Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Nothing like the ambiance of a BNSF train shaking the walls 12 times a day.
    This project is surrounded by a fairly decent residential neighborhood. Think the trains are any quieter for all of the professors living on quiet, shady residential streets across Classen? Doubt it.

Once Norman has its quiet zone implemented the train noise will be less noticeable. I'm not sure when that will be though.

Our understanding is that the City has approved the "quiet zone" and are currently working out the logistics of it all. Bear in mind that we have hired an accoustical engineer to take into account any noise transmission, sound deadening, deflection and dampening. I lived across from the Sooner Theatre on Main St. for 3 years and loved it.

Here's a construction update: We are currently working on a very large retaining wall on the East side of the lot, and will begin piering in about 30 days, so expect to see structure going up very soon! Presales are going amazingly, we want to thank all of those who share our vision. Please call us if you haven't been by the sales office. LOFT401 (405) 249-4442

Drove by today and saw all the dirt work going on. I can't wait to see it start to take shape.

Spoke with the general contractor today (of Stratera Construction - GC of the project), he stated that weather permitting, piers will begin to be installed in 3 weeks... Then we will all start to see the structure coming out of the ground and serious progress being made. Feel free to email me to get on our monthly newsletter.We will keep everyone posted!

Anymore updates, LOFT401?

At what point will unit prices go up?

Thanks for the question, Fish Sticks... We actually just had 60 trailer-loads of dirt delivered late this week to set up the for the building pads (and finishing site prep). Soon you will see the scale of the building footprints. Shortly after the pads are set start looking for piers and columns to go up! We are VERY close to going vertical! Very exciting, but this weather has us a little delayed in getting the process along... But nothing we can't overcome to stay on schedule I'm told. Keep the questions coming, and as always, feel free to call us at the sales office. (405) 249-4442

A sneak-peak into next month's newsletter: "Note From General Contractor: site grading is complete and we are preparing to start the drilling operation of +/- (80) structural concrete piers. These piers will be approximately 30 feet deep and will support the forthcoming building construction upon the underlying bedrock “strata”. We expect this phase of the construction operation to take about (3) weeks. From then forward, the building construction will start to go “vertical” and begin to be visible to passers-by!........Dale R. Diercks, President, Stratera Construction, LLC"

Pier installation being completed today! Above-grade work will begin, which will mean structure is soon to follow... To keep posted, check this blog frequently! - LOFT401 Sales Team

LOFT401, will you be posting pics periodically?

We are trying to figure out how to do so on this site without having to post them on the internet. You are more than welcome to register on our website LOFT401 to receive photos that way... We are on top of this and will do what we can to get this figured out! Thank you for your patience.

Nice lofts for Norman, this is a big step for our upscale residential community.

14. Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

Loft401, i appreciate your abundant use of exclamation points. However, i worry that the Norman "Quiet Zone" is more a pipedream than reality. The idea that the BNSF and NTSB will instruct their engineers to NOT blow a warning horn at the very dangerous and outdated Boyd St. crossing just so Steve Owens, et al can enjoy a game-day party pad in relative quiet, well, it's seems a little dubious to me. Can you please show where the city planners and the railroad have agreed to this?

I saw they recently tore down some houses on Monnett, near Duffy, it looks like the same group (but not the 401 Loft group) owns about 6 adjacent houses on what would be a sizable lot. Maybe 401 Lofts is about to get a trend started? Just speculation on my part.

Indeed the "quiet zone" is a pipe dream. The City of Norman began investigating this option nearly 2 years ago...I still hear that train a comin'.

I had high hopes upon hearing about the lofts...but alas, it's just another Commons, Edge, or whatever you want to call it with a gate and a pool. How about some originality for once in this town. If the "quite zone" is real, how about developing some old industrial sites in core Norman? Now that's a loft I would live in.

Why are you guys hating on this?! How about you pony up the money and build something that you want. Don't insult what they are trying to do. geez

18. Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

Err... with all do respect, OUguy, it is because TheLoft is asking us to pay 150k to live RIGHT NEXT to the railroad tracks, (whilst I live near the same tracks, within walking distance to the exact same resrataunts for $6k per year) W/O ANY gaurantee that the ever-present Norman train will be quited at 3:15 AM, or convincing their potential market that they have done due diligence on this matter.
    We all love and romanticize the train here in Norman, however, few of us plan to pay such a high price for the privilege over 30 years. My point is, maybe this ad is better placed on St.LouisTalk.com,or some such place.

lastly, i don't need a smug lecture on what "upscale urban living" entails, especially when it sounds A LOT like "poor-ass east side living".

NEWS FLASH--if you don't like what they are offering, don't buy, if you do like what they are offering, give them a call. No need to get your Hanes in a wad over something so trivial.

Hanes in a wad? I have no idea what that means. You're right, if I don't like it, I won't buy into it. But that's not the point. The point is runaway development in this city is costing everyone. Not necessarily in actual dollars, but the community suffers each time a developer swoops in with a "great idea" to make money. This is the root of all problems in the modern world. So, as OUguy suggests, I am putting my money down, for real, sustainable, enjoyable, quality living. Not some game day condos for the ultra rich, that's certainly not what Norman needs.

21. Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

Fair enough, rc. But it's not just a matter of what i buy or don't buy. When affordable residential and commercial spaces in central Norman continue to be demolished and actual students are left with no options other than the giant (very expensive) apartment complexes and regular folks continue to be priced out of rents and buying options, well, it just doesn't sit well with me. That being said, i do support people bringing new ideas and visions to this town and hope that the lofts are the begining of an exciting archectual and commercial boom. I just hope there is something left of Old Norman when it's done.

401 can we get any pics yet?

It's going up. They don't have a lot of it, but just give it a few weeks. I'll take some pics myself next time I go eat at The Mont..

Quote Originally Posted by istilldon'tgetit View Post
    When affordable residential and commercial spaces in central Norman continue to be demolished and actual students are left with no options other than the giant (very expensive) apartment complexes and regular folks continue to be priced out of rents and buying options, well, it just doesn't sit well with me.
    From what I've been able to glean paying attention to city workings, the unspoken plan between OU with its recently increasing student population and the city of Norman is to allow giant multi-story residential units aimed at the college crowd to be built to the south and southeast of campus. Witness OU Traditions, Campus Bungalows down by hiway 9, that new apartment/golf development south of hiway 9 by cedar lane, etc. I'm sure there are others...

The plan is to run low-end college kids away from core Norman and let OU develop that stuff across from the Duck Pond. Rumors of a retirement cottage neighborhood. And to let the core close-in neighborhoods become filled with affluent alumni parents of OU children/game day enthusiasts/rent queens(!)/single families etc...

don't believe me, check out what they are getting for "lofts" near campus and downtown :
    Magnolia Apartments -::- Native Roots

I'm trying to get a digi camera to take pics of the damn 401 one of these days if there aint some other person with a cam out there!

Quote Originally Posted by istilldon'tgetit View Post
    Fair enough, rc. But it's not just a matter of what i buy or don't buy. When affordable residential and commercial spaces in central Norman continue to be demolished and actual students are left with no options other than the giant (very expensive) apartment complexes and regular folks continue to be priced out of rents and buying options, well, it just doesn't sit well with me. That being said, i do support people bringing new ideas and visions to this town and hope that the lofts are the begining of an exciting archectual and commercial boom. I just hope there is something left of Old Norman when it's done.
    Nothing was demolished to make way for this project, again if you don't like this project, theres several choices in the immediate area.

Thread Information