KWTV a few years back with no chance at all of getting an anchor chair. Now look at her.

Of course, FOX has gone blonde with its last three anchors, but then again, maybe that's why Britten's hair is getting lighter lately.

Anyway, thanks ATutt, for throwing a wonderful hand-grenade into the room. It keeps this forum interesting. ;-)
    What ever happened to Brooke Osborne? And the other blonde, either before her or after her, that wore way too much blush? Surely Speno is not that hard to get along with!!

23. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Brooke Osburn works for Integris Health. I think the other woman you refer to is Jessica Carter. I don't know what happened to her.

Who is this Paul Folger and why does he deserve evenings over John Flick?

Quote Originally Posted by duckman View Post
    Who is this Paul Folger and why does he deserve evenings over John Flick?
    That name sounds familiar. I think he used to work at a station in Dallas a few years back.

Thread Information