Widgets Magazine

Thread: Beauty's Cafe

Default Beauty's Cafe

Please help. I remember my mother and I would get hamburgers after shopping on Saturdays at a little place called Beauty's Cafe. It was a white square building that also sold other items. For the life of me, I can't remember where it was located. Does anyone remember this place?

Default Re: Beauty's Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by biznesschic1959 View Post
    Please help. I remember my mother and I would get hamburgers after shopping on Saturdays at a little place called Beauty's Cafe. It was a white square building that also sold other items. For the life of me, I can't remember where it was located. Does anyone remember this place?
    Beauty?s Cafe | Abandoned Oklahoma

Do you know the location? Seems as if it was on the NW side of town.

Quote Originally Posted by biznesschic1959 View Post
    Do you know the location? Seems as if it was on the NW side of town.
    The building is on the NW corner of NW 11th and Western.

Gee . .. I wish that Beauty's Café could be reborn . . . (sigh)
    Perhaps as a new Braum's location within walking distance of The House. =)
    (just east of Penn, on Hefner =)

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Gee . .. I wish that Beauty's Café could be reborn . . . (sigh)
    Perhaps as a new Braum's location within walking distance of The House. =)
    (just east of Penn, on Hefner =)
    That building is way too cool for Braums but you could walk there in a couple of hours I think.

Abandon Oklahoma now charges you a fee if you want to view the maps?
    What a crock....

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Abandon Oklahoma now charges you a fee if you want to view the maps?
    What a crock....
    So maybe you want to foot the bill for a similar competing website and let everyone see everything for free?

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    So maybe you want to foot the bill for a similar competing website and let everyone see everything for free?
    If am not mistaken everything on the site used to be free. Its not like every Joey Potatoes on the street dosnt know where these places are and have no need for their "maps".

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    If am not mistaken everything on the site used to be free. Its not like every Joey Potatoes on the street dosnt know where these places are and have no need for their "maps".
    I wasn't personally familiar with the location of this business but found it fairly easily on my own after looking at the pictures. Without the website I wouldn't have had a clue. There are multitudes of things I would like to have access to on the internet free of charge but I have to deal with the policies set by the owner's of a website. My point is that you have no idea why they changed their policy about free access to the maps. I saw minimal advertising on the website so it has to cost them money without having any other income. Perhaps you would prefer that they just shut the website down?

Abandoned Oklahoma hasn't had "full, complete and free" access for a very long time. I was under the impression that they didn't want any Urban Explorer wannabe from off the street to screw up trespassing or whatever for more careful and considerate actual Seasoned Urban Explorers. (ps: I really like that site. A couple of months ago I stumbled across another site that does these very good Youtube videos of similar explorations of what are now essentially ghost towns. I'll try to find the link. Even the background music the guy chooses is good.)

Okay . . . Here's a link to one of dozens of "nostalgic" videos some person has put together.

The abandoned mansion, Fairfax Oklahoma - YouTube

I didn't embed the actual video so that you can easily select from any of the others from the selections on the right.

Thanks. Now I remember. We would go to the bank on nw 6th and Western. (I believe Central National bank?), then get hamburgers at Beauty's cafe. Ah, the memories!

Thread Information