Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Results of local issues

Default Re: Results of local issues

Let's bargain...start out by giving the guy a book of coupons for a free chicken nugget happy meal each day.

My question is...does he pay for all the NBA games and other such events he goes to? I'd consider those perks and worth a lot.

I think that vote sent a clear message to them...I think we'll likely see an alternate proposal from them at the next vote. hipster, we also need to see a more complete picture of all the perks like you said. It's kind of like my side airline job. It pays nothing, but I can fly anywhere anytime for free, so that makes up for a lot for someone that wants/needs to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Yes, but he still is pretty much Mayor full time, perception is reality. Most people do not know we have a weak mayor form of government. He is our Chief PR Officer if you will. Do we want our garbage men (very valued) still making more than our Mayor who is our local, national and international figurehead of luring business (NBA anyone?) to our city.
    Our current system has worked fine for many years. Now, if that is no longer the case then we may need to look at changing our form of Government over to a strong Mayor form. Like Tulsa has. The point remains, you can pay someone $500,000. a year to be the Mayor, but who ever that someone is you can bet they will come from a small group of people who live north of the Oklahoma river. Thats reality.

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    My question is...does he pay for all the NBA games and other such events he goes to? I'd consider those perks and worth a lot.
    No he does not. The taxpayers pay for those. Including the luxury suite at the Ford Center.

Quote Originally Posted by sgray View Post
    I think that vote sent a clear message to them...I think we'll likely see an alternate proposal from them at the next vote. hipster, we also need to see a more complete picture of all the perks like you said. It's kind of like my side airline job. It pays nothing, but I can fly anywhere anytime for free, so that makes up for a lot for someone that wants/needs to fly.
    Look in the City Council agendas

The mayor here in Wilburton (pop ~3,000) pays the mayor $50,000 a year.

I think I've said this before, but being mayor or a council member is not a full time job, nor is it supposed to be.

We've attracted civic-minded candidates with the pay scale that's in place now.

Thread Information