Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

Finalized rendering available at LOFT401 !!! Please take a look at what we believe will be an amazing addition to the area. Feel free to call us with any questions. (405) 249-4442.

These look really slick and a I love the location.

Easy access to campus, Campus Corner, Amtrak station and the reemerging downtown area. The new McNellies (120 e. main) could really kick things off there.

Lots of other universities have similar developments and it's a mix of students, young professionals and alums that want a place near the action, especially for games.

Personally, the train noise wouldn't be a big issue. After all, these are lofts and that might even add to the urban feel.

Congrats on a great project! Looking forward to seeing the sales office when I'm in town in a couple of months.

Thank you Pete! We look forward to meeting you in person and appreciate the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    The new McNellies (120 e. main) could really kick things off there.
    It's going to be at 121 E. Main.

5. Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

Really nice. I noticed that the units is selling quite quickly. How many was sold thru advertisement on here?

One thing that I noticed in a pix was the size of the tv surrounded by shelves. What if someone have/want a bigger tv?

These look great and I hope they start more of these on Boyd west of these too. That are needs renovation bad.

I counted 8 out of 36 as being 'sold'. No idea how often the website is updated.

I wonder if they'll just build it and rent out the other units.

I hope the project works.

I really like the look of these and think they're a great idea. I'm actually considering buying one. But I am worried about some of the stuff people on here have already mentioned (e.g., the train). Also, a gas station will be located directly east of it on a bordering property. It constantly smells like gasoline, which would be a downside to anyone buying a terrace or loft on the east side that borders the gas station.

I agree with Jeopardude that the properties west of it on Boyd need a major upgrade and units like these would be a great addition.

I will add that I think another upside to these will be the very close location to the Porter Avenue revitalization (if it ever happens).

It also appears that the semi-run down neighborhood directly to the location's north is getting a lot of work done. I think some house flippers are fixing up a lot of the properties and making them look substantially better.

The Porter Avenue revitilization is in the works. It is a process with the government that takes time to get the funding through. It has to be brought up for public debate so many times yada yada yada.

I agree, the porter/classen area is redeveloping.

check this:

----
    The Porter Avenue Corridor Project area extends from Castro Street on the south to Haddock Street on the north, between Findlay Avenue on the east and nearly to Peters Avenue to the west.
    ----

also check this:

----
    Council, by a vote of 5-3, approved an amended resolution declaring an "administrative delay" for a period of 12 months on the acceptance of all applications for building, demolition, paving, platting and rezoning activities in the Porter Avenue Corridor Project area.
    http://www.normantranscript.com/arch...tory_224011549
    ----

okay, granted, this area is a few blocks north of the condo project, there is a new/altered land use planning project going on.

----

oh and another thing, i was looking at the 401 loft website, and it has 3 tiers of pricing. the website says it will raise prices as it goes from one tier to the next.

----

I'm still wondering if the thing will break ground, let alone be done by summer '10.

Last edited by blangtang; 08-21-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: link added

Quote Originally Posted by Jeopardude View Post
    That are needs renovation bad.
    Me write English good.

Loft 401 will be located at 401 E. Boyd, hence the name LOFT 401. The sales are going great! A lot of people are taking advantage of the "preconstruction pricing," and yes, you are correct, prices will be going up once construction begins. If anyone has any questions please feel free to call us at (405) 249-4442. Thanks!

Loft401, any estimate on when construction will begin? It seems like it's getting late for the Summer '10 completion date to work.

We are slated for later in the month September. Thanks for your question!

16. Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

I ride my bike by there often and the Mont's overflow parking is now closed, they have started site preparation.

Yes sir, OUman, we have! Get excited everyone!

pile of mud, with a chain link fence. not gonna be done by next summer

I wanted to get everyone updated... We had our official groundbreaking last Thursday, and will begin working on the site this week! Expect to see structure coming out of the ground in the next 30-45 days! We will keep everyone posted with photos etc, but feel free to visit us at our sales office, 541 S. University in Campus Corner. LOFT401

Quote Originally Posted by LOFT401 View Post
    I wanted to get everyone updated... We had our official groundbreaking last Thursday, and will begin working on the site this week! Expect to see structure coming out of the ground in the next 30-45 days! We will keep everyone posted with photos etc, but feel free to visit us at our sales office, 541 S. University in Campus Corner. LOFT401
    When do you think the project will be finished?

We are looking at 12 months from now.

Nothing like the ambiance of a BNSF train shaking the walls 12 times a day.

23. Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

i bet it is alot more then 12.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerAg View Post
    i bet it is alot more then 12.
    Double it, and then add a few, and that's just for the trains. If memory serves, we have 26+ daily passthroughs in Norman.

Me, I like trains. I don't live within spitting distance from the tracks, but I'm not much farther out from them.

I do enjoy when the trains come through. However, they are so common, I concede I really don't always notice them.

I once lived across the street from the Mont and behind that liquor store. I could truly throw a rock from the back door and hit a train. If I was on the phone when a train went by I had to either wait until the train had passed or hang up. The walls and windows shook. At first it was very annoying but, after awhile I got used to it and even slept thru all the racket. Now..this little house was old and had no insulation. I don't think the train noise would be so bad at the "401".

Thread Information