Widgets Magazine

Thread: Decisions, Decisions

Default Decisions, Decisions

Deep Fork Grill or the Mantel .... gotta make a choice. Have yet to sample DFG and it's been a while since I visited the mantel (loved it, but it's been a while)

Your mission, should you choose to engage it, it to list 3 reasons why you'd pick the one you prefer.

Default Re: Decisions, Decisions

The Mantel:

1. Great food.
    2. Great wine selection.
    3. I tend to not like anything in the Deep Fork Group of restaurants. (just my opinion - they absolutely destroyed the Red Moon Cafe when I lived near it. Started out great, then Deep Fork took over and it hit the crapper and fast.)

Option #3, Red Prime, but if you have to choose between those, I'd say DFG but you can't go wrong with any of those.

I'll second Metro with Red Prime, if you can choose something other than the two options you gave.

Quote Originally Posted by amaesquire View Post
    The Mantel:

1. Great food.
    2. Great wine selection.
    3. I tend to not like anything in the Deep Fork Group of restaurants. (just my opinion - they absolutely destroyed the Red Moon Cafe when I lived near it. Started out great, then Deep Fork took over and it hit the crapper and fast.)
    you know that the mantel is a deep fork group restaurant.

To the op. DFG is my favorite place but you can't go wrong with the mantel or with red prime

I think Red Prime has gone downhill. The Mantel would be my choice (get the seafood martini thing), but I love the DFG.

And the deep fork group has some great offerings. I mean, who doesn't like the wedge? And the DFG is great! Cafe Nova, not so much anymore.

How has Red Prime gone downhill?

No disrespect meant, but I was requesting views on two specific locations. Perhaps the merits and downside, if any, for Red Prime, ought to have its own little slice of heaven.

i miss my steak and ale.
    just whining
    pardon the interruption.

Quote Originally Posted by amaesquire View Post
    The Mantel:

1. Great food.
    2. Great wine selection.
    Deep Fork started the REd Moon. They came up with the conept and owned it the entire time it was opened

I think we've decided on returning to the Mantle. Fond memories, and the central BT location works well for us. Now the tough part, time to coordinate an available date.

Well, the Mantel is owned by Deep Fork Group, as is the Deep Fork Grill (of course).

Personally, I would pick Red Prime over both of them. Great food, great service, and a great time in a progressive atmosphere.

Thread Information